• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Bonucci: 'It was my mistake' By Football Italia staff

Leonardo Bonucci took the blame for Galatasaray’s opening goal, but insisted Juventus “ran very few risks.”

The defender’s poor backpass allowed Didier Drogba to score in a 2-2 Champions League draw.

“It was my mistake, as my pass was too short and unfortunately Drogba did well to take advantage of it. We know that in Europe you cannot get away with this sort of error.

“On the first goal it was my individual goal, but other than that we ran very few risks. The moment we moved badly in defence, we conceded.

“I always said we had to improve in Europe and now we must work on what we’ve learned in this match.”

It is a curious statistic that Juventus have conceded the first goal on five different occasions this season, including both in the Champions League.

“Obviously in recent matches we have often gone behind and opponents hope to attack me as last man. I always try to find an alternative, getting the ball when there are others around me.

“In 200 passes per game there can be one that is misplaced. It’s just a matter of a split second of concentration, but that doesn’t mean we go on to the field with less aggression or adrenaline than in the last two years.

“We managed to turn the game around tonight, but unfortunately were unable to hold on to that lead. We are Juventus and that means going out to win every game.”
He is man enough to admit his mistake. Now will he learn from it? I was cringing during the Torino game when they 'passed the buck' type backpassing. It was only a matter of time and tonight they conceded.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Still can't believe what he did. I wasn't even angry at that point, it just looked sad and pathetic. He should hit the bench and stay there.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Bonucci had his worst game for us in a while, not just the backpass which led to their goal. However, I have faith that he will bounce back, forza leo!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Except, of course, the mistake had nothing much to do with his defensive ability.

No-one said Chiellini's mistake wasn't surprising because he's not a good defender. They, quite rightly observed it was down to his poor technique.

That the error wasn't down to Bonucci's defensive capabilities just makes it all the easier to dismiss the incident as a freak thing that happens every so often.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
As for his defensive capabilities I picked up quite interesting thing on Italian forums. Bonucci wins 47% of his duels, Chiellini for instance wins 70%, Barzagli 60%, Ogbonna 69%; Bonucci averagely wins 33% of headers, Chiellini 73%, Ogbonna 76, Barzagli 46%, Licht 83%...

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
As for his defensive capabilities I picked up quite interesting thing on Italian forums. Bonucci wins 47% of his duels, Chiellini for instance wins 70%, Barzagli 60%, Ogbonna 69%; Bonucci averagely wins 33% of headers, Chiellini 73%, Ogbonna 76, Barzagli 46%, Licht 83%...
But his passes are great, that should be enough quality for a defender.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't find that interesting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
But his passes are great, that should be enough quality for a defender.
:D His passes are very good and considering that he plays as libero those deficiencies are masked, but he'll find it very difficult in a 4 man back line. There is progress definitely, but he must continue improving his game further.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't find that interesting.
Good for you. I usually sustain myself from giving input/commenting when certain info is not interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 467)