Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jul 28, 2002
Great game today, helped by a toothless chievo and extra pogba protection infront of him which allowed him to show off his attacking tekkers. His long short (i.e. ground) passes were impressive and stretched the play wilst maintaining the tempo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Best part was how in two occasions basically just decided to run with the ball quite a bit, dribble 2 players, then make a neat pass to someone infront of the box. Bit cocky for a CB hehe, but nice initiative.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Best part was how in two occasions basically just decided to run with the ball quite a bit, dribble 2 players, then make a neat pass to someone infront of the box. Bit cocky for a CB hehe, but nice initiative.
In the first half, yeah? I did enjoy that too.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
What do u think of Marrone and Masi @K? :klin:
Marrone? He seems to have enough potential to become a good player for us. Needs to be given time. I liked how Conte could possibly create a defender out of him. Decent vice-Bonucci.

Masi? I don't know nor do I care much.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
After all that unjustified criticism he's had lately, no-one pick up on Bonucci's really bad mistake tonight?

When Ljajic went clean through on goal, Bonucci got himself out of position because when the ball was travelling, he was thinking about sneaking in to pinch it from Ljajic, when he should have just been getting himself goalside and in a position to try and tackle Ljajic.

Thinking about trying to make the interception got him wrong side, though, and Ljajic was too quick for him to have any chance of recovering.

It's the sort of mistake I find far more disturbing than the odd loss of concentration and the kind of thing Bonucci really should know better than by now.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
You mean the one chance which Ljajic shot wide? Yeah, that short of comical when you saw the replay, he literally let Ljajic went on with the ball while sending himself to the wrong direction; though it's harder than it looks because Bonucci had to track two things in the opposite direction.

Aug 1, 2003
I thought he had a decent game. Barring Jovetic's header. Viola never really threatened (they could've but didnt), Ljajic squandered a chance from a tight angle and that was also thanks to (after getting away from our defender which shouldnt have happened) our defender staying closely to him

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
After all that unjustified criticism he's had lately, no-one pick up on Bonucci's really bad mistake tonight?

When Ljajic went clean through on goal, Bonucci got himself out of position because when the ball was travelling, he was thinking about sneaking in to pinch it from Ljajic, when he should have just been getting himself goalside and in a position to try and tackle Ljajic.

Thinking about trying to make the interception got him wrong side, though, and Ljajic was too quick for him to have any chance of recovering.

It's the sort of mistake I find far more disturbing than the odd loss of concentration and the kind of thing Bonucci really should know better than by now.
Bonucci certanly did a mistake there , but shouldn't chiellini have been there in the first place?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bonucci certanly did a mistake there , but shouldn't chiellini have been there in the first place?
Chiellini had gone and got tight to a Fiorentina player who had gone short to receive the ball.

You could well argue that Chiellini shouldn't have got dragged out of position, but being aggressive and getting tight is something you can normally do without too much risk when playing three CBs.

I would actually argue, if you were looking at the positions of the other CBs, that Barzagli was too wide at that point (as Lichtsteiner was almost in an orthodox RB position), so he should have been in a position to move across and cover the space in behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 71)