Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

RavaneVialli2

Aug 4, 2012
Bad performace, but he's been facing the imminent end of his career in the last couple of weeks, so let's give him a break for now, he obviously needs time to mentally recover after all those accusations, prosecutions and trial.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's better that he is making these mistakes now, than later in the season. He'll improve, just like he did last season.
Bonucci making a bad mistake and Juve winning would seem to me to be the ideal outcome from a Juve perspective.

Bonucci will get the slap he probably needed to get him back focused on playing football and to avoid any sort of overconfidence.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He is the only thing that worries me when we play CL. He is so heavily sheltered by this team and by our possession rates. If we ever have to face a stronger team in the CL and have to defend, I am not confident in him. He got raped so heavily by Spain in the Euro. That's like playing Real or Barca.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Bunch of drama queens up in here. Super cup in China so a bit of tension, just got cleared from a ridiculously long suspension, no Conte, a geriatric space cadet on the right, Barzagli on his off side on the left, a very slick field, and the FIRST GAME of the season. Napoli has a lot of pace with their counter attack, it's not really all that surprising that the defense was a bit shaky at times today, now is it? Wow.

Didn't quite close the pass down that led to the 1st goal, but that's Lucio who totally loses his man, and then goes for a stroll after Buffon makes the hero save on Cavani. On Pandev's goal Bonucci should have had better positioning, but if he strikes the ball an inch to the right on his boot, Pandev can't control the ricochet with his chest, and everyone would have said 'phew, good recovery'. Pandev's finish on that goal was pretty damn nice too, to dink it past a sliding Bonucci and over Gigi - persistence, and very nice touch, class finish.

Yeah, Bonucci was wasteful in possession, particularly in the first half; he needs to work on his decision making. He also nearly made a couple very long assists, had a few nice challenges 1 v 1, and screened De Sanctis when he flapped at that FK, that Maggio headed into his own net.

Not a good day for Leo, but people making these bold predictions for a horror season based on one game is really silly.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
How dare you write a rational post in this thread!
Crazy, isn't it? People need to have a bit of patience, there doesn't always have to be an escape goat :D

We're not packing Motta, Marchionni, or Molinaro quality players anymore.

This man represents a significant investment, he needs playing time to improve.

---------- Post added 11.08.2012 at 23:56 ----------

Nah, you can't defend what Bonucci did imo. No matter how big a fan you are.
:howler:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
You serious right now? No one's saying he's shit, but what he did was a mistake. A big one at that.
Well I just did defend the player, didn't I? I mean, you read the post and all? :p

Yeah, he made a sizable mistake, and was ultimately responsible for that goal. So what, you want to throw him under the bus? Bench him for our other fantastic options, and damage his confidence?

I'm sure you've played team sports, there were issues all across the defense today, shit happens.

First game of the season, like I said, he had a bad day.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
right, I agree. But you make it seem like he's not really to blame. If he had kicked the ball one inch to the right, Pandev did really well to finish, etc.

I still think he should start and rightfully so, but that's a pretty significant mistake and I'm sure everyone here would be singing a different tune if we had lost because of it.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
right, I agree. But you make it seem like he's not really to blame. If he had kicked the ball one inch to the right, Pandev did really well to finish, etc.

I still think he should start and rightfully so, but that's a pretty significant mistake and I'm sure everyone here would be singing a different tune if we had lost because of it.
Yeah, but watch that goal again. He recovers enough to have a clear swing at the ball, unfortunately he knocks it directly into Pandev's chest; Goran controls it nicely, and manages to finish a tight one between our boys. it was a class goal. What I said was exactly what happened; go ahead, watch it again. :D

Of course he's to blame, but it's one goal, and people are overreacting big time. By the way, when was the last time a single mistake by Bonucci cost us a game? So why should he be crucified if it does happens in the future? Mistakes happen, team sport, learn from it, regroup, and move on.

Lots of room for improvement for this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 86)