Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The first goal was a very difficult ball to defend and he did quite well to stop Maggio getting it. That he wasn't able to clear it was unfortunate.

Are you blaming him for playing Pandev onside for the second goal? There was very little time to react, Pirlo unexpectedly lost it and the ricochet was perfect for Pandev. Pretty harsh to blame him for that.

He was clearly - and badly - at fault for the third goal, though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
The first goal was a very difficult ball to defend and he did quite well to stop Maggio getting it. That he wasn't able to clear it was unfortunate.

Are you blaming him for playing Pandev onside for the second goal? There was very little time to react, Pirlo unexpectedly lost it and the ricochet was perfect for Pandev. Pretty harsh to blame him for that.

He was clearly - and badly - at fault for the third goal, though.
The first goal he could've done much better when the clearance. Even if out for a corner.

The second goal was his original error making a nothing clearance which put Pirlo under pressure to clear.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I'd like to quote another sensible poster from another side

thing is, apparently Bonucci screwed up big time in this match (I didn't see any of the goals so I don't know), that is just what I read. He is 24 years old and really has never won anything meaningful in his life. Yes, to be a Juve player you have to be flawless but he is also young and learning. Under Moggi we bought the best of the best, first because we already had a strong squad and because we could afford them. Under Marotta we buy promising talent and we develop them under our roof (see Matri, Pepe, Vidal, Marchisio, Bonucci). Leonardo is bound to make mistakes, I don't like it, and I am sure he doesn't either, but he needs a little bit of breathing room. Ciro Ferrara was 3 years older than Bonucci when we brought him, he did his learning in Naples; Cannavaro was 7 years older than Bonucci. This will cost us some points, but I doubt Hummels Rhodolfo, Toloi will be perfect if they were to come right away. If we can't tolerate errors, then we better hope Puyol or Vidic come our way.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
But how sensible can you be when you refer to Pepe, Vidal & Matri to promising "talent"? Sure, they're no old hags, but none of those is a player you get based solely on potential. You get them to perform here & now.

Also, we didn't "bring" Marchisio.

And we generally didn't buy "the best of the best" under Moggi either.

Other than that he has a point.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
the point is: if you don't buy established players that probably already won something (to show their worth ... like pirlo) than you will have to live with the mistakes those players do. they have to do this to mature.... just remember bonucci is 24 like another "talent" we crave for (giovinco). taking this into consideration and also taking into consideration that defenders mature later because they benefit mostly from experience bonucci is not overly bad... as pointed out in the mat hummels thread based on his performance against bayern hummels is far from perfect either even gifting the opponent the ball more often.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
But how sensible can you be when you refer to Pepe, Vidal & Matri to promising "talent"? Sure, they're no old hags, but none of those is a player you get based solely on potential. You get them to perform here & now.
so is vidal no talent with his age ? apart from that you got a point ;)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
No, I would certainly not qualify Vidal as a "promising talent".

Of course he is talented, but that's entirely different from the point the guy you quoted was trying to make, but failed.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Admitting mistakes is a brave thing to do. I do respect him for that.

He needs to improve heavily for him to stay a starter. I hope we buy a left back in January, Chiellini returns to partner Barzagli and Bonucci stays as a backup for both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 78)