Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The majority would have been laying into him for weeks now had the opposition been more clinical from a Bonucci mistake. I can still remember the mistakes he survived from the Fiorentina, Palermo and Lazio matches. Doesn't matter if he gets 90% of passes correct or not, he's still a liability when one of those passes gifts Ilicic or Rocchi a shot at goal.
While his passing is poor, people are far too focused on that.

Bonucci is a CB, so his main job is to defend.

He frequently makes mistakes when defending and that is what he should be criticised for, primarily.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
either start playing pepe at lb and move chiellin to cb, or call up sorensen instead of bonucci.

how he fails at basic defending as mind shattering. it's like motta and grygera all over again.

Jun 7, 2003
yeah he made me angry today, he already got yellow and was again talking with the ref i could have punched him in this moment motherfucker but he is our player and shit happens. he is just nervious everyday we are linked with other cbs at the end of the season we can think what to do but right now it wont help him to bash him. i wont believe that he is that bad!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He was also pretty lucky not to be sent off.

When already booked, he deliberately obstructed Inler to stop a dangerous counter attack.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I guess he made his customary "only one mistake" per game, only that his brain fart cost us this time. Actually, in the Napoli game he had more than one.

Sub material. He shouldn't be starting for Juventus. Chiellini back to CB, a new quality LB, and a new CB in the summer.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Sure he's young but he's not a kid. At 24 you make some misstakes every now and then, but not every game. Not those kind of misstakes. He can become better but with that awfully poor decision making I'm wondering how much better he actually can become. He's not even strong enough which he should be by now. With more experience I'm certain that his decision making to some degree will increase and his ability to read the game and stop hitting row Z when it's not needed. But he has disappointed and scared me too many times now to let me expect anything else than he's on his way becoming no more than avarage. I am willing to keep him as a backup in case Sörensen can't play until the summer. In the summer we can evaluate our offers and our options, hopefully we can find a new LB in january and a new CB in the summer who can rotate Chiellini and Barza (let the best one in form play). Either stay as fourth choice or leave during the summer. He's too prone to making misstakes to be a third choice...

And please shave off that "beard", you look like a drunk elf.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Didn't think this game was different from a normal Bonucci game.

It's just that his one big mistake lead to a goal, when very often he gets away with it.
It was different in the sense that he made more mistakes than usual. Maybe not all of them "big" mistakes, but last night he was the most perfect example of an unreliable defender.

Sucks that he's not worth the 32 million we paid for him.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Sky: Extreme undervaluing of Leonardo Bonucci's transfer to Juventus shows that the deal cost Juventus €40million. More to follow.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Hmm... maybe I'd think about resting him in the next game.

Mistake after mistake, game by game... he has to understand he isn't untouchable and next game is the ideal one for that. Plus, if he dares to lose his confidence after being put out in one single game, he's no Juve material (I don't think he would, as same already happened to him in the beggining of the season). I wouldn't launch De Ceglie though, but Sorensen.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Right know anything will do for me. Bring Chiellini in and put Esti/Sörensen/Bonucci/De Ceglie/Grosso as LB. Anyone would do, almost. I'd even put in a primavera just to try it out...

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
How often does a defender's mistakes directly lead to 3 goals in one game? What a remarkable performance by Bonucci.

It makes you wonder how he ever became a professional defender. He always positions himself sideways one and one leaving himself open to be easily wrong footed. He practically always gets beaten one on one. Added to that he seems slow and lethargic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 628)