Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Bonucci is one of the world's best cb's. Possibly top 5 even. He also has very obvious flaws. Kind of like Sergio Ramos and Thiago Silva. Incredible defenders, but their mistakes and weaknesses are very frustrating.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
He's probably the best with ball in possession. It was his pass that set up our only goal in the CL final.
In defence he's not always so flash.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Me too. More playing time for beloved Barzagli. :heart:
Really? More time for a 37 year old who has looked painfully slow and made some fatal errors last season? :howler: :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

Sell a 30 year old international for 40
Buy a 24 year old international for 12

lol
30 year old, in his prime, arguably the best in his position for 40 million

24 year old bench warmer and reject, hasn't been relevant in years, and probably not even top 30 in his position with an expiring contract for 12 million

I know which team got the better deal. Hint: It doesn't begin with a J

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Bonucci is one of the world's best cb's. Possibly top 5 even. He also has very obvious flaws. Kind of like Sergio Ramos and Thiago Silva. Incredible defenders, but their mistakes and weaknesses are very frustrating.

This doesn't cancel out his conclusion of people pulling a quick volte face to better deal with this I guess

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

I think you entirely missed the point I was making earlier.

I agree with what you said. In fact, along those same lines, I always thought Bonucci, as well Barzagli and Chielini, were being overrated individually and it was playing in a back 3 that allowed them to complement each other and mask each other's flaws.

That being said, considering these days average CBs (average by the lofty standards of the 80s/90s and early 2000s) pass for "world class", it was difficult to argue that someone like Bonucci, who IMO was the best of the BBC trio, wasn't a top-5 or so CB in the world.

Even more so, I fully expect some of Bonucci's flaws to be more clearly exposed, if he were to be used in a back-4 at Milan, so I am not exactly expecting he would be a top-3 or top-5 CB in such a set-up.

That doesn't make less irrational, however, the reaction of so many here, who have literally tried to take Bonucci from a top-3/top-5 CB (by their own accounts during his Juve days) to a below-average player, over the course of a couple of days from his leaving Juve.
That is just plain stupid ... and that was my point from earlier.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think you entirely missed the point I was making earlier.

I agree with what you said. In fact, along those same lines, I always thought Bonucci, as well Barzagli and Chielini, were being overrated individually and it was playing in a back 3 that allowed them to complement each other and mask each other's flaws.

That being said, considering these days average CBs (average by the lofty standards of the 80s/90s and early 2000s) pass for "world class", it was difficult to argue that someone like Bonucci, who IMO was the best of the BBC trio, wasn't a top-5 or so CB in the world.

Even more so, I fully expect some of Bonucci's flaws to be more clearly exposed, if he were to be used in a back-4 at Milan, so I am not exactly expecting he would be a top-3 or top-5 CB in such a set-up.

That doesn't make less irrational, however, the reaction of so many here, who have literally tried to take Bonucci from a top-3/top-5 CB (by their own accounts during his Juve days) to a below-average player, over the course of a couple of days from his leaving Juve.
That is just plain stupid ... and that was my point from earlier.
:tup:

I am actually very curious to see how Milan goes this season. Bonucci if he has his way will take over the lockeroom, we have to see how that pans out. What are you expectations for this season?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

I am actually very curious to see how Milan goes this season. Bonucci if he has his way will take over the lockeroom, we have to see how that pans out. What are you expectations for this season?

Bonucci's leadership and no-nonsense attitude is what I am looking forward to the most, tbh. He is an excellent defender, although not perfect, and will obviously benefit Milan's defense in that way but his biggest mark, imo, would be his leadership, which would hopefully make the entire team play with attitude. So tired of the vanilla teams of the past 3-4 years :p

With this mercato, which doesn't seem to have an end :p, I think Milan can finally field a competitive squad and legitimately challenge for a top-4 spot. How the team does will ultimately come down to whether Montella is the man for the job and if he can build a team out of these players.
One thing is new, though, compared to previous years - if the team does fail to qualify for CL in 2018, lack of good, quality players can no longer be used as an excuse.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Looky looky

[video=twitter;886999313813049344]https://twitter.com/bonucci_leo19/status/886999313813049344[/video]
Dunno why but this video is so funny to me. I consider this guy beign normal guy and he comes up with this shit. This is something we would probably see with Pogba.
Maybe im old fashioned but 30 years old guy filming movies like this and getting all cocky with hard music is just pathetic for me.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Bonucci's leadership and no-nonsense attitude is what I am looking forward to the most, tbh. He is an excellent defender, although not perfect, and will obviously benefit Milan's defense in that way but his biggest mark, imo, would be his leadership, which would hopefully make the entire team play with attitude. So tired of the vanilla teams of the past 3-4 years

With this mercato, which doesn't seem to have an end :p, I think Milan can finally field a competitive squad and legitimately challenge for a top-4 spot. How the team does will ultimately come down to whether Montella is the man for the job and if he can build a team out of these players.
One thing is new, though, compared to previous years - if the team does fail to qualify for CL in 2018, lack of good, quality players can no longer be used as an excuse.
Will be an interesting season

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Dunno why but this video is so funny to me. I consider this guy beign normal guy and he comes up with this $#@!. This is something we would probably see with Pogba.
Maybe im old fashioned but 30 years old guy filming movies like this and getting all $#@!y with hard music is just pathetic for me.
He didn't exactly put this together himself.

A player is a brand. Brands have PR to promote and market themselves. Case in point Pogba bringing us the big money!

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He didn't exactly put this together himself.

A player is a brand. Brands have PR to promote and market themselves. Case in point Pogba bringing us the big money!
Im aware of it, but its still funny for me. Its probably because i have never accepted all the marketing bullshit that is a part of todays football.
Its also the fact I never saw him doing this kind of shit when he was with us. For example Ibra doing this kind of videos is normal, because its part of his personality, but Bonucci? Come on.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Im aware of it, but its still funny for me. Its probably because i have never accepted all the marketing bull$#@! that is a part of todays football.
Its also the fact I never saw him doing this kind of $#@! when he was with us. For example Ibra doing this kind of videos is normal, because its part of his personality, but Bonucci? Come on.
He's in Casa Milan now. Time to act like those around him; a piece of crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 302)