Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
So now names are equivalent to trophies?

Keep in mind that the club chose to sell him to a rival. They had no obligation to do so.
I guess you have a point with bonucci. All this hate is based on mere speculation. Hopefully we'll get to know the real truth soon. What's funny is no-one was buying the half time CL story. Everyone were dismissing it and now they are buying it because it consoles them and justifys to them the reason he went there. However, in reality there could have of other reasons at play behind this move.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
I dont care what a player achieved here, if you leave for a direct rival same league in your prime years, you are for sure lesser legend.

What are you guys going to be saying when he lifts the CL with Milan in 2-3-5 time "look at that Juventus legend"?

Just like Zidane is not in the legend section. And neither are guys like Pirlo and Vidal who were maybe more instrumental at least at the beginning in 2011-13 period when we only started to win stuff again.

Chiellini and Barzagli will be Juventus legends.
Agree. Fuck Bonucci. He is an adult who can make choices and chose Milan. Hope he fails there. Hope his kid gets well soon, and when he grows a little, he supports inter with icardi as his idol.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Keep in mind that the club chose to sell him to a rival. They had no obligation to do so.
People here have said that likewise you cant force a move abroad if the player isnt willing.

I hope you dont look at this situation in some Bonucci is the victim - management is the villain view.

Smth major happened that this sale happened in the first place.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This reminds us of baggio - lippi thing and his departure , guess what after that we won ucl :p , If tuz had existed in 1995 probably we would have same reaction , and yes its something normal , but we can forget this very quick believe me , baggio went even at inter for a walk afterwards , but on the end almost everyone remembers baggio for his time as juventus player and I can consider him to be a juventus legend if we refer to him as player , he was brilliant for juve , sure you can't compare it with Alex which is truly a true legend , but he is still a player who marked our history and he spent most of his career in bianconero , at his peak of his powers he was juventino , bonucci even that is great defender for what football have know , is nowhere as "big".as baggio was , so he won't be probably remembered for his incredible defense skills , but he won 6 scudetti with juve in his 7 years here and reached 2 ucl finals , he had his great moments and scored against rivals , I think as long as he doesn't talk bad things or brings hate towards juve should be considered a juventus legend , with time unless he is not winning ucl with milan he will be remembered for his time in juventus and he will remember his time on juventus the most as well , pirlo and baggio are 2 great examples of that , they played for the 3 biggest clubs in Italy but they are respected by all of them , because they didn't talk ugly on former club , or zidane which I haven't heard talking anything wrong about juventus also , as for the money we received , as we look to this football market from today , bonucci sold for 40 million only is a joke even that he is 30, I won't criticise the player or board now , we have to wait and see how the things will continue , in 1 year maybe we will have the answer of how good or bad this move was , as for now it looks terrible , especially considering the sell price , there would be less and less del piero or nedved type of players , marketing and this outrageous tons of money are ruining this game

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Pirlo and Vidal won one or two league titles less but look were we were before we signed them in 2011. I can make as much of case they are Juventus legends. They are not listed in legend section. I dont think a difference of 4 to 6 titles should decide this. But neither Pirlo who i really think should be consider is there and Vidal isnt for certain obvious reasons.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The case of the boniek is a perfect example of what is and what isn't a legend. He wasn't included in the list of legends for our stadium. To be a Juve legend the feeling has to be mutual. I.e club loves you and you love the club.

I think with players there are three stages to retaining a legendary status:
- what they do
- how they leave
- how they act once retired

Bonucci leaving and joining Milan and potentially being captain there just tarnishes the work he did with us. It doesn't remove it but it ruins it, no matter who you try to blame for this situation. When you go to a direct rival like that there has to be a level of acceptance that you're going to offend lots of people and make your past words and actions seem hollow.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
People here have said that likewise you cant force a move abroad if the player isnt willing.

I hope you dont look at this situation in some Bonucci is the victim - management is the villain view.

Smth major happened that this sale happened in the first place.
I don't support Bonucci in any of this. From what I understand he caused a fracture in the locker room w/ teammates and the coach. Inexcusable for someone that is painted as a leader.

The club had to make a choice between Leo and Max and they made the right choice.

The club decided to sell the player. The club chose their buyer. Can't really fault Leo for either of really.

It does bother me that he's going to a domestic rival. But that does not erase what he's done for this club over the last several years.

He is a Juve legend

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I think with players there are three stages to retaining a legendary status:
- what they do
- how they leave
- how they act once retired

Bonucci leaving and joining Milan and potentially being captain there just tarnishes the work he did with us. It doesn't remove it but it ruins it, no matter who you try to blame for this situation. When you go to a direct rival like that there has to be a level of acceptance that you're going to offend lots of people and make your past words and actions seem hollow.
But maybe when he retires we can return his status back to being a legend again.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I don't support Bonucci in any of this. From what I understand he caused a fracture in the locker room w/ teammates and the coach. Inexcusable for someone that is painted as a leader.

The club had to make a choice between Leo and Max and they made the right choice.

The club decided to sell the player. The club chose their buyer. Can't really fault Leo for either of really.

It does bother me that he's going to a domestic rival. But that does not erase what he's done for this club over the last several years.

He is a Juve legend
There are reports that he might become Milan captain (seems kind of ridiculous tbh, how often does a newly arrived player become a captain).

Imagine if he becomes a captain. So a player who was here, then fall out, you almost start to feel like he planned his own departure cause Milan offered double wages and captaincy.

If Bonucci becomes Milan captain he is no legend of Juve in my book. Thats like us making Pirlo the captain after DP retired in 2012.

Who knows, if he has a terrible time at Milan for some reason and doesnt win s--t, i could long term view that we benefited by selling him before he went past his prime. But right now, we are talking here about a player who is prime years. And i have concerns moving forward cause Bonucci was the link up between the old guard Chiellini/Barzagli and the new gen Rugani/Caldara. Barzagli is supposed to end after WC. So thats one less option.

We could have seen a Rugani-BonBon-Caldara back 3 potentially in the 2019-20 time.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
There are reports that he might become Milan captain (seems kind of ridiculous tbh, how often does a newly arrived player become a captain).

Imagine if he becomes a captain. So a player who was here, then fall out, you almost start to feel like he planned his own departure cause Milan offered double wages and captaincy.

If Bonucci becomes Milan captain he is no legend of Juve in my book. Thats like us making Pirlo the captain after DP retired in 2012.

Who knows, if he has a terrible time at Milan for some reason and doesnt win s--t, i could long term view that we benefited by selling him before he went past his prime. But right now, we are talking here about a player who is prime years. And i have concerns moving forward cause Bonucci was the link up between the old guard Chiellini/Barzagli and the new gen Rugani/Caldara. Barzagli is supposed to end after WC. So thats one less option.

We could have seen a Rugani-BonBon-Caldara back 3 potentially in the 2019-20 time.
Perhaps he did plan his own departure well in advance. But that still doesn't explain why the club CHOSE Milan.

This entire scenario sucks. He can go on to captain Milan. It still won't make his contributions to our club less valuable.

I, like many others have moved on. But won't forget his significance.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
It's gonna seem unreal seeing him in that disgusting shirt. Most of all when he argues and acts cocky with our player on the pitch and not in some supposed dressing room. It's gonna be hard to like him in any shape and form. When we got rid of inzaghi it was no different. It's difficult to like your ex players when they playing for your rivals and they are in their prime. With bonucci's personality, it's going to be a lot worse.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I dont care what a player achieved here, if you leave for a direct rival same league in your prime years, you are for sure lesser legend.

What are you guys going to be saying when he lifts the CL with Milan in 2-3-5 time "look at that Juventus legend"?

Just like Zidane is not in the legend section. And neither are guys like Pirlo and Vidal who were maybe more instrumental at least at the beginning in 2011-13 period when we only started our winning cicle, while Bonucci was having his brainfarts then as a young defender who needed to be babysit by Barzagli and Chiellini. Id argue about Pirlo to actually be in the legend section, but he is more of italian football legend/icon. Vidal gets drunk and leaves on his prime years 28-29.

Chiellini and Barzagli will be Juventus legends. We made Bonucci into a top 5 defender in the world at current state, but a player who leaves absolutely on his prime is no legend in my book. Especially in these circumstances where he loses the dressing room over some tantrum wtf crap and cant apologize and find a solution what would benefit both sides.
Bingo

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you have a point with bonucci. All this hate is based on mere speculation. Hopefully we'll get to know the real truth soon. What's funny is no-one was buying the half time CL story. Everyone were dismissing it and now they are buying it because it consoles them and justifys to them the reason he went there. However, in reality there could have of other reasons at play behind this move.

Consolation?.

Dude, the guy just joined a hated rival. A man who was destined to legend status here and was a vicecaptain. Also loved by fans.

You must be naive to think this transfer is a casual incident.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
It's gonna seem unreal seeing him in that disgusting shirt. Most of all when he argues and acts $#@!y with our player on the pitch and not in some supposed dressing room. It's gonna be hard to like him in any shape and form. When we got rid of inzaghi it was no different. It's difficult to like your ex players when they playing for your rivals and they are in their prime. With bonucci's personality, it's going to be a lot worse.

Luckily i dont watch any other italian club games apart when they face Juve.

I think we can also see a very interesting reaction in the Juve-Milan games. I wonder if it will be Chiellini-Zlatan type incident filled:

Also what will be the crowd reaction, will they boo him 90 minutes.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Bingo

- - - Updated - - -

Consolation?.

Dude, the guy just joined a hated rival. A man who was destined to legend status here and was a vicecaptain. Also loved by fans.

You must be naive to think this transfer is a casual incident.
Some have it he wanted to stay in Italy. His wife gets claustrophobia when she leaves the country. So what if it was just family reasons and the fact he didn't get on with Allegri. Like the guy supposedly said it's me or him. The half time story? We don't know if it's even fucking true. It's difficult to tell because it was our last game if the season while the other alterations happened much earlier and the repercussions solidified it. Not saying it isn't but comeon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)