Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17,847
    I don't think that's the case, it didn't have to be anyone. Just circumstances, not a financial necessity. It might seem like it but there's no way Bonucci would have been in the top 5 players we'd be looking at selling if it was a financial consideration. Something has happened and that's it.
    We're not capable of holding our best players and that's why we sold Vidal and Pogba. Maybe Pogba is a better example. But Bonucci now left too. It's just a tradition at this point and I expect us to sell Sandro sooner or later. There's just no way he'll stay here for 5+ years. It will be a huge sum of money but imo we stand no chance to keep him til his 30s here. 1-2 seasons and he's gone surely. Bet on that :p

Lemon318

Il Marrone Juventino
    May 1, 2012
    Del Piero: I did not expect it. At first I thought it was a joke :)D) but when it became clear I was shocked to see it happen. (among the lines)

- - - Updated - - -

EXACTLY! lol, how pathetic it is to leave from such a club to a 7th place Milan...
    Pirlo did it. Different circumstances but same gap in quality at the time.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Ok, so I just now got to this thread, and I am seeing a lot of negative comments here.

Did something happen between now and last night in regards to Bonucci's reaction towards going to Milan? What I mean is, did he say or do something last night?

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
    Mar 28, 2006
    Now that the initial shock has settled, I think that the Vidal sale hurt me a lot more.

Bonucci in a fine defender with an awesome passing skill. In a 3 man defence he is awesome. In a 2 man defence not so much.

Sentimentally though, it hurts a bit as he was here from the beginning of our resurrection. He even was our 4th captain.

But there is no place for cowboys in this club. If everything said about the final is true, you just can't pretend everything is fine after this.. we forgave him just 3 months ago, considered the Palermo incident done and offered him a new contact.. 2nd time in 3 months, sorry man.

I won't say good riddance and stuff like this. But it was just what had to be done. We are a team above all. Incidents like the ones with Tiago cant be tolerated any more. I am actually glad Agnieli runs the club like he should..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I hope to good BonBon turns in to the clown defender he was before Allegri came here. I can see it happening to.
    I'd be surprised to see him being the same defender he was at Juve, at least for a while. He was part of a group and took time to settle. The way he plays is bold but risky and it needs others to understand his positioning. Milan are throwing a bunch of players together and it'll take some time.

On a personal level I hope we embarrass him terribly. If he gets isolated it's often a problem.

Aug 12, 2015
    Unbelievable, Bonucci signs for Milan. Puuuuhhh not easy to swallow.

I´m little bit confused, it was reported that the other veterans asked the club to get rid of him, but the other veterans are Buffon, Chiellini and Barza and I thought they were Union, Friends and than this happened. It´s strange.

May 22, 2007
    Why does it matter if other clubs would have jumped for 40mln euros? He would just reject their contracts and still pick Milan, if his desire is to stay in Italy, which it apparently is.

As for your last part: we proved over the years that we sell our key players. I don't know what surprises you. We gave away Tevez. We sold Vidal for peantus. We made Morata a desirable player and let him go. We sold Pogba (but at least he went for a decent amount).

I was expecting us to sell Sandro. But it was Bonucci. It had to be someone.
    Then he can live with that decision to reject other clubs and stay at Juventus, the club he committed to till 2021? He does owe his career to the club, nowhere else would he have found such stability.

I know that isn't Juve's style by the way. I find the policy strange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)