• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
icemaη;5566077 said:
People casually tend to forget that he's our only CB who has been available for selection for almost every game in the past 6 years. He's missed only 8 games (according to transfermarkt, seems about right) in the past 6 years. Rugani missed 11 last season. I don't even need to talk about the other CBs whose injury histories are pages long. But no, he's no big loss :howler:

If the management and he's having issues that can't be resolved, it's best for both to part ways. Especially with someone as emotionally involved as Bonucci. Just don't make it seem like he's a nobody to this team.
:tup: but we are well covered injuries permitting. Next year Rugani-Caldara will be the starting pair.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
There is something we don't know about here. This is such a left field transfer. I was 50% sure he would stay....but if you asked anyone he would go to Milan, the probability would be less than 1%.

I can't help but think he doesn't get along with Allegri or something. Doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would go to Milan for a "new challenge" when he can keep winning here.

The thing that annoys me the most is the transfer fee. Part of me doesn't mind him going to Milan because I still don't view them as being serious contenders to win the title - rather than going to a Real Madrid where we would be strengthening a real competitor for a trophy we really want.

He is still only 30 which is not old for a central defender - look at Barzagli. He will play at a very high level for another 5 years at least. And we look like we would get sub 40m for him when his real price should be well north of 50m. I could see Chelsea paying 60.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
there is no way I will believe 150km in 2017 for football player is a gap that he can't cover (presuming Turin doesn't have good enough hospitals and his kid must reside in Milan). Turin is a modern city, don't believe
No no, the reason why he wants to stay in Italy and dont want to go to UK. Its his familiy, not just his wife. Think he just want to stay there also because of the kids.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I don't like the trend this club is taking on.

Constant unstable teams, key starting players leaving the club (Alves, bonucci, Vidal not to mention Conte's circus) and I know some smart ass will lecture me on each of these cases and why they left but there is definitely a certain trend here, if you don't see it then your simply delusional.

Been following this club since 1994 and I don't remember we ever had such unstableness (bar calciopoli period). And I know that since we're winning titles every season people don't care much but we hardly had any serious competition domestically but now things are changing.

What I really hate about this management is that they don't care if they sold The best defender in serie A to a rival club and if The figures are true (30-40 mil range) yet we had a much bigger offer last summer from a foreign club then they're completely gone mad.

Mar 30, 2006
Let's not forget that Rugani was awful this summer playing for NT U21, especially that performance vs Czech Republic.
Lets not forget who coaches the under 21 team and has no idea what he is doing

- - - Updated - - -

The switch to a 4 man defence also allows us to handle Bonucci's exit. We no longer need to start 3 centerbacks so why do we need to have 5 great CB? If we are only playing 2 man CB pairing we can get by with Chiellini, Barzagli, Benatia and Rugani. I think there is a reason we signed Benatia on such a high salary. He is going to be a leader.

We just need to make a good RB signing and a good CM signing. I thinka good CM will do a lot more for our defence than bonucci would. For example if we have Chiellini and Benatia/Rugani protected by Matic or N'Zonzi I think it will be a better defence than Chiellini-Bonucci protected by Khedira

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
May whole point was that the blame most likely lies with a few parties, including of course Beppe.

Though if Bonucci really didn't want to leave Italy I'm not that sure what he could've done.
Like Alves wanted to reunite with Pep and ended up in PSG; Tevez was homesick and didn't want to play abroad and ended up in China :lol:

In the end, what you can't buy with money, you can buy with a lot of money and EPL clubs have a lot of it. If we weren't a charity we would have got at least 60, maybe 70m.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I am unsure if this has been posted but apparently management decided to get rid of Alves and Bonucci after the CL final due to the following reasons at half time:

-During halftime Alves got pissed at Dybala for getting depressed after the yellow and playing like a lighthearted pussy

-Allegri defended Dybala and told Dani to relax

-Bonucci shared the opinion of Alves and doubled down on The criticism of Dybala after Allegri had tried to calm Alves down

-Barzagli comes into the picture and tries to bring peace amongst the team locker room

-Bonucci gets trigered and lashes out at Barzagli, tells him to mind his own damn business and to worry about Marcelo whom he has been losing the whole first half

-Barzagli fired back and told him the first goal was his fault and the two almost come to blows, Allegri again having to intervene

-the team comes out to play a soulless second half

-after the match the Juventus board decides that both Alves and Bonucci need to go as Alves was only a temporary solution anyways and Bonucci had disrespected Juventus for the millionth time since Allegri's arrival

-Bonucci's wife absolutely does not want to leave Italy so there is no interest from outside of Italy for that reason

I must say, doesn't seem like a very far fetched of a theory.
source?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 459)