Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
I could understand someone with, I dunno, seniority (or even just a top performer for us) chastising Sorensen. A Buffon, a Del Piero, a Chiellini, that sort. Fucking Bonucci? That's a laugh.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He was quite a bit better than last week. Unfortunately, he didn't bury that wide open header. Second time in two weeks that a golden opportunity has fallen to him, and he heads it straight at the keeper.

I could understand someone with, I dunno, seniority (or even just a top performer for us) chastising Sorensen. A Buffon, a Del Piero, a Chiellini, that sort. Fucking Bonucci? That's a laugh.
Chiello and DP aren't there though, buddy. Naturally Buffon would be the one you'd want to do that, but he's kind of working through his own little situation right now. Plus, 'Nooch was right there.

I didn't have a problem with Bonucci's reaction. Our back line needs to demonstrate more passion, more leadership, which includes making sure the youngster understands that he can't be pulling that bullshit. He made a poor challenge and then compounded the mistake and it just isn't acceptable. Accountability is absolutely crucial at the back, and with our parade of fullback clowns the past few years, we've been sorely lacking in that regard.

Physical mistakes are one thing, but silly mental mistakes like that just cannot pass. Sorenson's a quality young player, I'm sure he'll learn from the situation.

It's not some personal attack, and at least Bonucci is trying to fill a pretty huge leadership void back there. Somebody definitely needed to get in Sorenson's face after that ridiculousness, to help snap his head into the game. Our season was on the line, and he needed to be reminded of that.

Bonucci has struggled at times, but he is going to be a pretty good player. Seeing him fired up like that bodes well for his development - he's looking for progress, and he wants to take on more responsibility. I like it.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I agree, it's a little funny.
Whether you found it funny or not, did you like it? Did you dislike it?

I fucking loved seeing one of our defenders actually looking like they gave a damn. We make tons of mistakes back there, and people just hang their heads or look to the sky in search of answers. Nobody chews anybody out - and that needs to happen. Accountability is necessary.

It's fucking crucial that SOMEBODY back there takes some initiative in the leadership department, and I was happy to see that it was a guy who we've made a significant commitment to. It obviously isn't going to be Barzagli or Grosso. Or Grygera, or Traore, or De Ceglie.

What I thought was funny about the situation was how Melo came over and was screaming at Sorenson for his mental lapse.

Now THAT is funny - not that I had a problem with it.

Melo has been our most consistent performer this year.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
His preformance was nice , i really like his preformance wich he made .

But it was stiupid to try to "kick" Sorensen , he is only 18 . He should think ! Did any of our players try kick him when he scored own goal ??!!

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010

But it was stiupid to try to "kick" Sorensen , he is only 18 . He should think ! Did any of our players try kick him when he scored own goal ??!!
that was exactly what i meant kick motta next time

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Why does nobody slap Motta or Grygera around when they fuck up?
When they make mental mistakes, or have issues with discipline, somebody damn well should! I think that's been one of the things that our defense has been sorely lacking - for years! Very little leadership.

I'm not sure what the 'kick' part means Albo. Do you mean yelling at him? I didn't see a 'kick' but I watch the games on tiny streams.

Bonucci's mistake was unlucky, and more of a physical mistake. After something like that happens, it makes no sense to come down hard on a teammate, yell at them, embarass them - they know they made a mistake, it's on the scoreboard, and really laying into them can fuck with confidence and morale.

But after a mental mistake like Sorenson made, in a must win game, somebody needs to send a strong message that it can't happen again. The guy just turned 19, he needs direction. Going toe to toe, and getting in the face of the official after a very clumsy, obvious foul, is totally unacceptable.

For me, it's about tough love.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
When they make mental mistakes, or have issues with discipline, somebody damn well should! I think that's been one of the things that our defense has been sorely lacking - for years! Very little leadership.

I'm not sure what the 'kick' part means Albo. Do you mean yelling at him? I didn't see a 'kick' but I watch the games on tiny streams.

Bonucci's mistake was unlucky, and more of a physical mistake. After something like that happens, it makes no sense to come down hard on a teammate, yell at them, embarass them - they know they made a mistake, it's on the scoreboard, and really laying into them can fuck with confidence and morale.

But after a mental mistake like Sorenson made, in a must win game, somebody needs to send a strong message that it can't happen again. The guy just turned 19, he needs direction. Going toe to toe, and getting in the face of the official after a very clumsy, obvious foul, is totally unacceptable.

For me, it's about tough love.
Sory my english is awful , but only word i found to describe bonucci's action is "try to kick" , but Aquaman stopped him .

Sorensen it's to youg man he just turned 19 , thouse kind of actions can have bad impact in Sorensen , he can loose his self confidence.
I know it was immportant game but , he could have explained him without that kind of agresivity .

If Del Piero,Buffon,Chiellini do something like that , like adriano_c saied , mabe i would try to understand !
But Bonucci it's to young for this kind of thigs , also he also made some mistaked this year but none was so agresive with him .

I hope it was only that moment , becuase we needed to win that match .

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Sory my english is awful , but only word i found to describe bonucci's action is "try to kick" , but Aquaman stopped him .

Sorensen it's to youg man he just turned 19 , thouse kind of actions can have bad impact in Sorensen , he can loose his self confidence.
I know it was immportant game but , he could have explained him without that kind of agresivity .

If Del Piero,Buffon,Chiellini do something like that , like adriano_c saied , mabe i would try to understand !
But Bonucci it's to young for this kind of thigs , also he also made some mistaked this year but none was so agresive with him .

I hope it was only that moment , becuase we needed to win that match .
Your English isn't that bad, buddy, and posting on these forums is a good way to improve it. :D

I guess we just disagree on Bonucci's actions, which is fair - to each his own. Whether his aggression was over the top, well, I didn't think it was at the time.

Sorenson's mistake didn't cost the team, so I don't think he would lose confidence in this particular instance. I think this was the perfect type of situation for some strong words; Sorenson needed to refocus, before another lapse in focus really cost us on the field.

I also think that if someone is going to play for Juventus, they've got to be a strong man - mentally tough. There's no time for excessive coddling, no place for kiddy gloves. The sooner Sorenson learns his lessons, the better off he and this team will be.

I really like the kid, and could see him playing at Juve for a long time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)