Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Come @Ocelot, point out my double standards. See how I underrate everything Juve related after reading this post. Remeber this is Bonucci and me we're talking about.
Nah, no double standards here :D

I mean technically the statement isn't that far off, imo, a concentrated Bonucci is a top class defender. The only problem is, and that's why this point is pretty much moot, that I've yet to see a concentrated Bonucci for more than three matches in a row. And that's the absolute maximum.

Though in general you (and others, I don't really wanna make it personal) got a tendency to underrate Juve and overrate others imo :p - mostly in response to blind fanboyism, which makes it somewhat understandable, but still.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Nah, no double standards here :D

I mean technically the statement isn't that far off, imo, a concentrated Bonucci is a top class defender. The only problem is, and that's why this point is pretty much moot, that I've yet to see a concentrated Bonucci for more than three matches in a row. And that's the absolute maximum.

Though in general you (and others, I don't really wanna make it personal) got a tendency to underrate Juve and overrate others imo :p - mostly in response to blind fanboyism, which makes it somewhat understandable, but still.
I won't be underrating our defenders or overrating Ramos if I say that I'd swap all of our current defenders for the Spaniard, but that's just me.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Thanks. :delpiero:

Come @Ocelot, point out my double standards. See how I underrate everything Juve related after reading this post. Remeber this is Bonucci and me we're talking about.
Yes but everybody knows you are rating Bonucci based on you looking so alike, its like you are The Bonucci's Malteese cousin.

I'm rating him on what he does on the field.

Bonucci not beeing concentrated 3 games in a row ? We never play 3 prior games in a row. He tends to fuck up once or twice per game if its not

- - - Updated - - -

And that's where we differ :D

Ramos is better than our defenders (bar a fit Barzagli), but not by that much.

Concentrated Bonucci, and not fucking up in prior games chiellini, are easely better.

Chiellini having a killer game, is tree times the defender Ramos ever was. Sadly he has less and less killer games as he ages

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Yes but everybody knows you are rating Bonucci based on you looking so alike, its like you are The Bonucci's Malteese cousin.

I'm rating him on what he does on the field.

Bonucci not beeing concentrated 3 games in a row ? We never play 3 prior games in a row. He tends to fuck up once or twice per game if its not
I can't take you seriously on any subject after that.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Bonucci on his worst day and fortunately he's been having these less and less as he matures, is better defender than Spaniard. It's not even a fair comparision. Ramos can only be compared to scrubs like Astori, Gamberini, Massielo. Truth to be told I'd probably take all these ahead of him. As a CB he's been nothng short of abymal. As a FB though, while he was consistently used at that spot, looked more than decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Add Ranocchia to that list as well, defenders that shit all over Ramos.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Bon has incrementally improved in the last years. When Hummels roughed him up (not intentionally ofc) I was really scared that he would have to come off. While Bon has incrementally improved Chiellini has incrementally deteriorated and is a little here and little bit there in his positioning. Typically like when Reus scores - sure he trips by accident, but wtf is he doing over there to begin with? Caceres has also improved a lot but can like Chiellini be a little bit here and a little bit there on the pitch, and Ogbonna, well... so besides Barza Bonucci is the one most consistent and, foremost, the one who holds his position and seems to keep sh*t together. Caceres playing next to Bon I have no problems with since I really like Caceres, but we can't have two CBs running all over the place. Well, that was what freaked me out a bit there, fortunately Bon made it through!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 466)