• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Bonucci isn't perfect, but I think he gets a lot of unnecessary slack. He's used as a scapegoat at many times.
Hardly a scapegoat, a defender that makes atleast a couple of deadly errors almost every game in a big club like Juve deserves faaar worse criticism than that.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Bonucci has been with consistency the weakest link of first eleven and because of his playing position, his errors cost us goals/points/matches/titles.
We are a competitive team that cannot afford to waste around crucial matches, so that mediocre players earn more experience.
So, the criticism on him is present for a very very valid reason.
Besides he is not a youngster anymore, he was suppossed to be ready since the day we took him, let alone after all those years.

To gice credit,where credit is due though, last match, he has performed one of the best moments of his entire carrier!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
A valid reason, is simply valid and can be put in doubt in the shadow of smth with greater/similar significance, ex one CB cant tackle, but can pass a little better than one other.
A very valid reason, is smth of crucial importance, that cannot be put in doubt, ex comitting a brain fart, that leads to conceding a goal in a very tight match and as a result leads to disqualification/loss of titles.
A very very valid reason, is just a typo:evil:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
No, we need him for depth anyway.
If we sell him, MArotta will not get a decent price for him and we will lose moeny.
Eventually we will need more depth and MArotta will overpay for a new squad player, resulting us losing even more money...
And its the worst moment to sell Bonucci, as he will soon reach his potential at the age the CBs bloom.
The optimal option would be for him, to play Ogbonna role at the bench, untill the moment he becomes of age, be used as a starter vs the lesser serie A teams, that dont put the pressure on the defense and have an experienced and proven CB as a starter for the important matches! A Lucio/Samuel/Vidic at his 32-34.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #9,534
    If we change to 4 man defense I'm afraid we'll just place either Chiellini or Asamoah (or even Ogbonna) on the left side, which will make our CB duo consist of Bonucci- Barzagli. Ranocchia as a back up.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    If we sell him, MArotta will not get a decent price for him and we will lose moeny.
    Eventually we will need more depth and MArotta will overpay for a new squad player, resulting us losing even more money...
    And its the worst moment to sell Bonucci, as he will soon reach his potential at the age the CBs bloom.
    The optimal option would be for him, to play Ogbonna role at the bench, untill the moment he becomes of age, be used as a starter vs the lesser serie A teams, that dont put the pressure on the defense and have an experienced and proven CB as a starter for the important matches! A Lucio/Samuel/Vidic at his 32-34.
    Ok maybe i asked the wrong question, as he will be useful as a becnh player. The question would be, right now, who can we sign to get the starting spot from Bonuci?.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    I'd only sell him if a good offer comes by, but he could to be a good depth. If he doesn't improve the known issues that will certainly be his role, because a team that aspires for highest European achievement cannot have that kind of liability as a starting option in the middle of defense, but as a backup I wouldn't have any problem with. That is assuming he doesn't improve his game in the forthcoming period. I still hope that he overcomes those obstacles and he has rather good guidance. Some lessons he must have learned.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    By this time he should already be near to his peak, if not at his peak. I know the motto about defenders needing more time to develop etc, but bonuccis flaws go way wayyy beyond that. Everyone can see that he just doesnt cut it

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    That's the thing about defenders, they tend to have late peak, some of them at least, so discarding him for bargain at this point might not be a good move. I agree that some of his deficiencies are not to be overlooked, and those might be permanent, but I repeat as a backup, if he's willing to accept that role, he's suitable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)