Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #847
    I think he's doing very good so far and I can't understand why Italian papers rate him much, much lower than Chiellini. Actually, according to them he's our second worst defender so far.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    He has made some mistakes, but he's doing okay.

He still needs to do a lot of work on his defending if he is to become a top CB.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #849
    He did make mistakes but he's far from being our bottom defender.

IMO he's second, Chiellini is the only one doing better. And I think that partnership is great, and it's going to be even better next season.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    It's certainly a partnership that has a lot of potential.

Bonucci's composure and passing ability provides a good balance to Chiellini's no-nonsense approach.

The main thing Bonucci needs to improve on is his ability to deal with players running at him.

Just now, he gets square to the man (when he should be side on), which means he is fucked if the forwards knocks the ball past him, because he has no chance to keep up due to his body being in the wrong position to start running.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    I don't know if I have higher expectations from our defenders but I thought he was very average tonight. I hate his passing and so called long balls, constantly wasting possession when we are under pressure because hes trying to find Pepe or whoever with a long ball. And Chiellini always had to cover for him as he was out of position.

I know hes young but he needs a lot of work imo, because if he stays like this then he will be just another Legro only with stupider face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 801)