Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If i were the enemy, i would also let chiello go forward instead of let bonbon do a pass.

Chiellini not only is kinda clumsy going forward... but by letting him go on, you not only gain the possibility of him losing the ball, but you have one less defender to worry about in the counter attack (and being chiellini the one caught up mispositioned is a BIG plus).

Bonucci on the oter hand dont have to leave his position to be on the offensive.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Coaches, while not marking Bonucci, have been making more of an effort to close him down recently.

They've been choosing to allow Chiellini a lot of space to carry the ball forward into instead, as that is being viewed as a safer option than allowing Bonucci time on the ball to pick a pass.

Not entirely sure what I'd do in that regard if I was coaching against Juve.
nothing you can do, you just take the defeat up the ass and accept Conte outsmarted you :D

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Coaches, while not marking Bonucci, have been making more of an effort to close him down recently.

They've been choosing to allow Chiellini a lot of space to carry the ball forward into instead, as that is being viewed as a safer option than allowing Bonucci time on the ball to pick a pass.

Not entirely sure what I'd do in that regard if I was coaching against Juve.
Exactly what my point was. Bonucci is being noticed by the enemy's coaches. He is being recognized as a threat and the opposition do pay attention to him during games. I think that's why Conte's 3-5-2 is working quite good. With a player like Bonucci he (in a way) solved one of the main problems in the 3-5-2 formation, the extra, unnecessary CB/libero when the opposition team plays with one attacker.

Now, regardless of the formation the other team chooses, the libero/Bonucci has his role in the team and duties to perform.

If i were the enemy, i would also let chiello go forward instead of let bonbon do a pass.

Chiellini not only is kinda clumsy going forward... but by letting him go on, you not only gain the possibility of him losing the ball, but you have one less defender to worry about in the counter attack (and being chiellini the one caught up mispositioned is a BIG plus).

Bonucci on the oter hand dont have to leave his position to be on the offensive.
And this is exactly where Conte needs to focus his attention at. Instruct Chiellini how to play with the ball once he crosses the center. Tell him not to try any fancy passing, to keep it simple, not to rush and to take his time to make a decision.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
And this is exactly where Conte needs to focus his attention at. Instruct Chiellini how to play with the ball once he crosses the center. Tell him not to try any fancy passing, to keep it simple, not to rush and to take his time to make a decision.
I'd primarily look for his run to draw a player away from Pirlo, so the ball can then be worked from Chiellini to Pirlo in some fashion.

If the opposition is focused on denying Pirlo and Bonucci time on the ball, there may be an option to overload the left side - with Chiellini moving forward, Asamoah there, Marchisio and/or one of the forwards there, too - to see if Juve can't get an extra man in the area of the pitch and work something down that flank.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I never felt safe whenever he had the ball tonight.
Me neither. His positioning and defensive work was OK-ish, but definitely not reliable. What made his performance a "disaster" was all of that in combination with his passing. It was shockingly poor. Passing straight to opposition players for no reason etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 490)