Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Bonucci, this season (so far) is with consistency our worst performer (again).
The most common issue for conceding goals from mistakes.
A liability, a destabilising factor, the most faulty piece in our mechanism, the component that draw us back the most.
I dont think that anyone hate him personally, merely the fact that such a weak player is our starter.
that coming from the guy who today blamed bonucci for the goal against us, even though bonucci did not even play :p

did work out great, having marrone instead of bonucci right ? i mean there were so few clear goal scoring opportunities for siena right ?
i know you had a bad stream so you probably did not see, but there were a few very clear chances for siena where they could have scored easily (if not for their own lack of technique/skill), so there goes your argument about being worse with bonucci

We hate his poor performances, his inabilities (ex he is a CB that cannot perform a sliding tackle) and the fact that he is a liability.
if you had watched football the last ten years or so or even had something that can be remotely called footballing knowledge you would know, that the modern defenders all get told not to go into the sliding tackle, because you are dead if you miss and the opponent is free on goal.

you seem to play very old versions of football manager, if you do not know that and still are the greatest sporting director (as you praise yourself in marottas thread) on your greek commodore c64.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yet again his shitty defending and his poor long balls almost cost us points. Oh, wait..
Did you see Cronios try to blame him in the Live Match thread? :rofl: summed up everything about him as a poster.

- - - Updated - - -

that coming from the guy who today blamed bonucci for the goal against us, even though bonucci did not even play :p

did work out great, having marrone instead of bonucci right ? i mean there were so few clear goal scoring opportunities for siena right ?
i know you had a bad stream so you probably did not see, but there were a few very clear chances for siena where they could have scored easily (if not for their own lack of technique/skill), so there goes your argument about being worse with bonucci

if you had watched football the last ten years or so or even had something that can be remotely called footballing knowledge you would know, that the modern defenders all get told not to go into the sliding tackle, because you are dead if you miss and the opponent is free on goal.

you seem to play very old versions of football manager, if you do not know that and still are the greatest sporting director (as you praise yourself in marottas thread) on your greek commodore c64.
:lol:

Legitimately made me LOL.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Did you see Cronios try to blame him in the Live Match thread? :rofl: summed up everything about him as a poster.
Yep. That was the highlight of the game for me :D He then proceeded to tell us how all our defence is bad, therefore contradicting himself when he said that Bonucci is our worst defender and we only conceede because of him. Ah, history..

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

Marrone is not a defender, neither Asamoah, it is not their fault we do not have other options and we play them out of position.
We could afford a proper defender and we should get one, a non free one...
It would be a waste of a promising midfielder to make him into a CB IMO, i never said playing him instead, on the contrary, playing him reveals our weakness, just like Italy did with De Rossi...

Personally, i dont even consider Caceres able to play as CB.
Lucio was supposed to be there instead. But he doesnt seem to be in great form, was that the reason he was free? i wonder...
We did not buy a proper CB in order to buy more CMs and SSs and to keep Bonucci as a starter, every CB at Asamoah, Isla, Giovinco level, could throw Bonucci on the bench.

Besides, after Bonucci our worst defender is DC and he was very bad in that game, defensive wise, yet another player we are sacrificing in the long run, in order to get more CMs and SSs, in each and every year...
Even a CM is a better LWB, heck even LB option, than the one we have, again Marotta has failed to stregthen a long lasting issue.
Since the day he joined us, we needed a CB and a LB. He fixed everything but the LB and you know why? because there are no Italian options for that...

Good defenders, should be capable to do a sliding tackle, of course not to abuse them, but when it is necessary to perform one, they should know how to do it, Bonucci simply does not know... he doesnt have that tactical option, he is that limited, of course he is clumsy enough, that he should rather not attempt one.
But this is not an excuse, this is how you make the difference between a good defender and a poor one.
The defender who has the balls and the skills to perform a sliding tackle, is a skilled one, the defender who doesnt is average at best, the defender who doesnt know how to perform one, is not even a defender...at least in my books.
Anyways this is not Bonucci's only inability, i wish it was just that, his man marking skills, positioning, offside trap etc are not any greater either...

Maybe we should start using Bonucci as CF, he is tall, he could be usefull as a targetman...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 293)