• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
what does this letter actually mean? Damn I want this guy to play for us next season, really like his spirit.
It means that the courts in Bari listened to Bonucci's statement and decided that he told the truth and wouldn't be accused. So one court says he's innocent but the league doesn't. :sigh:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Yes, as we still insist on Italians only, better him than Boccheti or Astori...
Cron, give it up man. First of all, we haven't purchased anyone yet. Beyond that, other than Masi, who wasn't exactly pricey, the last defenders we brought in were Licht, Caceres, Lucio, not to mention we picked up a chilean wing back, and may be purchasing a Columbian wing back shortly. Oh, and FYI - in case you forgot - the Italian trio of CBs we currently have (and will continue to have after Nooch is cleared of those BS charges), had the best defensive record in Europe last season, and led Italy to the Euro final.

Enough with the nonsense already.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Cron, give it up man. First of all, we haven't purchased anyone yet. Beyond that, other than Masi, who wasn't exactly pricey, the last defenders we brought in were Licht, Caceres, Lucio, not to mention we picked up a chilean wing back, and may be purchasing a Columbian wing back shortly. Oh, and FYI - in case you forgot - the Italian trio of CBs we currently have (and will continue to have after Nooch is cleared of those BS charges), had the best defensive record in Europe last season, and led Italy to the Euro final.

:lol2:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont care about the records, i ve seen the games, i ve missed at max 4-5 games and i have seen how weak our defense was at times, mostly because of Bonucci.
I have explained in great detail how our midfield helped our defense have good results and how this has nothing to do with the individual quality of some defenders like Bonucci.
So this generalisation is unvalid and says nothing if you have bothered to watch the games, statistics dont tackle or mark, defenders do, Astori, Boccheti
and early Bonucci were bad on that.
If they were at Chiellini or Barzagli level, noone would bother about their nationality.

But unfortunately they are not! And this were nationality comes in play, because their mediocrity is tolerated, ONLY because of their nationality.
If you watched closely Italy in Euro, you would observe that there was a huge defender crisis this year.
Injuries and lack of talent forced the NT to choose a CM to play in an urgent CB role?
What does this tells you???
For the ones who actually follow Italian football and NT, it is obvious, the biggest lacks of Italian talents, in the defense, of the last decades!!

This is a fact and its the Euro 2012 that actually verifies it without doubt, if Astori or Boccheti were NT level, or Juve material for the same matter, they would be chosen instead of wasting one of the best CMs...

The results can be deceiving if you go past what really happened on the field.
The point is though that both Juve and the NT, have a great midfield, the controls the game and keeps possession, so that the opposition has lower attacking chances.
This masks the defensive issues, when faced with a superior midfield, in the final and without the best two pieces masking the true quality of Bonucci and co, the true quality of the defense was exposed and it never stopped conceding...

Now, it is on our interest to become as better as we can, we dont want only our issues to be masked, but to be removed.
We need to treat the cause, not just the symptoms, in order to be as strong and as healthy as we can.
The most efficient way to do that, is by upgrading the weakest link, not just fine tuning what already is working.
Conte's brilliance masked our defensive issues, that was a priority and he did great, actually nearly perfect with the material at hand, but we can make the appropriate upgrades and perma fixes, real fixes, so we can face any foe and never crumble!

Bonucci is likely to get a big ban, we are looking for a CB because of that and we are not looking to the right place.
Could be media BS of course, hopefully they are, but this has been our transfer strategy for 6 years and it is not unwise to be warry about it...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It was not Italy's defense who have won the games though, it was the midfield and super Mario, when Italy faced a better midfield and the defense was needed, it collapsed, another example of selectively ignoring the facts...

With the same reasoning, we had great results in the attack = Borriello is a top class finisher...
You don't care about the facts?

That's odd.
on the contrary, i never ignore the facts, but collective records alone are not enough, actually they are dangerous because they are misleading when they are used to draw conclusion for individual performance.

When you see the game live and see Bonucci losing his man, isnt this a fact? do the collective numbers show that?
Isnt it more important than some random numbers who only partially indicate what actually happened??

The defensive record is only reliable for what it stands for, the collective end result of our whole team, not the individual quality of our weakest links!
It is misleading to only consider some numbers and ignore the rest of the FACTS!
It is misleading to make conclusions about the individual quality of some players, by the statistics of the team.

So this is why some numbers out of context tell me nothing, as i was actually there every time our defense suffered, sweating every time Bonucci was trying to intercept someone, seeing him failing again and again for the past two seasons.

I am not a random fan, who only red about the good collective resluts of a team and only assumed that this is due to the individual quality of some certain players. This is too vague to be considered a fact...

Let me ask you a more ralative number, how many times have you seen Bonucci performing a succesful sliding tackle??

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Again, Cronios, you do not know what the term "FACT" means.

Whether or not Bonucci plays/played good is an OPINION.
Us having one of the best defenses in Europe last season is a FACT.
Saying that Bonucci is/was the weakest link in that defense is an OPINION.
Saying that we always prefer to sign Italian players is an OPINION. *
Saying that we won the title with a team consisting mostly of Italian players is a FACT.

* Actually, this one is close to being a lie, but ok.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So will you now admit that youre wrong about us only signing Italian players?
It unfortunately is not up to me! Regardless of what i admit, for 6 years were were only investing on Italian defenders for nationalistic reasons.
I criticised that, not because o dont like Italians, but because i dont like mediocre and bad players.
I wouldnt bother having 22 Italian players, if our starters were at Zambro, Canna, Nesta, Maldini level.
It only becomes a problem when we have weaklings as Molinaro, Motta, Grosso, Legro and early Bonucci, ONLY because they are Italians and NOT because they are good enough to wear our starter jersey!

So this is what a criticise, i dont want weaklings, regardless of their nationality.
Generally we dont tolerate weaklings, unless they are Italian. So when we are flirting with an Italian weakling, i naturally worry more about it.
I ve seen the favor those weakling can get and how much this favor can harm the results of our team.
Prime example: Molinaro!

The boy was never Juve material, but he was tolerated at the expense of our performances and overall strength/quality, only because of his nationality.
This is what i dont want to see again.

If he perfroms like Barza for ex, i wont mind, on the contrary, i will applaud and cheer for him!
Since Conte arrived and demanded better quality on the defence, luckily we good 3 good foreigners, i was thrilled about it, not because they are not Italians, but because they are good defenders!

However despite the squad option, we are trying to keep a high % of Italians within our first eleven, which i dont mind, as long as those players are Juve material, with Bonucci of the table, we must now consider a new starter, the last thing we should worry about is his nationality, IMO, but unfortunately the reported interested so far seems to have this in mind, more than the quality of that new starter...

I would be gladly be proven wrong, for the good of Juve!
Its up to Marotta though to proove what our real criteria are...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)