Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
'Great' no... England never had a great chance to begin with, but he's getting solid as the tournament progress and Italy can count on him for most of the time.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
I did watch the full match. England's best chance was Johnson's volley from a cross ricochet and it escaped both Barzagli and Bonucci.

As I've said he's solid defensively, that's quite an achievement in his case.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I'm not even sure what you're going with this. First of all England did have their fair share of chances.. 2nd even if what you said's true that they couldn't create much, then basically you agreeing with me that Italy's cb had a good game.

Bonucci had a great match for his standards and the reason I (one of his crtics) am impressed is because he did well covering for Chiellini's absence.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
I'm not even sure what you're going with this. First of all England did have their fair share of chances.. 2nd even if what you said's true that they couldn't create much, then basically you agreeing with me that Italy's cb had a good game.

Bonucci had a great match for his standards and the reason I (one of his crtics) am impressed is because he did well covering for Chiellini's absence.
I'm just not agreeing about the 'great' part, no big deal. There's just no moment for him in the game to make him 'great', he's defensively solid almost to a this season's Barzagli-esque level but that's just my opinion.

And yeah, he does have a knack for blocking shots, started to notice it in the match against Inter in the first half of last season and he did a numerous shots blocking again in some matches later.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
when I said blocked everything, I didn't mean it as in just blocking shots.. the reason England couldn't attack much, other than loosing the mid, was their attacking duo didn't have much time to even breathe. Bonbon is always quick to rush in challenges and most times he overdo it , but today his timings were right on the money.

It seems to me this way, maybe because I watched the game while my main focus was on him, keen to see how he deal with England strikers and loved the way he handled all of them in the end. had a shetload of interceptions too. but I see where you getting at. yeah didn't have much flashy highlight moments.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
He had a good match, if that's what you're looking for from me. But no, 'great' wouldn't sum it up for me; I just don't think England's attack were good enough tonight.

Either way, the match against Germany would be a pretty good test.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
well, there's a reason they weren't good enough and that's exactly my point :D unfortunately I don't have much time to gather a clip of bonbon's defending like I once did with Marchisio's passing over the season. about the semi's game against the Germans, we all know Bonucci's incosistent, but if he play a game like this match, he'll be alright.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
You sure? I'm positive you've missed a few moments of Bonucci bossing Rooney and making Carrol/Welbeck his bitch :klin:

:p fair enough man. just keep in mind I'm not trying to overrate him.. He's probably a brainfart away to be back to his usual self.. but to sum it up he gets an A from me for this match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 480)