Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 2, 2006

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Imo not a fraud, he was a genuine key player in a top team for many years.

The problem is he's hanging around too long and collecting money which he doesn't deserve and that we can't really afford
I never rated him even in his so called prime.
He got lucky to play along side greats like Buffon, Chiellini and Barzagli who covered for him constantly. He was piggy backing off their success. One or two quality long range passes per game or coming up with the odd goal seemed to catch people's attention but his defending never convinced me.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Imo not a fraud, he was a genuine key player in a top team for many years.

The problem is he's hanging around too long and collecting money which he doesn't deserve and that we can't really afford
Happens with quite a few older players, they don't know when it's time.

Bonucci seems like a guy ruled by emotions so I understand it, but he didn't take the subtle hint from last season or the clear hint from management, so he gets the tough-to-take one instead.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
simplest fact in this case is that if marotta did not pay 35 million for this clown, we would not have been dealing with this shit now.
yeah, paratici bought ronaldo but a few months later marotta orchestrated the comeback of bonucci. only you and badass have this narrative, the two popes of factual information on tuz

also even if marotta was behind the bonucci deal (which isn't the case), his contract length and wage are 100% on paratici. only you and badass can't get yourself to understand simple facts like this. i have no idea why you keep defending that clown

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I never rated him even in his so called prime.
He got lucky to play along side greats like Buffon, Chiellini and Barzagli who covered for him constantly. He was piggy backing off their success. One or two quality long range passes per game or coming up with the odd goal seemed to catch people's attention but his defending never convinced me.
Respect and can understand this opinion but imo his role wasn't simply to defend as a CB so it's unfair to compare him to Barzagli and Chiellini who as you imply were two of the best ever, both playing in their prime.

Leo wasn't a pure playmaker either, it was his unique mix of the two that facilitated us playing Pirlo or Pjanic without the need for a Gattuso constantly creating space in the centre. Bonucci gave Khedira, Pogba, Vidal or Marchisio more freedom to move further up the pitch, because simply marking Pirlo wasn't enough to negate our game plan because Bonehead gave him an option.

Every piece of those great teams we had had their own important roles to play, and imo Bonucci was no different. I still hate the cunt mind you.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Respect and can understand this opinion but imo his role wasn't simply to defend as a CB so it's unfair to compare him to Barzagli and Chiellini who as you imply were two of the best ever, both playing in their prime.

Leo wasn't a pure playmaker either, it was his unique mix of the two that facilitated us playing Pirlo or Pjanic without the need for a Gattuso constantly creating space in the centre. Bonucci gave Khedira, Pogba, Vidal or Marchisio more freedom to move further up the pitch, because simply marking Pirlo wasn't enough to negate our game plan because Bonehead gave him an option.

Every piece of those great teams we had had their own important roles to play, and imo Bonucci was no different. I still hate the cunt mind you.
I agree with what you are saying and understand how important his role was in that team but he was never the great defender people claimed him to be. He was in the right place at the right time and the team suited him perfectly.

I wanted him gone long before he went to Milan and it was nice to see him finally exposed. Such a shame we took him back.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Happens with quite a few older players, they don't know when it's time.

Bonucci seems like a guy ruled by emotions so I understand it, but he didn't take the subtle hint from last season or the clear hint from management, so he gets the tough-to-take one instead.
And why didn't we treat Alex Sandro, Ramsey and the other bums we have or had in the squad the same way we're handling Bonucci?

I'm not against it, don't get me wrong. He's been finished for years now, but hell, we're putting the vice-captaincy to Alex fucking Sandro now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And why didn't we treat Alex Sandro, Ramsey and the other bums we have or had in the squad the same way we're handling Bonucci?

I'm not against it, don't get me wrong. He's been finished for years now, but hell, we're putting the vice-captaincy to Alex fucking Sandro now.
I don't think Ramsey is a good comparison. Alex Sandro, for whatever reason, is still a regular player under Allegri, he's never wanted to get rid of him. With Bonucci there was a sharp decline, but he was 35-36 years old.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I don't think Ramsey is a good comparison. Alex Sandro, for whatever reason, is still a regular player under Allegri, he's never wanted to get rid of him. With Bonucci there was a sharp decline, but he was 35-36 years old.
Yes we rescinded Ramsey's contract, but a couple years too late. And was thinking of bums, so apologies.

It's still a bit sad it had to end this way. Whatever one may think of Bonucci's abilities, he was a pivotal figure in the last decade for the club.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I support him on this on a moral level.

The club offered him the contract they are ought to respect it imo. Doesn’t mean he should play but should be considered a employee or first team member. Instead they are using emotional black mail techniques to make him rescind the contract.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Double standards - I am no fan of Bumucci, far from it, but the fraudulent fuck winning zero titles and earning 7 million should be given the same treatment. Unfortunately, as he's the coach, we can't freeze him out of the squad and tell him to fuck off elsewhere like the cumstain he truly is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)