Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Because he left for Milan . He isn't the even the longest serving player.
Cuadrado is (and Sandro, but i hope he won't be a starter anymore).

If you go by this rule, then Cuads should always get the band if playing.

On the other hand if they would go for a leader quality guy, it should probably be Danilo or De Ligt. Bonucci is too dumb to be Captain.
Bonucci has played almost double the games that Cuads has for us. A lot to do with the fact that his best trait (until this season at least) has been being fit and available for almost all games.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Seems pretty obvious, no? And I'm not exactly his biggest fan. But credit where it is due, he has been more consistent in recent times, even in this shitty team. Most of his errors come when he gets comfortable, and this team never is.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
But Dybala was captain before him
:boh:
I had edited that post, but I think I forgot to save :D The second part was that Bonucci will be a starter next season, while Cuads, as much as I love him, (hopefully) is a rotation option. He had a poor season by his standards and doesn't really have the legs to start every game for us.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dybala has been given the captaincy a few times towards the end of this season, probably as a gesture, but Bonucci is definitely the vice-captain as it currently stands - he was captain 20 or so times last season.
I think i saw it even before this season, them 2 together and Dybala wearing the armband

- - - Updated - - -

:boh:
I had edited that post, but I think I forgot to save :D The second part was that Bonucci will be a starter next season, while Cuads, as much as I love him, (hopefully) is a rotation option. He had a poor season by his standards and doesn't really have the legs to start every game for us.
Yes that too. I hope Bonucci won't be a starter either though :D

Jun 16, 2020
Seems pretty obvious, no? And I'm not exactly his biggest fan. But credit where it is due, he has been more consistent in recent times, even in this shitty team. Most of his errors come when he gets comfortable, and this team never is.
We cant argue a lot about the decision. And im sure that Bonucci isnt afraid to stand up and speak, but I just dont see a natural leader in him and he talked shit to many times in front of the camera.

But honestly its difficult finding players in our team who really qualify as next captain. Maybe De Ligt in the future, or lets see how Chiesa develops.

Serious downgrade from Del Piero, Buffon and Chiellini tho

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I think i saw it even before this season, them 2 together and Dybala wearing the armband

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that too. I hope Bonucci won't be a starter either though :D
If Gabriel comes from Arsenal like rumors suggest, how can Bonucci even be the starter? MDL/Gabriel is far better. Only thing I can think of is letting Gabriel get acclimated to the squad/league?

We know CB reinforcements are coming. Gatti is clearly the lowest on the totempole. Bonucci/MDL/Danilo/Rugani/Gatti/????

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Dybala has been given the captaincy a few times towards the end of this season, probably as a gesture, but Bonucci is definitely the vice-captain as it currently stands - he was captain 20 or so times last season.
Dybala is vice captain Allegri said it himself. Bonucci's appearances were reset when he moved to Milan. Allegri said he wanted to be captain he could buy himself an armband because he isn't getting it over Dybala.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You got it wrong. Bash Allegri first, then use logic and common sense.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Dybala is vice captain Allegri said it himself. Bonucci's appearances were reset when he moved to Milan. Allegri said he wanted to be captain he could buy himself an armband because he isn't getting it over Dybala.
Yes that is the choice Allegri made last year. I bet it annoys him that it defaults to Bonucci for next season lol. But in 2020/21 it was definitely Bonucci as VC.

If what you were saying was true Alex Sandro would be captain for next season, as he has 270 appearances. In fact Bonucci would be 5th choice behind AS, Cuads, Morata, Tek and Berna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 22)