Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Nope. He cleared and blocked everything (leader, by far, in both categories today). It was De Ligt who struggled in Empoli. Like I said tho, individually a very good performance, but the defense looks shaky with him as a leader. We look better when De Ligt plays the main role.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I believe my eyes more than out of context stats. He’s not fit and he’s to blame in the goals.
I checked the stats after I watched the game with my eyes, and the stats confirmed what I saw. He had a good game and a terrible game at the same time. Good because he won his duels, blocked the shots, cleared everything going his way, and even saved a certain (own)goal. Terrible because he was clearly supposed to organize the defense and it didn't work.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I checked the stats after I watched the game with my eyes, and the stats confirmed what I saw. He had a good game and a terrible game at the same time. Good because he won his duels, blocked the shots, cleared everything going his way, and even saved a certain (own)goal. Terrible because he was clearly supposed to organize the defense and it didn't work.
The ball fell right in front of him and he did nothing. He is a CB. It's his job to clear it if it's at his feet, simple as that.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Out of shape clearly. He was actually performing really good in the first part of the season, I think he'll be back to that because sitting back as we are playing now is what best suit him

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
His body is starting to break down. Not a shock, he’s soon to be 35 with a lot of tread on his tires since he used to be so durable. Need to find De Ligts long term partner ASAP, whether it’s someone we already own or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)