• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Never.

bontard.png

When the ball first bounces it is 25+ yards away from Szczesny, so far you can't even see him in shot.

bontard-2.png

Second time it bounces it is about to land on the edge of the penalty area. Szczesny can judge by Bonucci's body language that he is probably not going to deal with it and comes flying out, but there is no way he is going to make up 12 yards before either Bonucci or Immobile. All Bonucci had to do is kick the ball into the stands as it drops.

I'd imagine even a rushing sweeper-keeper like prime Neuer or Ederson would not have ran out for that until the last minute as Tek does, because the ball is so close to Bonucci he is expected to deal with it. Especially when you know you are playing against a striker like Immobile who is mobile and will chase lost causes. It's the sort of thing I could barely tolerate from a rookie defender, Bonucci has over 500 club appearances and nearly 100 caps for Italy. Farcical.

He used to do this WEEKLY in Milan. Because they didnt have the set up in mid or defence, to stop from any scenario where Bonucci needs to run back to defend a ball he should get, or its a legit counter. He is really incredibly inept at sitautions like these. He thinks he has all the time in the world, and litterally slows down to cover the ball (for Woj thats far away???), no awareness there's a predator way back closing in fast. Just clear the damn ball away.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He used to do this WEEKLY in Milan. Because they didnt have the set up in mid or defence, to stop from any scenario where Bonucci needs to run back to defend a ball he should get, or its a legit counter. He is really incredibly inept at sitautions like these. He thinks he has all the time in the world, and litterally slows down to cover the ball (for Woj thats far away???), no awareness there's a predator way back closing in fast. Just clear the damn ball away.
Essentially he wants to play with his back to his keeper and looking at play as the last covering defender, which is why he works so well in a 3-5-2. When Juve defended deep in a back four that was also less of a problem. Now with Sarri he pushes the defence higher but it exposes Bonucci's weakest areas - his lack of speed and agility.

Defenders generally don't like being turned anyway, but some excel in a foot race or running in circles around attackers. De Ligt would just muscle Immobile out of the way here. With Bonucci I usually feel pretty confident as he has good feet and can get the ball away. I don't expect him to win a race with a fast striker, but there are ways to combat that. In this instance it's an error of judgement. Tired body, tired mind? Maybe. Perhaps I and others are being harsh on him, but standards are so high being a central defender for Juventus, and he's a veteran player now.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Never.

bontard.png

When the ball first bounces it is 25+ yards away from Szczesny, so far you can't even see him in shot.

bontard-2.png

Second time it bounces it is about to land on the edge of the penalty area. Szczesny can judge by Bonucci's body language that he is probably not going to deal with it and comes flying out, but there is no way he is going to make up 12 yards before either Bonucci or Immobile. All Bonucci had to do is kick the ball into the stands as it drops.

I'd imagine even a rushing sweeper-keeper like prime Neuer or Ederson would not have ran out for that until the last minute as Tek does, because the ball is so close to Bonucci he is expected to deal with it. Especially when you know you are playing against a striker like Immobile who is mobile and will chase lost causes. It's the sort of thing I could barely tolerate from a rookie defender, Bonucci has over 500 club appearances and nearly 100 caps for Italy. Farcical.
Man Immobile gets to the ball at the same level where you take the penalty. If Goalkeeper stands on the goal line just like Tek did, he won't make it but if we're talking about Ederson for example, he would have been way further out from the goal in the first place and would have gotten it easily. It's the style of play, and for me there's zero reason for Tek to be that far away when the ball was in the middlefield, like 40m from the goal near the sideline, surrounded by 3 juve players and you just won't score from there.

Bonucci's position on this was near perfect, Tek's wasn't. Too bad Bonucci fucks it up by not taking it into the account that Tek is way too far, tries to kick it too late even he could have done it earlier. Best scenario from this situation would have been Tek having the ball, second best Bonucci kicking it to the stands and worst one was to actually give a penalty in there. Ederson in goal Bonucci would have never needed to do anything, so atleast little bit goes on Tek on this one - just can't put it 100% on Bonucci.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
It shouldn’t matter where Tek is, or in fact anyone’s position. The Nooch should have read the situation as it stood and cleared it into the stands instead of crumbling under pressure and making the monumental brainfart he did. It’s such a trait of his and I can’t understand how it is captain material in any way.

Del Bala

Jul 19, 2020
Hopefully Sarri and our management grow some balls and use this soft-ass defender to a swap deal. He will be only getting playing time from Demiral next season if he stays.He and the other softie Rugani should leave.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Yes.

Rugani happens next match. But at least it's not Rugani - Bonucci, aka Morecambe & Wise, aka Laurel & Hardy, aka Kenan & Kel, aka The Two Ronnies.
I can't drink a orange soda without remember the show. Of course I almost never have one because I would never buy one by my own but still

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)