Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You can't be a central defender in the modern game and be unable to lift your lead feet more than an inch off the pitch. Well, he seems to be able to do it in the attacking third but in his own area he stands and watches the ball sail past him over and over. It's almost a joke. In the league under generally less pressure he's not getting away with it as such but the attacking upside he brings against organised sides makes the trade off worthwhile. In the CL the play is open and it's up to our actual attackers to make the most of the numerous chances, so at the other end he's just a liability. Defender who only wants to defend close proximity plays and nothing else? Fuck right off.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
There are two ways to criticize him. On the counter attack he has no chance because physically he's limited. Can't turn his hips, has no agility to speak of.

Then there's the cross into the box where he cannot be bothered to turn his head to track the #9. He will literally ignore the striker as he separates even a couple metres. That is complete laziness. It's completely selfish and it's disgusting.

There's no physical limitation in the 2nd scenario! It's not a dead sprint. It's not a vertical leap. All you have to do is give a shit.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Without Chiellini there to hold his hand he looks really bad.
This. As part of the back three with Barza and Chiello, his brainfarts aren't as pronounced. Now, anytime Chiellini is out, this fraud of a defender gets cruelly exposed. He sucks in the air and in the tackle, but his passing range is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you so salty Dai? What I said is true. Such a pathetic cretin.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
This. As part of the back three with Barza and Chiello, his brainfarts aren't as pronounced. Now, anytime Chiellini is out, this fraud of a defender gets cruelly exposed. He sucks in the air and in the tackle, but his passing range is good.

- - - Updated - - -

I merely apply your own rule upon you.

- - - Updated - - -

He was bad yesterday though.

Playing next to the most passive defender in the world didn't help either.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yessss Rugani is passive. Perfect word to describe him. :agree:

In any case, when you see your offense squabble away countless chances to score from the vantage points CBs see, doesn’t it eventually add pressure to the back line?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

No offense love but I don’t think you can judge defenders anymore :D

Both Benatia and MDS have sorta kinda maybe most likely in all probability proven you wrong since Day 1 of their contracts. :p

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

In any case, when you see your offense squabble away countless chances to score from the vantage points CBs see, doesn’t it eventually add pressure to the back line?

- - - Updated - - -

Both Benatia and MDS have sorta kinda maybe most likely in all probability proven you wrong since Day 1 of their contracts. :p
Benatia is actually a better defender than Bonucci. De Sciglio has been solid, but let's not get excited about it. We're barely four months into the season, and injuries and consistency have always been an issue with him.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
I merely apply your own rule upon you.

- - - Updated - - -

He was bad yesterday though.

Playing next to the most passive defender in the world didn't help either.
if you wanna complain about that way
chiellini was still chiellini
he had played with other defenders as well
but look on other side.
i agree about the fact that you need a good cb partner but the fact is that in situations like 1v1's where bonucci was yesterday you have to defend by yourself
it wouldnt matter if he had rugani next to him over there or estigarribia because rugani wasnt a fault for that moment ,bonucci had to stop the 1v1 by himself.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

MDS has been shit for most of his Juve career. Only recently he's become a good-ish fullback.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
if you wanna complain about that way
chiellini was still chiellini
he had played with other defenders as well
but look on other side.
i agree about the fact that you need a good cb partner but the fact is that in situations like 1v1's where bonucci was yesterday you have to defend by yourself
it wouldnt matter if he had rugani next to him over there or estigarribia because rugani wasnt a fault for that moment ,bonucci had to stop the 1v1 by himself.
Calma. I said he had a bad game no? I'm not shifting the blame to Rugani, but it's not a secret that a CB pairing of two rather passive defenders in Rugani and Bonucci is bound to struggle on counters. Both of them work better with an agressive CB alongside them, being Benatia or Chiello. That's why BonBon and Chiello are such a good pairing for me, cause they compliment each other. Having the right partner with perfect understanding can make a huge difference.

The one on ones...Yeah, BonBon has never been good at one on ones, but over the years we've managed to minimize these situations. Rarely ever you see a striker running at our CB's uncovered like that, if it happens though, it's easy for a CB to look stupid in a situation like that. Chiello most definitely would have defended that better, but even he's been burned at one on ones before.

Btw. If we concede like that, credit also has to go to our non existing mid. Matuidi has been missed big time.

Apr 19, 2007
Huh? Hustini said that MDS has been good since day 1.

He's been mostly shit and useless (injured). Only recently he's been good.

Dat dare lack of comprehension skillz.
Techincally he said that Benatia and MDS have proved everyone wrong since day 1.People said they were garbage and honestly they havnt been for us aspecially at the price we got them at. He was hurt for a few months and struggled with form and no he hasnt been shit his whole career

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)