Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
So we need to start with caldara and Rugani and sell off the old guard
Who's saying sell off? Just don't by back one in a dreadful deal that overvalues him (especially given his age/fact we will never be able to sell him on/high wages/his past season's performances) and gets rid of a potentially excellent young CB.

Let's be honest Bonucci has been pretty poor in just about every final he has played in. The BBBC in it's prime shelved 4 goals to Real in a final and 3 to Barca (albeit without Chiellini in that one). Why should it suddenly be water tight now when we have lost Buffon and the players are 2/3 years older? Because we have Ronaldo?

Maybe it's time to be sensible build a team that can compete for years and not drop off a cliff like Inter did. Who is to say we can't win with Caldara, he has been excellent against top teams whenever I have seen him.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus's valuation on Caldara is just over €30M, while Milan's valuation on Bonucci is just under €35M. There will be a new meeting between Milan and Juventus in the next hours, with the negotiations heading in a positive direction. [Gazzetta]

shilawieh

Mar 31, 2011
We know how good Bonucci was with our team. I think the team suffered as whole. also you can say Alves leaving also affected the team.
problem is you're too worried about the future and our aging yet proven players. Rugani was good but he made some silly mistakes. sure Caladara is talent but juve don't have time for testing/validation and all that sh*t.
I mean f*ck it we just bought Ronaldo give me the champion league now..

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Who's saying sell off? Just don't by back one in a dreadful deal that overvalues him (especially given his age/fact we will never be able to sell him on/high wages/his past season's performances) and gets rid of a potentially excellent young CB.

Let's be honest Bonucci has been pretty poor in just about every final he has played in. The BBBC in it's prime shelved 4 goals to Real in a final and 3 to Barca (albeit without Chiellini in that one). Why should it suddenly be water tight now when we have lost Buffon and the players are 2/3 years older? Because we have Ronaldo?

Maybe it's time to be sensible build a team that can compete for years and not drop off a cliff like Inter did. Who is to say we can't win with Caldara, he has been excellent against top teams whenever I have seen him.
Why are we judging players on basis of one bad match benatia was great last season but people remember him for letting koulibaly score that header chiellini was great last season but people remember him for the mistake on the Ronaldo goal and bonucci was crucial for us reaching two champions league final but people remember him for the mistake on the Ronaldo goal there is reason why have been so successful and it is our defence yes individual mistakes are part and parcel of the game but that doesn't mean they become bad defenders and if caldara performs well he will get contract renewal but he is yet to prove himself at the big stage

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
bonucci in his prime :baus:

he made countless positioning errors, he lost ridiculously easy duels last season. and some people keep blaming meelan for bonucci's blunders. fucking hell.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Why are we judging players on basis of one bad match benatia was great last season but people remember him for letting koulibaly score that header chiellini was great last season but people remember him for the mistake on the Ronaldo goal and bonucci was crucial for us reaching two champions league final but people remember him for the mistake on the Ronaldo goal
Once again you are imagining what someone has said. At what point do I judge someone on one game?

When you look at Bonucci's last season as a whole, he was poor. When you look at every meaningful cup final Bonucci has played, he has been poor. Even last year's copper with AC, he was dreadful. Throughout his career he seems to have had issues in mentality (hiring a personal sports phycologist, his ego in the Milan move), when he gets to finals he seems to get a block. I would have no faith in him whatsoever in a CL final, considering we are a team that seems to be like him and have mental issues with the competition it is a bad combination.

I was upset to see him go and even credited him for his performance against us in Turin last season, but you have to look forward. Who is to say he will come back and find his form here? It is well regarded that he needs Chiellini, Barzagli and Buffon to perform. One is gone, one surely going to be a bit part player and the other ageing and had injury issues.

If we are bringing him back for the CL I think it is a mistake. Plus business wise adding another player who we will effectively lose 35m on at the expense of a guy who's value is only increasing is madness. For Benatia I can just about accept given their stages of their careers, but not Caldara.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Once again you are imagining what someone has said. At what point do I judge someone on one game?

When you look at Bonucci's last season as a whole, he was poor. When you look at every meaningful cup final Bonucci has played, he has been poor. Even last year's copper with AC, he was dreadful. Throughout his career he seems to have had issues in mentality (hiring a personal sports phycologist, his ego in the Milan move), when he gets to finals he seems to get a block. I would have no faith in him whatsoever in a CL final, considering we are a team that seems to be like him and have mental issues with the competition it is a bad combination.

I was upset to see him go and even credited him for his performance against us in Turin last season, but you have to look forward. Who is to say he will come back and find his form here? It is well regarded that he needs Chiellini, Barzagli and Buffon to perform. One is gone, one surely going to be a bit part player and the other ageing and had injury issues.

If we are bringing him back for the CL I think it is a mistake. Plus business wise adding another player who we will effectively lose 35m on at the expense of a guy who's value is only increasing is madness. For Benatia I can just about accept given their stages of their careers, but not Caldara.
That is the problem with young players like caldara who want contract renewal even before proving themselves or want to be the first choice in the playing eleven not wanting to face the competition for his place bonucci made a mistake and we should forgive him as we hope to win the champions league after 23 years

Boksic

May 11, 2005
That is the problem with young players like caldara who want contract renewal even before proving themselves or want to be the first choice in the playing eleven not wanting to face the competition for his place bonucci made a mistake and we should forgive him as we hope to win the champions league after 23 years
Where has Caldara said he wants a new contract and demands being a starter? In his joining interview he gave the impression that he understood he would need to work hard and earn his spot.

Of course I hope we win the CL, but I have serious doubts on Bonucci's ability to bring us it. If he was already here fine, but signing him at the expense of one of the best young CB in the league if madness from a footballing and economic point of view.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Is at so unusual for pro athletes to have a mental coach? I highly doubt it.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Is at so unusual for pro athletes to have a mental coach? I highly doubt it.
Possibly not, I've never heard of other Juve players with one, why have we heard of only Bonucci's? Even if you factor in that others have one, Bonucci's mentality has always seemed at a different level from e.g. Chiellini or Barzagli, and I can't help but think I wouldn't trust him in a CL final once again (if we made it).

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Where has Caldara said he wants a new contract and demands being a starter? In his joining interview he gave the impression that he understood he would need to work hard and earn his spot.

Of course I hope we win the CL, but I have serious doubts on Bonucci's ability to bring us it. If he was already here fine, but signing him at the expense of one of the best young CB in the league if madness from a footballing and economic point of view.
Do you remember the situation of verratti with his agent where verratti used to stay one thing and agent another thing finally he sacked his agent which is what caldara needs to do rather than saying my agent will look after these things

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
SKY: Juventus haven't agreed to Milan's proposal to swap Caldara for Bonucci on par and loaning Higuaín with a mandatory purchase. Juve want more guarantees from Milan over the redemption of Higuaín.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Juventus would only exchange Caldara for Bonucci if Milan takes Higuain in the process. If Milan does not sign Higuain, there would rather be an economic adjustment in the exchange. [Sky]

- - - Updated - - -

There's still no news on any buyback clause. I will be bitterly disappointed if there isnt one.

Obviously it looks like we're getting fucked in this deal. The least you can do is include a buyback clause.

How can you get shafted like this by an obscure mid-table team that hasnt been anywhere near the top for almost a decade ?

Its hard to point out what but some shady shit is going on alright.

- - - Updated - - -

Benatia & Pjaca are the possible players who could be included in the deal for Bonucci. Milan want Caldara but Juventus are waiting for developments on the negotiations with Chelsea for Rugani. (Il Messaggero)

Jul 20, 2012
Juventus would only exchange Caldara for Bonucci if Milan takes Higuain in the process. If Milan does not sign Higuain, there would rather be an economic adjustment in the exchange. [Sky]

- - - Updated - - -

There's still no news on any buyback clause. I will be bitterly disappointed if there isnt one.

Obviously it looks like we're getting $#@!ed in this deal. The least you can do is include a buyback clause.

How can you get shafted like this by an obscure mid-table team that hasnt been anywhere near the top for almost a decade ?

Its hard to point out what but some shady $#@! is going on alright.

- - - Updated - - -

Benatia & Pjaca are the possible players who could be included in the deal for Bonucci. Milan want Caldara but Juventus are waiting for developments on the negotiations with Chelsea for Rugani. (Il Messaggero)
The first report makes me happy though cause it's clear that sky has no clue

Let's believe Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 105)