Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Without doubt if he returns he NEEDS to make a statement to win back the fans. It's a business, and obviously he saw the armband and payraise as a career opportunity, and balanced that with any dressing room issues that were going on with Allegri etc, and made a decision. I don't really blame him from an objective point of view. As a Juventus fan of course its fun to say treason. But most of us with the opportunity to go from 3.5M euro to 7.5M (over an 100% increase in salary) would do the same thing if offered an 100% raise to change jobs and do the same thing. That being said, a previous employers might feel some resentment, which definitely occurs in sport too. The problem is that the resentment goes beyond the previous employers - there are millions of supporters, many of which are not objectively rational when it comes to supporting their team (myself included) with many not financially literate wrt basic business This is sport, and things are not objective. It is emotion. Fans expect loyalty even if it isn't two-way. For example, any basketball fans following the Demar DeRosan saga would ackowledge this.

Bonucci has to make a statement here. In the majority of fans' eyes he abandoned Juventus, and left in an ugly manner. He also celebrated against us, which is something that showed a lack of sporting etiquette. Even though I understand the financial motivations, this is sport, and he'd better say something profound because a lot of Juventus fans can't stand him now.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Bonucci strikes me as an opportunist. Milan was attractive to him because they treated him like the face of the club. Then he realized that also came with responsibility. Couldn’t handle it. Now he sees Juve buy Ronaldo and wants a piece, shame be damned. Fuck him. Hope they drag it out until the last day of the window and then tell him to take a hike.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I dont care if he apologozes or not. Talk is cheap.

If he really wants to show some humility, dedication to club and a desire to part of a winning team again then he can cut his wage in half to make the transfer more feasible

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
When he returns I hope he says something like Juve was his first and only love and it was silly that they fought and he knew joining Milan was the wrong move the minute he first put on that Milan jersey and he knew then and there that his heart was black and white forever.

You know, something like that, make it sting.

Mar 3, 2014
Bonucci strikes me as an opportunist. Milan was attractive to him because they treated him like the face of the club. Then he realized that also came with responsibility. Couldn’t handle it. Now he sees Juve buy Ronaldo and wants a piece, shame be damned. $#@! him. Hope they drag it out until the last day of the window and then tell him to take a hike.
Salary definitely had a huge role. That being said the increase well less than I thought. Forgot to make sure I grabbed the post extension salary figure. Looks like his extension was 5M p/a, so he got paid 50% more w/ Milan. A 50% increase in salary is still huge though. Many of us would change jobs for a salary increase of 50% and a promise of more responsibility, especially in a growing business environment (ie: Milan's owners were investing in growth, or so we thought at the time). If you strip the "sporting emotion" out of it, it was a pretty standard career move. If You bumped my salary by 50% you'd bet your ass I'd consider leaving my job.

Mar 3, 2014
When he returns I hope he says something like Juve was his first and only love and it was silly that they fought and he knew joining Milan was the wrong move the minute he first put on that Milan jersey and he knew then and there that his heart was black and white forever.

exactly, he has got to at least play to the sporting emotion because sports aren't a normal business.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Ok that would be great too

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Honestly the thing that worries me most is whether he will still be good enough. Bonucci was a great defender within our system, but he has always needed a lot of help. I think Milan might have broken him mentally too.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Salary definitely had a huge role. That being said the increase well less than I thought. Forgot to make sure I grabbed the post extension salary figure. Looks like his extension was 5M p/a, so he got paid 50% more w/ Milan. A 50% increase in salary is still huge though. Many of us would change jobs for a salary increase of 50% and a promise of more responsibility, especially in a growing business environment (ie: Milan's owners were investing in growth, or so we thought at the time). If you strip the "sporting emotion" out of it, it was a pretty standard career move. If You bumped my salary by 50% you'd bet your ass I'd consider leaving my job.
I hate the comparison of a footballer to a “regular” job. In what normal job do you see a guy taking a pay cut of millions?

He left because his ego was out of control. It still is if he thinks the fans would just welcome him back like nothing happened.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I cannot believe Beppe and Paratici are this stupid. Maybe all this talk about the possibility of giving up Caldara in the Bonucci deal is just a tactic to stay firm on Rugani's pricetag with Chelsea. A way of telling Chelsea that we are still short in defense and you'll need to overpay us to let Rugani go.

Once we sell Rugani to Chelsea, this nightmare will end.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Di Marzio:

Bonucci's agent, Lucci met Paratici in Milan to understand the feasibility of the operation. They're working to find the right formula that satisfies the will of all parties in concern.

At the moment there's a difference of opinion between the two clubs, on the cost of Bonucci and the counterparts involved to unlock the deal.

Milan remain cold over Higuaín and would like to exchange Bonucci for Caldara.

The operation is not easy to materialize.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Mark says Momblano has been very reliable this year
Man, if we fucking give in to this Milan board of jabronis...

I mean, this board was assembled less than a week ago and the club is in chaos.

They want to sell Bonucci, he wants out... surely we have all the leverage here. If Caldara is supposed to be unsellable, we don't have to budge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)