Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
From his post-match interview after Juventus' 3-1 win against Milan during last weekend
Bonucci, who spent seven years with Juve and was part of the side which won six straight Serie A titles, admitted he had expected a different reception, and it was because of this that he reciprocated after scoring only his second goal for his new club, expressing his disappointment.

"You could all hear the way in which I was greeted back here," Bonucci told Mediaset. "Before the game, I was in doubt as to whether I should celebrate or not, but in the end I decided I would.

"I always gave everything for Juventus, but then everybody has a right to believe what they want. It did hurt me a bit because paths can divide during your lifetime -- it happens even with marriages -- but there should always be a minimum level of respect.

"I and Juventus became winners together and now I'll watch their game against Real Madrid as an Italian fan because Juventus still have a place in my heart."
Nice interview :tup:

Don't see what's wrong with it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The fans shouldnt have jeered him but then again even if they do - Bonucci should have shown some class and not celebrate this goal
As for Bonucci coming back - I`d welcome him as I think Bonucci is exactly the type modern defenders should be
Back in the past you could put a defender who has no technical ability and it would have been enough
Nowadays yeah they still defend well but in order to be a better team you need technical players and speedy ones as well
Bonucci is the exact type of a modern center back
Also we might have calmed down with our defense but last year`s defense was certainly > this year`s defense

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
"I always gave everything for Juventus, but then everybody has a right to believe what they want. It did hurt me a bit because paths can divide during your lifetime -- it happens even with marriages -- but there should always be a minimum level of respect."
I wonder what the marital equivalent would be for Bonucci becoming captain of Milan after parting ways with Juve and acting like he has? Surely not one where you could demand the respect of ex's friends and family.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Bonucci prevents Juventus from setting new record

April 3, 2018 at 1:40 PM

Saturday's clash between Juventus and AC Milan offered some great football, as for once an away side at Allianz Stadium took charge of the game. Former Juventus man Bonucci added some extra spark to the game as he equalised in the 28th minute.

Unfortunately for Juventus, they failed to break their own record of minutes without conceding a goal (974), just because of Bonucci's header in the first half. In fact, Milan were the first team to score against Juventus in 959 minutes.

Ironically enough, Bonucci had to be the man for the job. The Italian defender revealed after the game that he didn't play on celebrating at first, but changed his mind once he heard the boos from the home crowd.

“I celebrated because of how I was welcomed. I was in doubt before the game but when I noticed I was booed I decided to celebrate”, the Italy International told Premium Sport.

:D

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
What the fuck did this Mongoloid expect? A standing ovation, we made him then he forced his exit to Milan of all teams, he has his head so far up his ass, hope Gatusso fly kicks him in the head soon

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Non of you knows what exactly happened behind the scenes.

If you see something wrong in what he said in that interview above, then most likely just because you are still salty.

Loving the "we made him" lines as well, like he's given us nothing in return.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And you know what happened? So it's all good?

People can react however they want to Bonucci and his potshots about Juventus and our coach and management. The nonsense about how Gattuso sets his team up "to win" and how he never wants to "play not to lose" again, and his celebration, sliding across the pitch on his knees in our stadium, and his demanding a transfer to a rival team in our league. He's easily done enough to annoy Juventus fans and elicit jeers and disparaging remarks.

If you think it's all fine and dandy, that's great. Nothing wrong with that. But others don't and there's nothing wrong with that either.

And of course Bonucci had to work hard to get where he is, but Juventus is the club that took a promising but terribly mistake-prone young CB and gave him the opportunity to play alongside fantastic defenders and in front of the greatest keeper of all-time, as well as under two of the best defensive-minded coaches in the game. It's pretty clear this club had a lot to do with his development into a world class player with quite the trophy cabinet. My opinion is that he should show a little more gratitude.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
No, i don't know it either, therefore i don't moan about it.

I love how people get so hung up on a sliding celebration though.
It's absurd. Wasn't even a very "engaged" celebration. Rather tame and insecure.

We have bashed and ridiculed him since his transfer [I suspect Juventus fans in Italy have been even worse] and then we can't handle a simple celebration. Pathetic and provincial.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
No, i don't know it either, therefore i don't moan about it.

I love how people get so hung up on a sliding celebration though.
I don't mind him for celebrating, it simply confirmed what I thought of him, it's not a big deal per se. You can see the difference in class with Morata which was booed in the Bernabeu but sill didn't celebrate. The people that are mad were still hoping for him to redeem himself, it's fair game though although he has only himself to blame for the booing. We had players that went to Milan and still got respect

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's absurd. Wasn't even a very "engaged" celebration. Rather tame and insecure.

We have bashed and ridiculed him since his transfer [I suspect Juventus fans in Italy have been even worse] and then we can't handle a simple celebration. Pathetic and provincial.
People are bashing him and ridiculing him for his celebration. It sounds like everyone can handle it just fine. All it does is give even more excuse to ridicule "skinny legs", especially since Milan got spanked.

Now go watch some Premier League highlights or something. :p

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Why do we even care at this point?

If he hadn't scored, would most of this stuff even be brought up?

Who gives a shit. I sure as fuck don't. Move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)