Leonardo Bonucci - CB - Bari/Genoa (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Lol u must be joking , just remember what IAQUINTA did [Roma-Juve 1:4]
And do you remember what our team did (include IQ who scored goal) to Bari this 2nd half of the season -> Juve - Bari 3-0.. I don't think that's right to use this kind of comparison..

I rarely saw Bari played, but at beginning of the season especially at the first game Bari-Inter 1-1, the most stand out CB i like much is Rannochia. Bonucci actually has a good season too which made him get Italian NT calls up, but this NT now lack of CB talent. Even Canna is a first team player CB preferred than Bonucci. So replacing Canna with Bonucci in our team doesn't guarantee instant success because it doesn't mean an upgrade, it just give us future CB that can turn out to be gold..

And can people sure that he won't turn out to be another Legro. I even remember Legro great season for Chievo in 2002/2003 and also have good scoring record as defender. But he turns out to be just average for our team under Lippi

For now, i certain Mexes is safer choice to buy. For above 15m price tag on Bonucci, i prefer look elsewhere. And although i don't really like Kjaer much (i have some doubt about him too), i will still invest in Kjaer rather than Bonucci for that kind of money

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
And do you remember what our team did (include IQ who scored goal) to Bari this 2nd half of the season -> Juve - Bari 3-0.. I don't think that's right to use this kind of comparison..

I rarely saw Bari played, but at beginning of the season especially at the first game Bari-Inter 1-1, the most stand out CB i like much is Rannochia. Bonucci actually has a good season too which made him get Italian NT calls up, but this NT now lack of CB talent. Even Canna is a first team player CB preferred than Bonucci. So replacing Canna with Bonucci in our team doesn't guarantee instant success because it doesn't mean an upgrade, it just give us future CB that can turn out to be gold..

And can people sure that he won't turn out to be another Legro. I even remember Legro great season for Chievo in 2002/2003 and also have good scoring record as defender. But he turns out to be just average for our team under Lippi

For now, i certain Mexes is safer choice to buy. For above 15m price tag on Bonucci, i prefer look elsewhere. And although i don't really like Kjaer much (i have some doubt about him too), i will still invest in Kjaer rather than Bonucci for that kind of money
:hellyes:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Bonucci actually has a good season too which made him get Italian NT calls up, but this NT now lack of CB talent. Even Canna is a first team player CB preferred than Bonucci. So replacing Canna with Bonucci in our team doesn't guarantee instant success because it doesn't mean an upgrade, it just give us future CB that can turn out to be gold..
The fact that Lippi prefers Canna over Bonucci doesn't mean shit though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know about you guys, but judging a young CB has always been my biggest problem in judging players and that's where I made most wrong predictions. That's why I rarely, almost never, make ones.

So many times a solid unit and a solid partner can make a CB look 10 times better than he is and vice-versa.
If you watch a CB more often you can already form an opinion about his qualities, but for younger CBs you watch only from time to time, from month to month, it's not easy to do it.

If Kjaer was a midfielder and showed the performances I've seen of him, I'd have been soooo against Juve signing him. Some serious lack of speed, concentration and aggressiveness is what I saw. But I know how much I suck in judging a CB and I know that he's rated by coaches, so I admit a defeat, for now.

Those who played as CBs in their life can judge a CB easier. Like Red in this forum. But I have a feeling that the majority here is more like me than like Red, and sorry but I won't trust you in these debates Kjaer vs Bonucci vs Subotic vs another young CB, simply because I don't trust myself and I know that most of you suck in this just as much as I do :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
So many times a solid unit and a solid partner can make a CB look 10 times better than he is and vice-versa.
A clear example of this is the Legrottaglie - Chiellini partnership during 2007/2008 and 2008/2009 seasons. Legrottaglie looked good when partnered with Chiellini, while with Mellberg or for the National team friendlies he was like a totally different player.

If Kjaer was a midfielder and showed the performances I've seen of him, I'd have been soooo against Juve signing him. Some serious lack of speed, concentration and aggressiveness is what I saw. But I know how much I suck in judging a CB and I know that he's rated by coaches, so I admit a defeat, for now.
Kjaer's critics are different Alen. You don't have to suck at judging a CB to notice that he is so slow and poor at defending.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I don't know about you guys, but judging a young CB has always been my biggest problem in judging players and that's where I made most wrong predictions. That's why I rarely, almost never, make ones.

If you watch a CB more often you can already form an opinion about his qualities, but for younger CBs you watch only from time to time, from month to month, it's not easy to do it.

Those who played as CBs in their life can judge a CB easier. Like Red in this forum. But I have a feeling that the majority here is more like me than like Red, and sorry but I won't trust you in these debates Kjaer vs Bonucci vs Subotic vs another young CB, simply because I don't trust myself and I know that most of you suck in this just as much as I do :D

You're a very honest guy :hellyes:

a solid unit and a solid partner can make a CB look 10 times better than he is and vice-versa. This part that I agree most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)