Lens want Palermo’s CL place (2 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
French side Lens have entered the Calciopoli debate, claiming that they should be awarded one of Italy’s four Champions League spots.

“As it stands Italy will send the seventh, eighth or even ninth-placed side into the Champions League," said club President Gervais Martel.

"The tenth, eleventh and twelfth sides will go into the UEFA Cup. In our League fifth place doesn’t even get into the UEFA Cup.”

Lens finished fourth last season and have secured a spot in the UEFA Cup, but the Stade Felix Bollaert outfit now believe that they could claim the greater prize of a place in Europe’s showpiece event.

While the rules state that the places vacated by Juventus and Milan must be filled by teams from the same nation, the French side hope that the size of the Calciopoli scandal will cause UEFA to make an exception.

Currently Inter, Roma, Chievo and Palermo will take part in the Champions League and Livorno, Parma and Empoli – pending a licence – will enter the UEFA Cup.

If Lens do claim Italy’s fourth Champions League place, Palermo will be the side to miss out.

Channel4

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Byrone said:
French side Lens have entered the Calciopoli debate, claiming that they should be awarded one of Italy’s four Champions League spots.

“As it stands Italy will send the seventh, eighth or even ninth-placed side into the Champions League," said club President Gervais Martel.

"The tenth, eleventh and twelfth sides will go into the UEFA Cup. In our League fifth place doesn’t even get into the UEFA Cup.”

Lens finished fourth last season and have secured a spot in the UEFA Cup, but the Stade Felix Bollaert outfit now believe that they could claim the greater prize of a place in Europe’s showpiece event.

While the rules state that the places vacated by Juventus and Milan must be filled by teams from the same nation, the French side hope that the size of the Calciopoli scandal will cause UEFA to make an exception.

Currently Inter, Roma, Chievo and Palermo will take part in the Champions League and Livorno, Parma and Empoli – pending a licence – will enter the UEFA Cup.

If Lens do claim Italy’s fourth Champions League place, Palermo will be the side to miss out.

Channel4
They are insane!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
This makes me respect Ajax, who made a statement they won't be pursuing the CL title they lost to Juventus saying they don't see why they should.

Lens are vultures.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Actually, their argument is flawed. Juventus, Milan, Viola and Lazio all had points subtracted from last years table, which elevates teams like Palermo and Chievo to third and fourth, and Inter as first (though this may not be equal to winning the Scudetto).

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    Erik-with-a-k said:
    This makes me respect Ajax, who made a statement they won't be pursuing the CL title they lost to Juventus saying they don't see why they should.

Lens are vultures.
    Were there suggestions that they should challenge that?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Byrone said:
    Were there suggestions that they should challenge that?
    Strong suggestions. Their lawyers reportedly even sent them a letter asking if they were planning on challenging it so they could prepare the proper procedures.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    Maresca said:
    I hope that italian sides will suck in europe, and then all the country will know how important juve is for italy
    ...and Milan:eyebrows: (they are not sure Europe candidates,yet).

I hope that internazionale will suck!!!That would be great,to watch them crying again...I feel sorry for Grosso,only,but I don't care for the rest of those idiots.

-----------------Martins:pumpkin: --Adriano:pumpkin: --------------------------------

Stankovic:pumpkin: ---Cambiasso:pumpkin: ---Pizzaro:pumpkin: -Figo:pumpkin:

Grosso-------Matrix:pumpkin: ---------Samuel:pumpkin: ----J.Zanetti:pumpkin:

----------------------------------Toldo:pumpkin: /Cesar:pumpkin: --------------------

(if they don't change something)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    giovanotti said:
    ...and Milan:eyebrows: (they are not sure Europe candidates,yet).

I hope that internazionale will suck!!!That would be great,to watch them crying again...I feel sorry for Grosso,only,but I don't care for the rest of those idiots.

-----------------Martins:pumpkin: --Adriano:pumpkin: --------------------------------

Stankovic:pumpkin: ---Cambiasso:pumpkin: ---Pizzaro:pumpkin: -Figo:pumpkin:

Grosso-------Matrix:pumpkin: ---------Samuel:pumpkin: ----J.Zanetti:pumpkin:

----------------------------------Toldo:pumpkin: /Cesar:pumpkin: --------------------

(if they don't change something)
    Let's start a new bet title

The chances of either Zlatan, Matrix or Adriano being sent off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)