Legrottaglie wants redemption (2 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday 8 July, 2004

Nicola Legrottaglie is hopeful that he can finally deliver for Juventus after a difficult first season in Turin.

The Italian struggled to make a significant impact at the Delle Alpi but he’s eager to silence his many critics.

"I hope that this season turns out to be better than the last," said the defender. "However, there is a massive difference for me this summer.

"I’m in much better physical shape now. I seem to have got rid of the calf problem that hampered me for most of the last campaign."

Legrottaglie was snapped up from Chievo in a bid to strengthen the Old Lady’s defence, yet the £7m buy didn’t impress at all.

"I wanted to do more but it was an unfortunate season," he adds. "Now I want to illustrate my real worth to the club and the fans.

"I did make mistakes last term but I was the only one that was being blamed for Juve’s campaign. I now want to redeem myself."

Legrottaglie’s problems also saw him dropped from Italy’s Euro 2004 squad – a fact he found hard to digest.

"I was disappointed," he continued. "Did Marco Materazzi (Inter) deserve to go? In my opinion he shouldn’t have been there either.

"Trap should have left both of us at home and called up Marcello Castellini of Parma or Marco Di Loreto of Perugia based on last season’s performances."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In the end, all what Materazzi did was make a stupid and important penalty foul. Nothing to be jalous of :D

Jul 28, 2002
well at least he is willing to try and re build his rep.....and i agree why materazzi??? why??

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Somebody should have told Materazzi that Euro 2004 wasn't a basketball tournament. The way he was guarding people, you would have thought he was in the paint against Shaquille O'Neal.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think its true what he said. everyone blamed him a lot more than montero, iuliano and even our shitty DM.

i dont think he has the capabilities of being a good player, but i do believe he is okay for back up. with tudor hopefully leaving, we do need a player of legro's size in the squad. zebina has joined also, but its obvious that more have to come into defence.

anyway, legro needs to learn to keep his concentration, he makes school boy mistakes way to often.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
very true adrian..

OI think that he cannot do a drastical change from the leggro we saw last season... but he can work a lot on concentration...and try to not do that stupid mistakes of lat season.

then he will be OK.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Not very smart by Legro to decide who was worth getting into the Squadra Azzurri. All I seem to remember about him were the awful howlers but atleast he admits them. That's a start & I sure hope that he gets better.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I think that he has the right to criticize, like everyone of us... Surely hope that he'll get back his old form from Chievo... Good luck Legro!! :thumb: :fingerscrossed:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Legro wants redemption ??????????

...and so does Iuliano and Montero

GET RID OF ALL 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!

:D I say we should give him one more chance , if he fails to impress , we should get red of him (as for montero and juliano we should get red of them asap)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
For me Legrottaglie is a solid addition to this Juventus squad. I know that most of you here disagree with me, but Legro showed promise on some occasions last season. He didn't settle well and never produced the form he showed at Chievo the year before, but imo he has enough potential to be a decent player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)