Leandro Paredes - CM/DM - PSG (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
barcelona and some other clubs were after de ligt. any club would have wanted cr7. both play here.

for an italian, juventus might still be THE top club.
Those two we could guarantee starting roles, though so maybe he made it easier? Not sure, for whatever reason (though I get your point) this smells of a Veratti incident all over again.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Verratti went to PSG not only because they offered more, but there werent any urgency for Juve to sign him, we had the MVP brilliant midfield plus Marchisio. Juve would prolly loaned back Verratti and who knows what they told him about when he could play for the team. While PSG offered immediate playing time.

With how our midfield need is now, its absolutely opposite of what it was back then, and Tonali, tho not guranteed starter, both has a need and space to play immediately for our midfield if he plays well enough.

So the sitautions couldnt be any different.

Also we are in the position financially to match whatever PSG could offer him now, which wasnt the case back then, we are quite limited in our financial power and had to prioritize at every turn.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Verratti went to PSG not only because they offered more, but there werent any urgency for Juve to sign him, we had the MVP brilliant midfield plus Marchisio. Juve would prolly loaned back Verratti and who knows what they told him about when he could play for the team. While PSG offered immediate playing time.

With how our midfield need is now, its absolutely of what it was back then, and Tonali, tho not guranteed starter, both has a need and space to play immediately for our midfield if he plays well enough.

So the sitautions couldnt be any different.

Also we are in the position financially to match whatever PSG could offer him now, which wasnt the case back then, we are quite limited in our financial power and had to prioritize at every turn.
you mean its abolsutely what is wasn't back then? as in its different?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah my thought proccess skipped a word haha. Yeah almost the opposite of our sitaution back then. We were crying for an attacking upgrade at that time, not midfield. Even if we absolutely should have signed Verratti no matter what.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah my thought proccess skipped a word haha. Yeah almost the opposite of our sitaution back then. We were crying for an attacking upgrade at that time, not midfield. Even if we absolutely should have signed Verratti no matter what.
Got it. We are definitely in a better financial position than back then. I hope we get him. I've never liked Juve with the threat of a bidding war, but maybe I'm so skewed by Marotta & his "no bidding war" model that I'm unwilling to accept that perhaps that ship has sailed :p

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We outbid the competition with De Ligt both fee and salary, and both of them are near record deals for a defender (let alone a teen one). So yeah times are defenitely different for this Juve.

The Juve that failed to sign Verratti for a measly sum, was also the same Juve that were being rejected by likes of Di Natale.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
+ Ancelotti

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
barcelona and some other clubs were after de ligt. any club would have wanted cr7. both play here.

for an italian, juventus might still be THE top club.
On the contrary, Juventus hasn't been a happy hunting ground for young Italian players off late.

After seeing how Rugani's and Bernardeschi's stints have panned out here, I would imagine a player like Tonali would consider all aspects before making a move. I don't think it is as clear cut as people like to say. Juventus is a huge draw for Italian players but that doesn't players will unconditionally sign for the club without looking at all aspects in terms of career prospects.

But as Osman pointed out, considering the state of our midfield right now, Tonali might still in the end take his chance and fancy becoming a starter here within a short space of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)