Lazio-Milan (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
now lucky inter may even go top..at least milan dropped points away from home..and to probably the 5th best team in the league. We dropped points at home plus against a weaker opponent

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
now lucky inter may even go top..at least milan dropped points away from home..and to probably the 5th best team in the league. We dropped points at home plus against a weaker opponent
That is a team that definetly doesn't deserve to be number one.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
even though i'm a milan fan, i'm glad they drew.
1. its better for juve ;)
2. Give lazio some hope for better competition later on.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
All eyes were on Alessandro Nesta as he stepped back into the Stadio Olimpico for the first time since pulling on the Rossoneri shirt.

The die-hard fans held up a banner bemoaning the lack of a proper goodbye and during the game he was booed by a section of the supporters.

As there is a crucial Champions' League trip to Bayern Munich midweek Milan opted to rest Manuel Rui Costa and Andrea Pirlo in favour of Rivaldo's first Serie A start.

It was also a personal affair for the Inzaghi brothers as Filippo and younger sibling Simone faced off.

The opening goal, however, came from a wholly unexpected source. On six minutes Paolo Maldini rose to nod in a Rivaldo free kick and give Milan an early lead. The captain had also netted last week against Perugia and seems to have found a new lease of life this season.

Lazio fought back immediately and only a desperate Massimo Ambrosini clearance prevented Giuseppe Pancaro from scoring from close range. Soon after Stefano Fiore provided Dejan Stankovic with a magnificent backheel pass, but the Yugoslav was just offside.

Sinisa Mihajlovic has given Lazio a new dimension with his free kicks and when Dida failed to reach his set-piece Claudio Lopez volleyed inches over the bar.

There was controversy on 15 minutes when Simone Inzaghi was brought down on the edge of the box and Lucas Castroman scored, but the referee had already stopped play to award the free kick. On the resulting set-piece Jaap Stam's effort thumped the inside of the near post and went out again.

Simone Inzaghi really should have scored from close range on 23 minutes, but he hit the Lopez centre too hard.

Milan also had the opportunity to double their lead when Angelo Peruzzi was at full stretch to fingertip another Rivaldo free kick over the bar.

Carlo Ancelotti reintroduced Andrea Pirlo for the second half, but after Massimo Ambrosini's close-range effort was blocked it was Lazio who deservedly drew level.

Dario Simic was able to cut off Stankovic's run, but Claudio Lopez was left unmarked to turn in from six yards. This was the first goal conceded by Milan so far this season in Serie A.

Manuel Rui Costa was thrown on to return to the line-up that has done so well in recent weeks. The Rossoneri perked up and on 66 minutes Angelo Peruzzi made a stunning reaction save on Ambrosini's diving header.

Nesta was forced off twelve minutes from time - to a chorus of booing - due to cramp.

Both sides tried to win the game until the last minute, but there was controversy when Ambrosini was shown a straight red card for a late challenge on Stankovic. Milan held on for their fifth consecutive draw in this Stadium.

Lazio: Peruzzi; Stam, Mihajlovic, Couto, Pancaro (Cesar 57); Castroman (Baggio 62), Giannichedda, Stankovic, Fiore (Corradi 78); S Inzaghi, Lopez

Milan: Dida; Simic, Nesta (Laursen 78), Maldini, Kaladze; Gattuso (Pirlo 46), Seedorf, Rivaldo, Ambrosini; F Inzaghi, Tomasson (Rui Costa 57)

Ref: Rosetti

Sent off: Ambrosini 89 (Milan)
----------------------------
FootballItalia
----------------------------
Did Sinisa manage to play well, too? Befor the match he was viewed as a weak-spot, was he or did he surprise?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
1-1 Milan is not so powerful after all then....they were playing with ten men of course which makes it more than an acceptable result for them I guess...

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
.....but only for the last couple of moments of the game...

"Ambrosini was sent off in the final seconds for a late challenge but Milan survived injury time with ten men and maintain their top spot in Serie A with seven points from three games. "

Goleador

Sep 10, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
That is a team that definetly doesn't deserve to be number one.
Winning without playing well is a useful trait, so if Inter can tune up their performances, then they look to have a promising season ahead. :)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Lazio is simply the best. They played the most entertaining an italian club has played this season. And guess what, they played so entertaining against the side that was said to be one of the if not the most entertaining in the world.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
I agree with u Kiran, they're very powerful. Their wingers were very active. Lazio has so many chances. Stankovic (this man is great! ;)) Simone Inzaghi and Fiore looked very comfortable with their team.....Very true, it was very entertaining game :).
1 point for Milan means that Juve could be on top tonight!:extatic: I hope :)

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #59
    I knew it .. Milan couldn't win at the Olympico :devil: .. anyway, it was a highly entertaining match that I enjoyed very much, Lazio missed alot of chances infront of goal and werent lucky to get away with the 3 points .. Stam's 'rocket' free-kick comes to mind .. anyway, am sure we'll get to see more of these entertaining matches in Serie A !! It's just the beggining .. baby :)

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++

Apparently the most important thing in the world, eh?;)

well Sivori on abu dhabi sports where i get 2 watch all serie a matches they have this prediction thingi if u get 9 out of 9 right u will get 100,000 $ 8 out of 9 10,000 $ 7 out of 9 1000 $ n i predicted a win 4 juve as well as milan but i lost both the matches me don think me will get the rest of the matches correct 2day :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)