Lawyers, Legal, Law... (2 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Well if you're a lawyer and see it as a difficulty or a problem then tough luck isn't it, you wouldn't be a lawyer...

What you think of morality of getting a person out of guilt by searching for loopholes in the law? Is that morally correct too? Not only you are putting a criminal back to the society but you are exploiting the system that is there for well being of that society.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well if you're a lawyer and see it as a difficulty or a problem then tough luck isn't it, you wouldn't be a lawyer...

What you think of morality of getting a person out of guilt by searching for loopholes in the law? Is that morally correct too? Not only you are putting a criminal back to the society but you are exploiting the system that is there for well being of that society.
When the breach is significant enough to allow a murderer to walk free (which virtually never happens), I'd choose to let him walk, yes. There are certain rights and freedoms you cannot allow to be touched.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Don't see the difficulty myself.

The defence lawyer, even if 'defending' a guilty client, is merely playing a role in guaranteeing a fair trial.
Fair trial, I have no experiences with trials in western eu or usa, but here a fair trial would be something to behold in most cases. 'Top' Lawyers do everything to win a case even helping even if indirectly to bribe and scheme to victory. To me that is evil as can be.

- - - Updated - - -

When the breach is significant enough to allow a murderer to walk free (which virtually never happens), I'd choose to let him walk, yes. There are certain rights and freedoms you cannot allow to be touched.
I didn't understood, if you could help a killer walk through some sort of loophole you would help and let him walk free? If so what is this right and freedom that I am missing?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I didn't understood, if you could help a killer walk through some sort of loophole you would help and let him walk free? If so what is this right and freedom that I am missing?
There are no loopholes. If a murderer walks away free, regardless of being guilty, it's because someone made a huge mistake. A cop wiretapping someone without permission to do so for example.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And that warrants him walking free? If there is a process mistake by some dufus it warrants a killer that murdered 7 families 3 cats 1 dog walk free and you would be ok with it?

If you had a choice between overlooking this mistake done by lazy or stupid person in how he was caught or how the pre trial material was gathered and point out in the trial so that this serial killer (who told you he killed them and will kill again once he gets out) could walk free and sit in jail you would choose to be 100% professional lawyer and defend the guy?

I know this is hypothetical situation but you said you would let the killer walk just because of some processes and beuracracy, I don't get that.

I'm actually wasn't talking murder in the first place, there are many things that can be done through loopholes while destroying property, hard work of other people.

That never happens.

There are loopholes in tax law I suppose. Whether or not you use those is a moral issue I've never faced.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I have sadly quite a few experiences where I definitely know that the defendends are guilty... Not saying there are no cases where an innocent person is charged though, just that there are many instances where a lawyer knows and still defends a guilty party, which is morally fucked up imo.
Giving the accused their deserved defense is morally fucked up?

- - - Updated - - -

And that warrants him walking free? If there is a process mistake by some dufus it warrants a killer that murdered 7 families 3 cats 1 dog walk free and you would be ok with it?

If you had a choice between overlooking this mistake done by lazy or stupid person in how the killer was caught or how the pre trial material was gathered and to point it out in the trial so that this serial killer (who told you he killed them and will kill again once he gets out) could walk free instead of sitting in jail you would choose to be 100% professional lawyer and defend the guy?

I know this is hypothetical situation but you said you would let the killer walk just because of some processes and beuracracy, I don't get that.

I'm actually wasn't talking murder in the first place, there are many things that can be done through loopholes while destroying property, hard work of other people.
Isn't this an indictment of a system rather than a profession? Damn dude, why does your court system have so many loopholes in the first place?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Giving the accused their deserved defense is morally fucked up?

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't this an indictment of a system rather than a profession? Damn dude, why does your court system have so many loopholes in the first place?
Why? I have no idea why here it's so fucked up, just today I came back from :D

Fuck that, I think people that kill rape or do anything similar should not deserve defense. I know it's not that simple, but ideally. And I would not defend and not let the killer walk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)