Lawyers, Legal, Law... (1 Viewer)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Isn't this an indictment of a system rather than a profession? Damn dude, why does your court system have so many loopholes in the first place?
This.

- - - Updated - - -

Every single person having access to a defendant and a fair trial are simply among the fundamentals of any fair jurisdictional system. And I mean everyone, even the likes of Breivik.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Has anyone watched Making a Murder series/documentary?

@Seven Have you read or I assumer you know the story of the Steven Avvery's case?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

@Seven Have you read or I assumer you know the story of the Steven Avvery's case?
Saw it last month. Pretty frustrating. Guy could be guilty of the crime, but the trial was a farce.

Felt more sorry for Brendan.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Yeah, I've seen it.

It was ridiculous on so many levels. They really ought to give this guy a new trial. Dassey's case is even worse imo..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Saw it last month. Pretty frustrating. Guy could be guilty of the crime, but the trial was a farce.

Felt more sorry for Brendan.
I finished watching it yesterday, can't believe how the trial went even though Steven's lawyers did very good job.

Brendan is mentally not mature enough at least for his age and has some serious issues I can't believe they didn't take all these into considerations.

I think too many are involved in this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I finished watching it yesterday, can't believe how the trial went even though Steven's lawyers did very good job.

Brendan is mentally not mature enough at least for his age and has some serious issues I can't believe they didn't take all these into considerations.

I think too many are involved in this.

You can't interrogate a retarded kid without the presence of an attorney. And shit just gets weird if the kid's own public defender is setting him up.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah, I've seen it.

It was ridiculous on so many levels. They really ought to give this guy a new trial. Dassey's case is even worse imo..
Do you think the Police are involved? What did you make of the story that they found the key in Steven's room in the 3rd or 4th day search? How does it sound? And how do you think Steven's lawyers were?

- - - Updated - - -

You can't interrogate a retarded kid without the presence of an attorney. And shit just gets weird if the kid's own public defender is setting him up.
Never thought this could be so fvcked up on so many levels specially in the States. How can your own public defender trap you? Not even in Saudi you'd see this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Do you think the Police are involved? What did you make of the story that they found the key in Steven's room in the 3rd or 4th day search? How does it sound? And how do you think Steven's lawyers were?
Well, I don't know enough details of the case to know if the police were involved. But it sure looked weird. What disturbs me most is that so many mistakes were made and that these mistakes were so basic that they don't allow to say for sure that Avery did it. If that's the case, it's easy. The guy should have walked.

Avery's lawyers looked decent enough, but they were fighting a battle they were always going to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Never thought this could be so fvcked up on so many levels specially in the States. How can your own public defender trap you? Not even in Saudi you'd see this.
I don't understand why there has been no sanction towards this guy.

Also some of the garbage that comes out of Kratz's mouth cannot be forgiven. At one point he literally says: "Reasonable doubt is for the innocent". I mean, come on, at least try to look professional, dude.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well, I don't know enough details of the case to know if the police were involved. But it sure looked weird. What disturbs me most is that so many mistakes were made and that these mistakes were so basic that they don't allow to say for sure that Avery did it. If that's the case, it's easy. The guy should have walked.

Avery's lawyers looked decent enough, but they were fighting a battle they were always going to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why there has been no sanction towards this guy.

Just explain to me something, the Judge who was always present in the court listening and watching both side's arguments, he takes the final decision? Or the Jury that consists of I don't know 7-8 individuals vote if he's guilty or not and then the judge decides how many years?

I still don't really understand I am not even a lawyer and it boils me that they convict someone without scientific evidence and everything was presented crystal clear in the court but he was still sentenced to life in prison. I mean he could be guilty yes but from what I know is that if you can't prove it then you walk away.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just explain to me something, the Judge who was always present in the court listening and watching both side's arguments, he takes the final decision? Or the Jury that consists of I don't know 7-8 individuals vote if he's guilty or not and then the judge decides how many years?

I still don't really understand I am not even a lawyer and it boils me that they convict someone without scientific evidence and everything was presented crystal clear in the court but he was still sentenced to life in prison. I mean he could be guilty yes but from what I know is that if you can't prove it then you walk away.

The jury decides if he is guilty or not. If I'm not mistaken in the states it is then up to the judge to decide how many years.

@swag thinks nothing bad happened here, because you know, he hates Netflix.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The jury decides if he is guilty or not. If I'm not mistaken in the states it is then up to the judge to decide how many years.

@swag thinks nothing bad happened here, because you know, he hates Netflix.
I just don't confuse binge-watching entertainment for due process of a legal/justice system. :pado:

And I don't hate Netflix. I just think it's incongruous how people consider it as something of a premium service when clearly the design is more for the bargain bin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)