Laudrup at Juve (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Didn't really get on that well with Platini but he still remains imo one of the best players to have ever come outta Europe and one of the most underrated players ever

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Laudrup at Juve was a total disaster :yuck: , if I rember well he didn't even score a goal with the blak and white jersey... It is still rembered like a real failure! He still a grat player but in Juve everything went wrong with him... can happen like Kluivert in Milan, Berkamp in Inter and many many others example...

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++
it's sad how Brian stole the show all the time...both were arguably two of Scadinavia's greatest players ever
If you are implying that Brian had a better career or was a better player, then surely you must be kidding

Michael was simply supreme, and if i am not mistaken he was voted the best foreigner in Spain not like Brian who shone in Rangers and was also a mini disaster in Italy as he did vey little in Fiorentina and even less at Milan

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
IMO Laudrup has been a great player not only in Spain or in tne national team, but made a lot at Juve too. Even though he was so young when he arrived in italy, that Juve loan him at Lazio for a couple of seasons to get more experience, when he finally joined Juve he was one of the many heroes of Trapattoni' squad that so brilliant performed all around the world, not to forget was his goal (one of the most terrific goals i ever had the pleasure to admire) who gave us the Intercontinentale Cup at the last minute :)

OP

Dante

Sep 8, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    Did a little research myself. He scored 35 goals for Juve in 152 matches.:eek:

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
    who doesn't remember laudrup in juve? miky was a terrific player! I remember a wonderful gol against milan (at san siro) that gave us scudetto in 1986 when Roma lost at home against lecce....wow..lovely times when LEROI MICHEL used to play here....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Platinì ] ++
    not to forget was his goal (one of the most terrific goals i ever had the pleasure to admire) who gave us the Intercontinentale Cup at the last minute :)
    That was indeed a good one :touched:

Cleverpetey

Sep 15, 2002
    A friend of mine read Michael Laudrups autobiography.
    The book stated, that Laudrup didn not move to Juventus directly.
    Instead, it said, that he moved to Lazio - which, at the time, was Juventus' 2nd team, only to move up to the first team, being Juventus.

Is this really true?

Platinì

Sep 23, 2002
    I feel like I have to answer this question, at least for my nick :)

Juve bought Laudrup and loan him at Lazio for the first 2 years,
    this is true.
    But this doesn't mean that Lazio was Juve' 2nd team.
    Like nowadays Bologna isn't just because we loaned him Brighi, or Piacenza for Maresca, or Modena for Sculli, or Verona for Max Vieri or Arsenal for Carini....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)