Latest National Epidemic (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Jugs of Pee appear to be a national epidemic, although reports continue to emanate chiefly from the West. The littering of highways with urine-filled plastic bottles is traditionally linked to weak bladdered long-haul rig drivers, despite official denials by trucker trade associations.

Now authorities suspect a crossover into the general driving population, judging by the amount of bottles surprising road crews. Crews in southeastern Washington state reported over 1,000 bottles in a one month period for a 100 mile section of highway.

The bottles are predominantly plastic beverage containers from convenience stores -- milk, juice, etc. Capped and thrown from a moving vehicle, some retain their seal. In the summer heat, urine bottles build up pressure and when nudged by a clean-up crew may explode, or be spun into the air by lawnmower blades.

In recent years, states have added laws to the books to punish pee tossers. In 1999, North Dakota opted not to post urine bottle fine signs on all its highways -- the state legislature decided it would hurt an already poor state image.

Truck drivers officially condemn the practice, and feel they have been unfairly stained with accusations and innuendo. But then there's the case of the big rig driver found dead in a one-vehicle accident in Utah, his pants down around his knees and an open plastic bottle of urine on the cab floor....

California had insisted in the past that it didn't have much of a problem, citing plentiful fast food restrooms as deterrents. Yet one Adopt-a-Highway Safety Bulletin from that state addresses Urine Bottle handling for clean-up volunteers, noting "report the urine to Caltrans... Sometimes people use unclosed, recyclable containers for urine disposal. If your group takes home recyclable items for redemption, please use caution. Resist the temptation to empty containers of unknown liquids." Other state Adopt-a-Highway programs in the west caution volunteers to leave the urine-filled bottles for the pros.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ah shit, i spilled it all over ma monitor man! i tried to pass it to u...did u try to try me man?...:D ;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i brused my fingures from trying to extend my hand through the monitor :dazed:
    any other ideas?!

try emailing it!....if you wrap it in a Zip-lock attachment, you shouldn't get caught!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The Adopt-a-Highway program is the craziest thing I've ever heard of. In fact, I thought it was all made up on Seinfeld.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)