Larsson to Portugal (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I'm happy to announce that Henrik Larsson finally made up his mind and decided to play for Sweden in Portugal this summer. It seems like he really wants to play, I guess he just waited so that he wouldn't have to play all the boring qualification games. Pretty lame but hey he has done so much for Sweden anyway.
My hopes for us to advance to the quarterfinals has rose a lot after this. Now we have one of the best attacks in the whole tournament, Zlatan and Henrik are two brilliant players and I hope and think they will match each other very well.
Well, certainly a happy day for us Swedes but also for those who like to see good football.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
That's kind of unfair, isn't it? He misses all of the qualifiers but just because his name if Larsson he can say "I want to play, I'm going to Portugal" and force his way into the first team at the expense of someone who actually toiled long and hard to ensure that their country would be going to the Portuguese finals. I guess I see it differently because I'm speaking from a neutral point of view and not a Swedish one, but still...

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    It is definetly unfair, but we have seen similar things in hockey so it has become kind of okay. It would probably not have been accepted if it was about another player like Zlatan or Ljungberg.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Damn, Sweden is in the same group as the Azzuri...
    Our defenders must watch out for this Larsson guy... :D

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    As a Celtic and Larsson fan I'd like to say thanks to Henrik for all the great times he's given to the Bhoys.

For the record, I understand that he did actually play in one qualifier when Sweden had an injury crisis, and that the powers that be at Sweden have been asking him constantly to re-join the squad. Perhaps he sees this as his swan song to world football, as it's possible he may return to Sweden at the end of this season to enter semi-retirement (to play for the team he started in football as a kid).

So long Henkie...and thanks for the memories

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #20
    Yeah, I think it all depends on how he performs in this years EURO tournament. IF he quits he is stil going to play in the Swedish third league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)