Language Threads (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
Lol. Truth be told I don't understand it either :D
But anyways, I'm quite surprised you don't know what mandarin is (no offense), it's just that I thought it's a very global language considering the population of Chinese people?
can be, but i am not a chinese girl :p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
Mandarin is one of the two languages spoken in China. The other is Cantonese. :)
Cantonese is spoken in Hong Kong btw ;)

++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
Hokkien? What´s that? And I´m pretty sure that there are only two real languages, but yes there´s a lot of dialects.
Actually AFAIK Cantonese is just a dialect too, it's just that it's spoken by so many people given the large population of Hong Kong. Shanghainese is also a fairly widely spoken language

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Cantonese is a dialect,as is Hainanese,Hokkien and Shanghainese.They're mostly spoken in their repective provinces,and yes Cantonese is very widespread in Hong Kong,even more so than Mandarin.

Mandarin isn't a dialect.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Chinese has a variation of reply methods. I can type in a lot of that, but it takes a lot of time.

Oh yea Cantonese is 1 of the most fouled-languages.

So thoe simpliest answer is "hol ar"

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Chinese has a variation of reply methods. I can type in a lot of that, but it takes a lot of time.

Well, Hol ar ;)

:p:p:p

timeover

Nov 6, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

question:
Cantonese and Chinese is different each other completley?:confused:

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
They certainly have the best clubs in Latin America. I want to go to Ibiza to see how it is, but I think Cancun is the best city for clubbing, etc. in this part of the World. There is a new club called The City thats HUGE! it opened in january this year and theyve already had people like 50 Cent, Black Eyed Peas, DJ Sasha , etc. perform there

The only problem I had with the clubs is that the music is too Americanized, if you know what I mean. The best clubs had all this American mainstream music that isnt as good as dance music, but still it was awesome

That's not something to be proud of. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)