Lack of consistency from Lippi might be our undoing (1 Viewer)

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
@ Sunshine: I meant playing Camo consistently. So far, Davids and Camo have looked like they are fighting for a place just to accomodate Appiah.

As for it's inconsistent dropping Trez? Didn't I say we ought to be remove our weak links from our team and build on it? Well I wasn't too focused on Trez then but hey, Micco and DP... feckin awesome duo aye? ;) :thumb:

@ Zizou: Dude, they aren't making sound Juve sound like utter shite. It's the truth that Juve don't really play entertaining football.

"WE did some very good passes and ancona was dizzy with them."

You're just basing it on the Ancona match alone, Hydde. What about other matches? Do we make most of our opponents dizzy with awe?

Nope.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yopu see why we must to give came some minutes in the matches?? ;)

He is good,,,,and we h is in "his day" w can create a lot of chances more...because he is very quick and veru agile to dribble the defenders.

Something that most of our mids dont do very well.

Hey Zambrotta is excelling in amazing levels!!!!! today he had another spectacular match!!

for every bad game, xambrotta do 6 good appearances!. He is just getting better and better.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Softcore it was just against Ancona. The only real match where we suffered this season was against Roma in the last 30 minutes, other than that we had all matches in our hands.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
denco,

It wasn’t me – the issue and material was taken off the mailing list so there goes most of my credit ;) Actually, I think they’ve been doing that way back pre-dating even Maradona’s era. Modern football is increasingly becoming fitness-over-technique but the truth is even with that, Juve’s physical/strength training is considered somewhat brutal. I’ve collected some write-ups in the following thread and the relevant evidence is contributed by respaul right at the end of the page : (http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=98934&perpage=15&pagenumber=7) Will try to move that thread here to share amongst the Juventuz guys.

This constitutes as a major additional obstacle a newbie has to overcome apart from acclimatizing to the usual in tactics etc. One of the most common things you hear about in interviews from new Juve players is a culture shock on how difficult the training is comparatively. Even Nedved, the man who runs in his sleep and the fittest player in the Serie A, conceded that the strength training initially exhausted him. The general thing about taking a steep step-up in that respect is you the dip-before-peak in terms of condition. Along that line, the timing is consistent; take note of how he was absolutely on fire in the 2nd half of his 1st season and in the broader sense, how Juve always finishes strongly. Nedved is an extreme example of the fine physical specimen so his form lasts longer than most (ie last season) in a cycle. I guess you could also extend that to naturally fit players like Appiah and Davids. Given that this structure is unlikely to change, we can only hope the casualty list won’t lengthen any time soon.

s0ftcore,

You just replied to Zizou for me :D I see that you’ve started private tutoring for Lippi on the Venns … good job! If he read this thread and realized the errors of his ways, we’d have put 8 past Real so your next lesson should be getting him acquainted with us :p ;)

Zizou,

With all due respect, Ancona is probably the worst team in the Serie A. The ‘good’ performances (or more accurately, spells in a match) you mentioned are few and far between. Our results so far are a combi of marked improvement in depth and luck. Having watched Roma (pick of the bunch), Lazio, Milan and Parma at their best, we fall more into Inter’s category than theirs for now.

But credit where its due – we did well against Real Sociedad. However, it shouldn’t be lost on people that the result was also dependant on Real’s coach developing the Lippi Syndrome for big matches. We got a glimpse of their real capability in the last quarter when the usual guys Nihat/De Pedro came on.

Pessimist? More like a realist with a touch of pessimism ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
Zizou,

With all due respect, Ancona is probably the worst team in the Serie A. The ‘good’ performances (or more accurately, spells in a match) you mentioned are few and far between. Our results so far are a combi of marked improvement in depth and luck. Having watched Roma (pick of the bunch), Lazio, Milan and Parma at their best, we fall more into Inter’s category than theirs for now.
Oh God. The spells you mention usually last from the 1st minute to the 65/70th minute (Except for the Bologna match). It's in the last 20 minutes were we lack the concentration. Last night after the match, it was being discussed with Lippi this issue of letting in too many goals in the last 20 minutes and after a lengthy discussion it was general opinion that it's cos Juve score many goals early on and then they relax and take it easy.

Lazio are not playing well and Parma depend on Adriano so don't tell me they play better. Roma against us played better in the last 30 mintues while we played better in the first 60 minutes.

Yeah we don't play like Real Madrid in terms of spectacular matches but we are definitely not on Inter's and Liverpool's level. And don't forget that most of the teams we played against in Serie A are teams that close down with all men behind the ball so it's extremely difficult to create chances.

But credit where its due – we did well against Real Sociedad. However, it shouldn’t be lost on people that the result was also dependant on Real’s coach developing the Lippi Syndrome for big matches. We got a glimpse of their real capability in the last quarter when the usual guys Nihat/De Pedro came on.
Lippi cannot do anything right eh? And Sociedad would have defeated us if Nihat and DE Pedro had played from the start? :rolleyes:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Lippi cannot do anything right eh? And Sociedad would have defeated us if Nihat and DE Pedro had played from the start? :rolleyes:
Probably they would have Made life much harder for us. till now i am still shocked and surprised why didn't Nihat and De Pedro start, specially the former who is considered their best player.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Oh God. The spells you mention usually last from the 1st minute to the 65/70th minute (Except for the Bologna match). It's in the last 20 minutes were we lack the concentration. Last night after the match, it was being discussed with Lippi this issue of letting in too many goals in the last 20 minutes and after a lengthy discussion it was general opinion that it's cos Juve score many goals early on and then they relax and take it easy.

Lazio are not playing well and Parma depend on Adriano so don't tell me they play better. Roma against us played better in the last 30 mintues while we played better in the first 60 minutes.

Yeah we don't play like Real Madrid in terms of spectacular matches but we are definitely not on Inter's and Liverpool's level. And don't forget that most of the teams we played against in Serie A are teams that close down with all men behind the ball so it's extremely difficult to create chances.
I never did talk about the complete capitulation in the last 20mins so its irrelevant. The spells I talk about are usually extended mediocrity rescued by flashes of individual brilliance.

Bologna and Olympiakos come to mind as particularly sh!te ones. Galatasary makes for good sedation. Chievo and Roma gave us a game and more than a scare. Empoli and Ancona were simply helpless.

Lazio has a flow to their football that we simply don't.

Whoever said anything about Real Madrid? What I said was we're better than Inter in terms of play but not by much. That particular instance was sparked by your denial of us hoofing the ball, which we happen to do quite often.

Let's run down the Serie A match list,

1. (Roma, Chievo) 2 of the most attacking-minded teams in the Serie A.
2. (Empoli, Ancona) teams which were simply helpless even if they tried.
3. Reggina wasn't all that negative.
4. Only Bologna could pass off as one.

That's 1/6 and you call that 'most of the teams who put all their men behind the ball'?

I said we played pretty well didn't I? Lippi DOES cock up in big matches and that's exactly what happened to Real Sociedad, no? Didn't the Spaniards make it easier for us than it would have been if they hadn't abandoned their gameplan? Again, who said ANYTHING about them beating us otherwise? Don't take everything as a personal attack against Lippi coz it isn't.

Look, there's no need to get so defensive. You prefer to see it half-full while I see causes for half-empty. Take the positives for all their worth but they don't cover the negatives to the extent that we can close our eyes, clap our hands and forget about them.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Empoli, Ancona, Reggina and Bologna are all teams that play men behind the ball. They're teams which we rarely defeat by more than 2 goals. In Italy for the big teams it's usually easier to play against the bigger teams as they give you more space to play.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++

Lazio has a flow to their football that we simply don't.
You're saying that our plays didn't have flow against RS?! Think about all the goals scored. I think they had a certain degree of flow there...

Look, there's no need to get so defensive.
:LOL: you made a funny without even knowing it :howler:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
And you're over rating Lazio. They do not posses flowing football and even against the small teams they hardly impressed.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

You're saying that our plays didn't have flow against RS?! Think about all the goals scored. I think they had a certain degree of flow there...

:LOL: you made a funny without even knowing it :howler:
I thought I mentioned we played well against RS and I assumed that was implicit enough without having to spell everything out :cool:

Yes, the advantage of a 3rd person perspective :D

Zizou, Lazio do have problems this season. But if I'd hold that against the unit Mancini moulded them into over his reign, I definitely see where you're coming from with regards to Juve.

A little stereotype here on smaller teams. And yes, there's more room for attacking maneouvres against the big fishes. That's the same space afforded for teams equally if not more adept at attacking. Well, I don't know how much easier it is to play against them when your defence is under such pressure. It certainly doesn't often translate into a proportionally high scoreline.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I htink Slack is underating a bit Juve´s performances.

9 wins out of 10 cannot by achieved by pure luck and spells and magic.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
9 WINS out of 10 and the other one is a DRAW! that is a very impressive result after 3cl games and 6 Serie a games. We are topping the serie a and are comfortablly ahead in our cl table. LIPPI is an absolute genius. I think our attack this year is VERY STRONG. each game we have scored an ave. of 2+ goals. THat is very good for juve, compared to the way people have stereotyped juve. i hate it when commentators say that no team in the world other than juve can hold on to a 1 - 0 lead. it is flattering yet dissapointing at the same time. BUT THIS SEASON JUVE IS FIGHTING BACK AT CRITICS and proving that they can play elegant flowing football and score lots of goals. however, this season our defense has some minor issues. I think our defense has too much height and not enough speed.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Considering our only draw of the season came against Roma, i think we're playing v. well this season. Sure, some of our results didn't come comfortably, but the fact that we can win under pressure is a good thing :D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Considering our only draw of the season came against Roma, i think we're playing v. well this season. Sure, some of our results didn't come comfortably, but the fact that we can win under pressure is a good thing :D
I am sorry but why is drawing at home to a team that came 8th last season a good result? If you are Italian champions 2 seasons in a row and cl finalists the previous season, you have to send out a lesson to your rivals that you mean business and in so doing you have to beat them.
In England , only Arsenal do not believe Man united are a better team
Whilst in Italy, Milan don't think so, neither do Lazio, nor Inter nor Roma, they just think we have the strongest mentality and of cos the referess favour us, not because we play the better football and thats what Slack is going on about
And when I read fellow Juve supporters saying they are happy to draw at home with Roma then thats disappointing.
If we play liek we did against Real Soceidad in most games, then I don't think too many ppl would complain but efforst like that and the one against Real Madrid are too few and far between that we get no respect from non juve supporters
The only grudging admiration we get is for grinta and tteam spirit not for entertainment value

the biggest bone of contention is team play vs individual brilliance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)