Lack of consistency from Lippi might be our undoing (1 Viewer)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But you dont remember last season that everyone was whinnin about that formation..and about our lucky resutls in the CL?

now at least we can experiment a little to search for something new.

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i think we only play 442 in the final.. besides that we always between 4312 or 4231....

one of my not so favourite trend these days is Lippi tendency to play 3 DM in midfield... i know davids and Appiah goes to the flank respectively but they are not flair players... as a result we have to slug out a win and sometimes unable to untie defense.. things got worse when DP injured as that left Nedved as our only source of creativity..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i think we only play 442 in the final.. besides that we always between 4312 or 4231....

one of my not so favourite trend these days is Lippi tendency to play 3 DM in midfield... i know davids and Appiah goes to the flank respectively but they are not flair players... as a result we have to slug out a win and sometimes unable to untie defense.. things got worse when DP injured as that left Nedved as our only source of creativity..
yeps i dont like it either..

Aug 1, 2003
lippi is probably unconvincing lately but i say lets put our trust in him for now. its not like he has made some extremely bad decisions, so lets just let him do his thing for now.

and if we dont win the CL, THEN we could smack him in the face and say, "i told you so!"

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Please can you all tell me the players that are been rotated as I fail to see it
The only matches Tacchi has missed is due to injury, Nedved has played in all matches and in what universe is he more creative than Maresca?
Miccolli had appendicitis, Dp is injured, Leggrotalie got injured as well
Davids is obviously out of favour because of contract dispute

Dv is only playing because Dp is injured so the rotation is more or less forced on Lippi
Dont you call this squad rotation? I already stated that Lippi doesnt have much of a choice but to rotate his players. And this has been good to us and must play an important role in the future.

And he would have rotated the squad with or without injuries.

I am talking about the universe that you're in right now. This time, today. Nedved is used each game because we cannot afford NOT to have his creativity in the midfield. Maresca, we can. But maybe in the future he will be as valuable. If they were of equal charactersitics, surely he would get more playing time than just the Reggina game. But i have great confidence in this man.

"In his eyes Dv is inferior to Dp and Trez, Maresca is inferior to Tacchinardi, Nedved is untouchable so where is the equality there?"

And would you want Lippi to state this publicly!? Come on, how far would you go to step on your players' morale? Of course he will tell his players that they are all equal. But they know who really canhold a first team place. If he said this publicly, even he would risk losing his job for lowering the whole squad's morale. The board would surely pin him against the wall if he ever said that "Di Vaio is nothing compares to Del Piero and Trezeguet. He is not as important as the two." Now that would be degrading for some players.

"Inter have played with Cruz, Vieri, Martins and Kallon all starting in various games this season.

In fact Inter rotate more than we do so there should be no argument there at all and they do not have a fisrt team which is part of their problem imo"

Well this is also due to the same reasons we have. Vieri was injured so Martins was given a go. And in one game, Martins had to be rested mid-week so Cuper had to play Kallon and Cruz. And at one time or another, Cuper partners Martins with either Cruz or Kallon, and this is due to Vieri's injury. So I do not understand why you see how the situation works at Inter, and not with us.

In other words, we would have not signed these players over the summer if we were to just stack them up in the bench. These are quality subs, and probably starters if they played for another team.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++

Dont you call this squad rotation? I already stated that Lippi doesnt have much of a choice but to rotate his players. And this has been good to us and must play an important role in the future.

And he would have rotated the squad with or without injuries.

I am talking about the universe that you're in right now. This time, today. Nedved is used each game because we cannot afford NOT to have his creativity in the midfield. Maresca, we can. But maybe in the future he will be as valuable. If they were of equal charactersitics, surely he would get more playing time than just the Reggina game. But i have great confidence in this man.

"In his eyes Dv is inferior to Dp and Trez, Maresca is inferior to Tacchinardi, Nedved is untouchable so where is the equality there?"

And would you want Lippi to state this publicly!? Come on, how far would you go to step on your players' morale? Of course he will tell his players that they are all equal. But they know who really canhold a first team place. If he said this publicly, even he would risk losing his job for lowering the whole squad's morale. The board would surely pin him against the wall if he ever said that "Di Vaio is nothing compares to Del Piero and Trezeguet. He is not as important as the two." Now that would be degrading for some players.

"Inter have played with Cruz, Vieri, Martins and Kallon all starting in various games this season.

In fact Inter rotate more than we do so there should be no argument there at all and they do not have a fisrt team which is part of their problem imo"

Well this is also due to the same reasons we have. Vieri was injured so Martins was given a go. And in one game, Martins had to be rested mid-week so Cuper had to play Kallon and Cruz. And at one time or another, Cuper partners Martins with either Cruz or Kallon, and this is due to Vieri's injury. So I do not understand why you see how the situation works at Inter, and not with us.

In other words, we would have not signed these players over the summer if we were to just stack them up in the bench. These are quality subs, and probably starters if they played for another team.
Who said it works for Inter, I was having a different discussion with Zizou because he stated Inter do not rotate

ROTATION IMO WORKS IF IT IS DONE IN MODERATION AND NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE FEELING SORRY FOR A PARTICULAR PLAYER AND YOU FEEL THE NEED TO PLAY HIM

Nedved has a lot of qualities but I am sorry creativity is not one of them, he does not serve you on a silver platter, he gives you the ball but you have to work hard to convert ulike players liek Aimar Zz Rui Costa, Totti, dp Baggio and so many more gifted players who put the ball where all you have to is finish

I think Maresca is more creative as he would see a pass that Nedved would never see , this does not mean he is better than Nedved just more creative

@ Zizou, you thought it was wise to first of all start with a Boksic Vieri pairing and still persist with it when it was so obvious that it was not working, but instead f taking one of them off for Dp , he took off a defender probably Iuliano , then we become lopsided, then he finally takes off Vieri and brings on that great saviour Amoruso

Against Real Madrid, what was the point in bringing on Tacchinardi, to come and do what when we were 1 goal down and I didn't think Di livio ought to have started that game

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Di Livio was at his best during that year ;) I think what you're saying regarding those two finals are just subjective opinions to who you wanted not to who might have been better for the team ;)

Anyway regarding this rotation, this is what Lippi just said in the news coference:

All This Morality Is Ridiculous - Lippi

Marcello Lippi finds the fuss generated by the Zambrotta case, too much. "Every Sunday there are episodes that can advantage or disadvantage you. All this morality is ridiculous; in these cases it's always better not to say anything. Referees know who the simulators are and they can already punish them on the pitch."

Regarding his team's performance, despite of the turnover he adopts, Lippi says, "I'm satisfied by the results as well as by the turnover; involving all the squad elements is fundamental, even if it might go against certain automatisms."

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
No not really, we should never have lost to Dortmund if he made the right selection but he did not nothing to do with whom I would have prefered to play

Di Livio might have been at his best but what has that got to do with anything, by the way Dp or Inzaghi should have been substituted as well as they played horribly

And of course its okay to rest players now and again and he is doing it well but the problem would come in big matches , he had already screwed up once against Roma cos 3 Dms at home is unexplainable to me

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
Dont you guys think all the mistakes (as some of you may consider) Lippi made in the past has made him a much more dangerous tactician than ever?

And Denco, no matter how much we state our points over Nedved or Maresca, we will never meet. It is of your personal choice that Maresca is better than Nedved and it is mine to keep that Nedved is better. In the end, statistics show that Nedved has more assists. He even picked up the prestige of being hailed as UEFA's finest midfielder last year. So this I state to back me up. Your point, taken.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
Dont you guys think all the mistakes (as some of you may consider) Lippi made in the past has made him a much more dangerous tactician than ever?

And Denco, no matter how much we state our points over Nedved or Maresca, we will never meet. It is of your personal choice that Maresca is better than Nedved and it is mine to keep that Nedved is better. In the end, statistics show that Nedved has more assists. He even picked up the prestige of being hailed as UEFA's finest midfielder last year. So this I state to back me up. Your point, taken.
I have nnever said and would never say that Maresca is better than Nedved , all I said is that he is more creative

As for Lippi, I don't think he acknowledges them as mistakes so he would just keep on doing them, its that fear of losing which causes it I am afraid

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
I think he would. Being there that long would have probably given him a knock on the head. Let's hope he's awake and does the necessary changes. It's about time we bring that silverware to Turin.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
IMO, i think when the season is this long, we haveto rotate the squad and the formation accdg to the strenghts and weaknesses of the players involved at that point of time. Keeping a core unit doesnt hurt, but that does not pay off in the long run, no matter how much quality there is in a squad, every player must be made clear he has to earn his place. Which is why Lippi is doing the right thing, and the results even though undeserved in some cases are speaking for themselves. Lippi is a coach who knows is job. And he understands just when Juve ar bound to see a dip in form, i remember his first season after cmg back Juve were in 6th position and he said, they usualyy were slow at that time of the year, and they were infact in a good position he felt, he ended up winning the scudetto, later tht year, which just goes to show he wasnt defending himself, he said it like it was. So the point is, he knows Juve inside out, and exactly what they need, for the final push of the season, to get it right.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
At Denco and Primo: Do you think it would be possible for Nedved and Maresca to play in the same lineup?

I mean since we're on the topic of rotation, we might as well come out with several centre midfield combinations :)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Of course, they already did.

Maresca is extremely versatile and he can, just like Pirlo, play behind the strikers, in central midfield (or even on either side) and in front of the defence as a playmaker.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
This season? Well for 15 minutes against Empoli, from the start against Reggina and in the second half of Bologna.

Obviously the best way to judge them together is against Reggina and they actually did very well (Nedved's second goal came from Maresca's assist).

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
Man, that's awesome. Maresca and Nedved ooze creativity, oh well, but that's on paper. Now put Davids on the left, and Camo on the right and we have a really offensive line up. Haha, but of course that wouldn't work.

Maybe it would work with Appiah on the right. So that would mean a 4-2-2-2 :cool:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
To answer your question Softcore, of course they can and I honestly don't see how Lippi thinks Maresca is more of a sub for nedved as Maresca does not work the flanks , he prefers going through the middle, in fact they share no characterristics i can think of

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
I would love to see them both on the same pitch together.

I really dont know why Lippi doesnt. It would be a very offensive midfield true, and may leave our defensive qualities in midfield questionable. But it may also act as our defense, because continuous attacking would mean that the opposition would always need to stay at bay.

"Your best defense is a good offence, & vice versa"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)