La Squadra Azzurra (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
In this little article of mine I am going to write about what I would do if I was in the shoes of Giovanni Trapattoni. After burning his shoes,I would change tactics. The former Juve and Fiorentina coach is far too defensive. I could understand if he didn't have many attack options,but that is certainly not the case,infact,it's the very opposite.

My formation would be a 4-3-1-2,with a "doppio regista" and a trequartista (similar to what Milan play). The "doppio regista" would be former Italy U-21 captain Andrea Pirlo.

In defence Cannavaro (captain) and Nesta are guaranteed starting places,and either Oddo or Panucci would play to the right of them and Coco/Zauri to the left. Replacements such as Iuliano,Materazzi and the upcoming Danielle Bonera will be used when needed.

My three man midfield would consist of a "doppio regista",being Pirlo,and two battling,hard working warriors like Ambrosini,Zambrotta or Gattuso. Tommasi and Brighi also deserve a mention.

Either Roma idol Francesco Totti or Cristiano Doni of Atalanta would be entrusted with the responsibility of creating chances for the front two,and scoring every now and again too.

If Totti is injured then Alessandro Del Piero might play as a trequartista to allow Inzaghi to partner his good friend Christian Vieri upfront.

At the moment both Del Piero and Inzaghi are in blistering form,and because the former is a better dribbler and a more creative player I would most likely give him the nod.

Starting Lineup :
Buffon - Oddo,Cannavaro,Nesta,Zauri - Zambrotta,Pirlo,Ambrosini - Totti - Vieri,Del Piero

That's all for now guys!! FORZA ITALIA!

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
i say this lineup:

buffon (GK)
coco (RD) pessotto (LD) nesta, canavarro (CD)
Zambrotta (LM) albertini (CM) Tommasi (RM-CM0
Totti (AMC)
Del piero (forward)
vieri (striker)

BENCH:
brighi
cudicini
inzaghi
iuliano
oddo
montella
di biagio

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
After burning his shoes,I would change tactics.
Ouch! don't do it while you're in them. Do it before you take them off him ;)

Other than that, I agree with the lineup :) it's strong and doesn't really have any holes

although i miss maldini :frown:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
_______________Buffon______________

Zauri___Cannavaro___Nesta_______Coco

____Zambrotta__DiBiagio__Doni________

________________Totti_______________

_________Montella____DelPiero________

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
_______________Buffon______________

Zauri___Cannavaro___Nesta_______Coco

____Zambrotta__DiBiagio__Doni________

________________Totti_______________

_________Montella____DelPiero________

So I guess Vieri doesnt exist, huh ???? Maybe you think he should be out getting the starters cappuccino or something

Put DP in Totti's spot, and put MIGHTY VIERI in as a striker

Also, Ambrosini could replace any of those 3 at midfield

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
after that terrible miss in the world cup, you are right, vieri doesn't exist. Montella is far better than Vieri anyway, he has more skill, better technique, whereas Vieri is just a big powerhouse

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
how can he missed that chance? i still don't understand.
di vaio can be good too.

i want to change my linup- inzaghi starting eleven and vieiri goes to the bench. in that form no one can stop inzaghi.

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
don't u think pippo dosen't play that well for the azzuri when "push comes to shove" or whens its a big pressure game?

surely trap has his resons for playin vieri god knows wot they are that makes him pick vieri over di vaio, montella, inzaghi, but he surely would have his reasons.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I thought of this formation as i feel every team should play to their strengths and maximise what they have

With that in mind Italy imo have no decent wingers so i have decided not to pick any and instead did what Brazil have always done, pick attacking full backs who will hopefully provide width

Also Italy thogh have excellent defenders, i do not know any which can bring the ball out of defence and start an attack the way the great Baresi could so i have decided to put a midfielder just in front of the defence

A 3 man defence was ideal with Maldini, Canna and nesta but now imo there is not a suitable enuff replacement for Maldini at this point in time and if there is , I ma yet to see him, so I have gone for a flat back 4 instead

The strikers well Inzaghi is on fire and Vieri is always reliable and like him or hate him Totti is still one of the best attacking midfielders but i will not like Trapatoni make him the be all and end all of the team, Dp, Nesta, Albertini and Vieri will have to share that role with him

so here goes

-------------------------------Buffon----------------------------

-----Oddo---------Nesta----------------Cannavaro----------------Zauri---

-------------------------------Albertini------------------------------

==========Fiore/Doni----------------Ambrosini-----------

--------------------------------Totti--------------------------

----------------------------Vieri/Inzaghi--------------DelPiero

Subs Toldo
Coco
Bonera
Iuliano
Zambrotta
Zanetti
Pirlo
Brighi
Manfredini
tomassi
Divaio
Montella

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I like your team denco, particularly the back five is very good. Also like the fact that you manage to fit Doni, Totti and Del Piero into your team, like I did.

However I think there are two players you have overlooked, which are Coco and Luigi Di Biagio

Di Biagio I think was one of few Italian players that performed well, a great holding midfield player, gets the ball and plays it simple, just as a player in his position should do.

Coco, I think was unfairly left out of the starting team in the world cup, as panucci was brought in. When he came on as a sub, he showed much promise, in his pace and willing to get forward, he could be a powerful weapon.

But then again i have seen little of Oddo, so he maybe is as good

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
---------------------Buffon
---------Canna----Nesta---Coco
-------------------Ambrosini
---Zambro----------------------Doni
-------------Pirlo
-----------------------------DP
-----------Vieri----------Di vaio

1. fvck totti, screw him
2. same goes to Tomassi, gatusso and di biagio

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Paolo M , Coco plays on the left while Oddo plays on the right , but to be honest after the wc and subsequent matches, i lost respect for Panucci , so won't consider at all any more

Coco to be honest , I am not totally enamoured by, he is good but nothing special, and Zauri impressed me against Slovenia with the quality of his crossings which gives him the edge over Coco

Di Biagio is not as good as Albertini in the role i have allocated, because he is a great passer of the ball, whilst Dibiagio is sometimes too ambitious with his passes, and as for the terrier in the midfield i felt Ambrossini has more than the others the ability to work hard and still add quality to the team, something distinctly lacking in Gatusso's play

The rest well Doni and Fiore work hard which ppl overlook and we all know their quality with the ball, while Totti will provide the quality balls to the forwards and he can switch positions with Dp as they are interchangeable

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
after that terrible miss in the world cup, you are right, vieri doesn't exist. Montella is far better than Vieri anyway, he has more skill, better technique, whereas Vieri is just a big powerhouse
This probably explains why you dont like Baggio too much.

Without starting a big debate (again !!!), hasnt DP missed in the past ??

No one is perfect, they ALL have missed some that should have been easy goals

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I thought of this formation as i feel every team should play to their strengths and maximise what they have

With that in mind Italy imo have no decent wingers so i have decided not to pick any and instead did what Brazil have always done, pick attacking full backs who will hopefully provide width

Also Italy thogh have excellent defenders, i do not know any which can bring the ball out of defence and start an attack the way the great Baresi could so i have decided to put a midfielder just in front of the defence

A 3 man defence was ideal with Maldini, Canna and nesta but now imo there is not a suitable enuff replacement for Maldini at this point in time and if there is , I ma yet to see him, so I have gone for a flat back 4 instead

The strikers well Inzaghi is on fire and Vieri is always reliable and like him or hate him Totti is still one of the best attacking midfielders but i will not like Trapatoni make him the be all and end all of the team, Dp, Nesta, Albertini and Vieri will have to share that role with him

so here goes

-------------------------------Buffon----------------------------

-----Oddo---------Nesta----------------Cannavaro----------------Zauri---

-------------------------------Albertini------------------------------

==========Fiore/Doni----------------Ambrosini-----------

--------------------------------Totti--------------------------

----------------------------Vieri/Inzaghi--------------DelPiero

Subs Toldo
Coco
Bonera
Iuliano
Zambrotta
Zanetti
Pirlo
Brighi
Manfredini
tomassi
Divaio
Montella
Sorry Denco, but Albertini has joined the same club as Baggio- never to be called by Trap again (lets hang Trap !!!!)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well Vinman this is not what i think Trap will pick as that will never happen, its just what i wold love Italy to use

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

This probably explains why you dont like Baggio too much.

Without starting a big debate (again !!!), hasnt DP missed in the past ??

No one is perfect, they ALL have missed some that should have been easy goals
1.I don't dislike baggio at all
2.Yes, but only when he's been suffereing the effects of injury. he's never missed a complete sitter when fit and on form (as Vieri was in the wc)
3.That miss was absolutely terrible, and at such a crucial time, he should have won the game, yet everyone is blaming the ref, when vieri could have won it anyway with a tap-in

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
In every squad there are 23 players or at least 22 and you are allowed to have all your players on the bench, this is not club football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)