La Liga 2018/19 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2013
Its a disgraceful move by Griezmann; however, undoubtedly his legacy will take a huge bump if he were to be a success at Barca. Keep in mind he has not won a single League or CL title since joining Atleti ad if he were to do so at Barca as the main protagonist he could find himself winning a balon d'or.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Its a disgraceful move by Griezmann; however, undoubtedly his legacy will take a huge bump if he were to be a success at Barca. Keep in mind he has not won a single League or CL title since joining Atleti ad if he were to do so at Barca as the main protagonist he could find himself winning a balon d'or.
Messi is still going to overshadow him at Barca for a while

May 23, 2013
Griezmann is the ultimate bottler... if anything, he will miss the crucial goals. Not even trying to counter-jinx here :lol3:
Really an unfair label which has been attached to him. Its attached to him due to his missed penalty vs Madrid in the 2016 final and miss vs Portugal (not the worst miss ever).

Now I view this label as unfair due to that it was Griezmann himself who lead Atletico to the 2016 CL and 2016 Euro Finals. Along the way to the CL final Griezmann scored a double vs CL Champs Barca, the crucial goal vs Bayern in the semis, and scored 7 goals overall. On the route to the Euro Final he was France's best player, scored a double vs World Champions Germany in the semis, and finished the tournaments top scorer. Not to mention he scored in the WC final.

So all in all this choker label which Griezmann has is very unfortunate and I hope that at which ever club he ends up in he mangages to shake the label off similar to Robben.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Robben is not a choker.

Griezmann at Atlético was the star of the team and would always lose vs Ronaldo be it in trophies and personal awards. It was painful to see him all there every time showing up with a sad face seeing Ronaldo lifting them. If he is moving to Barça that is not gonna change, even worse, he will be in Messi's shadow, game over.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo-UEFA.jpg

:confused:

Last edited:
May 23, 2013
Robben is not a choker.

Griezmann at Atlético was the star of the team and would always lose vs Ronaldo be it in trophies and personal awards. It was painful to see him all there every time showing up with a sad face seeing Ronaldo lifting them. If he is moving to Barça that is not gonna change, even worse, he will be in Messi's shadow, game over.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo-UEFA.jpg

Ronaldo had always been at a superior team than Griezmann aside from the 2016 season in which Real scored an offside goal vs Atleti in the final.

Robben was seen as a choker prior to his 2013 CL final goal vs Dortmund. World Cup Final misses, penalty miss vs Chelsea in the 2012 CL final, and his penalty miss in Bundesliga title decider vs Dortmund in the 2011-12 season were responsible for this label.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Ronaldo had always been at a superior team than Griezmann aside from the 2016 season in which Real scored an offside goal vs Atleti in the final.

Robben was seen as a choker prior to his 2013 CL final goal vs Dortmund. World Cup Final misses, penalty miss vs Chelsea in the 2012 CL final, and his penalty miss in Bundesliga title decider vs Dortmund in the 2011-12 season were responsible for this label.

I mean that Robben is not a choker since he performs at the highest level, that is what is expected of him. Griezmann too but if you're holding him the sense of The BEST or Ballon D'Or bound he's definitely a choker.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
So since he has already announced he's leaving I guess his new club is already known? There is a mandatory release clause is Spain right? What's his?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So since he has already announced he's leaving I guess his new club is already known? There is a mandatory release clause is Spain right? What's his?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
125M from what ive read here. And its either barcelona (most liekly), ManU or Paris imo

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Robben is not a choker.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo-UEFA.jpg

That does not make him a choker, Ronaldo is better and Real are way better then Atletico. Its impressive they managed to compete that closely with them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
lol @ griezmann overshadowing Messi
Imo if he is smart he should go to EPL. Can make true legacy there. Man U is a mess and Chelsea banned from signing (and basically weaker then Atletico). Its unorthodox but I suggest he should go to Liverpool and create a winning dynasty in underwhelming Firminos role. Its basically the perfect team to join in top footie if you are superstar who want to elevate your status.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)