La Liga 2017/18 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
La Liga means nothing without Barcelona though. Real would win the majority of the titles and it would all become much less interesting. The sheer amount of money Barca generates will allow them to stay in the league imo.
And have Barcelona move to the French League? I don't think so.
All those reasons do make sense in a football perspective. Although did you notice at what extent Spain went to dismiss the referendum? If they secede this could get ugly imo. Pride and statements might have more weight than reason or at least that's a possibility.

Buy on AliExpress.com

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
All those reasons do make sense in a football perspective. But did you notice at what extent Spain went to dismiss the referendum? If they secede this could get ugly imo. Pride and statements might have more weight than reason or at least that's a possibility.
But as many have seen it, barca is important factor to the whole spanish football and sports as well, and there is the money factor as well... Take out barca and la liga is dead to the mainstream world, how much money would they lose?

Without barca, spain wouldn't win the wc, and seeing how real madrid operate, I doubt they could become like bayern or juve that supported the NT.

Surely they must realize this.

And again I don't see other nations willing to take barca into their top level league as well, the small clubs would riot if their places are robbed from them, and no way barca is going to start from bottom, that's practically kill the club.

This is a lose lose situation for everyone in spanish football, if anything but status quo maintained.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
But as many have seen it, barca is important factor to the whole spanish football and sports as well, and there is the money factor as well... Take out barca and la liga is dead to the mainstream world, how much money would they lose?

Without barca, spain wouldn't win the wc, and seeing how real madrid operate, I doubt they could become like bayern or juve that supported the NT.

Surely they must realize this.

And again I don't see other nations willing to take barca into their top level league as well, the small clubs would riot if their places are robbed from them, and no way barca is going to start from bottom, that's practically kill the club.

This is a lose lose situation for everyone in spanish football, if anything but status quo maintained.
Surely Italy/France/England would jump at the chance of having Barca in their leagues, would create an extra playoff or something for them

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Surely Italy/France/England would jump at the chance of having Barca in their leagues, would create an extra playoff or something for them
And why would any native clubs and their fans would accept it? That's against fair play to the very core of that principle... And since pro footballers equal to workers, this would like seeing you have to suddenly compete at a duel against one of the most elite in the business to stay in your job after you previously on smooth sailing at your job and have earned promotion. Would you accept it? I surely wouldn't.

Unless of course if bribery involved, simply put, there is no way that can work in any fairness principle.

And what if by the way of chance or miracle barca didn't win the play off? throw them to 2nd division? Lower? :rofl: you have opened the pandora box with that plan.

The only way this can happen is if barca goes to MLS or a club went bankrupt or disbanded so barca can take the place, still that goes back to my question, why they instead of the more deserving native clubs? I sure wouldn't accept it if I were them.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
And why would any native clubs and their fans would accept it? That's against fair play to the very core of that principle... And since pro footballers equal to workers, this would like seeing you have to suddenly compete at a duel against one of the most elite in the business to stay in your job after you previously on smooth sailing at your job and have earned promotion. Would you accept it? I surely wouldn't.

Unless of course if bribery involved, simply put, there is no way that can work in any fairness principle.

And what if by the way of chance or miracle barca didn't win the play off? throw them to 2nd division? Lower? :rofl: you have opened the pandora box with that plan.

The only way this can happen is if barca goes to MLS or a club went bankrupt or disbanded so barca can take the place, still that goes back to my question, why they instead of the more deserving native clubs? I sure wouldn't accept it if I were them.
Because it automatically generates a lot of good money for the league and therefore also for the clubs, big and small. Yeah, one specific club would get fucked in the process, but you think anyone would care if Benevento did not get promoted or Crotone would get relegated last season? All of the rest would care much more about the extra money coming their way.

Either way soon they're going to try to pull off 18 team league, do you think SPAL 2013, Benevento and the others will like that they need to finish 15th to survive? Probably not, but will it stop it from happening if the big clubs think it's good for the league? Hell no, one or two clubs interests shouldn't prevail over the good of the league, especially if we're talking about the small clubs which rotate all the time anyways.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Bartomeu: 'Barcelona could leave La Liga'

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu says the cub its members would have to decide which football league to play in if Catalonia gained independence from Spain. Barca played behind closed doors at the Nou Camp on Sunday, beating Las Palmas 3-0 in La Liga as a protest against Spain using force to prevent voters taking part in a banned referendum to decide the region's fate. More than 840 people needed medical attention after riot police clashed with some of those attempting to participate in the controversial vote on secession, which the Spanish government had ruled illegal.

Thee Camp Nou Chief in an interview as reported by Sky Sports on Monday said: "In the case of independence, the club and the members would have to decide in which league we would play," Bartomeu told reporters after a board meeting. "We are going through difficult and complicated moments and with respect to what could happen in the future we will take it on with calm and wisdom."

Catalan sports minister Gerard Figueras last week said Barcelona may be able to play in another country should the region achieve independence from Spain. "In the case of independence, Catalan teams in La Liga Barcelona, Espanyol and Girona will have to decide where they want to play: in the Spanish league or a neighbouring country like Italy, France or the (English) Premier League." he said.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
And looking through some other news, Arsen Wenger says that he prefers Celtic and Rangers to join Premiersheit instead of Barca... :lol::lol::sergio:
He's right would be unfair to them. If anything Barca and friends would prolly live out Juve's dream and move to France

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
He's right would be unfair to them. If anything Barca and friends would prolly live out Juve's dream and move to France
Yes, if any non-english teams were to join the EPL it probably should be the scottish ones, but werent Celtic and Rangers the ones who didnt want to move there in first place, as they feared they are way too inferior to the elite england clubs and would be more involved in bottom half battles rather than fighting for silverware and CL / EL places? I thought that was tha case, probably a decade or so ago...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Bartomeu: 'Barcelona could leave La Liga'

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu says the cub its members would have to decide which football league to play in if Catalonia gained independence from Spain. Barca played behind closed doors at the Nou Camp on Sunday, beating Las Palmas 3-0 in La Liga as a protest against Spain using force to prevent voters taking part in a banned referendum to decide the region's fate. More than 840 people needed medical attention after riot police clashed with some of those attempting to participate in the controversial vote on secession, which the Spanish government had ruled illegal.

Thee Camp Nou Chief in an interview as reported by Sky Sports on Monday said: "In the case of independence, the club and the members would have to decide in which league we would play," Bartomeu told reporters after a board meeting. "We are going through difficult and complicated moments and with respect to what could happen in the future we will take it on with calm and wisdom."

Catalan sports minister Gerard Figueras last week said Barcelona may be able to play in another country should the region achieve independence from Spain. "In the case of independence, Catalan teams in La Liga Barcelona, Espanyol and Girona will have to decide where they want to play: in the Spanish league or a neighbouring country like Italy, France or the (English) Premier League." he said.

I did not know Italy and Spain were neighbouring countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)