La Liga 2017/18 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How would you guys rate this Real Madrid compared to Bayern 2013?
Bayern would run over them

Good point, could easily be. A good coach who can do wonders with the right team and fail with a team that has a different philosophy. I gotta say tho, Zodane is getting the most out of players who don't abide by one system like a lot of P's guys who were born playing the same way.
Zidane is a star team coach. Bring a bunch of stars, you need a guy who's good with tactics, but also has the respect and knows how to motivate and drive them. He's exactly that.

Let him coach a smaller team and you'll see Allegri beeing a better tactician. But no coach in the world will bring out more of spoiled cunt star players as he does. Mourinho can go cry in a corner

May 23, 2013
thats pretty idiotic to say considering the trophee's Ronaldo won and the idiotic amount of clutch goals he scored.
Its quite funny really because I remember back around 2011 people would say Messi only wins these games because of his team (I was one of those) while he was taking the ball from the halfway line and scoring vs the likes of Madrid in the CL semis. Now Ronaldo has by far the best teams in football history who could have won the CL without him and he plays as a poacher yet his fans completely forget about there argument from before.

Well way I see it Messi is the best player while Ronaldo is the best goalscorer/poacher. I truly believe that with the decline of Barca and the emergence of the likes of Asensio at Madrid this year Messi and Ronaldo's era will come to a close.

- - - Updated - - -

Bayern would run over them

Zidane is a star team coach. Bring a bunch of stars, you need a guy who's good with tactics, but also has the respect and knows how to motivate and drive them. He's exactly that.

Let him coach a smaller team and you'll see Allegri beeing a better tactician. But no coach in the world will bring out more of spoiled $#@! star players as he does. Mourinho can go cry in a corner
You know I remember hearing this when Zidane was first hired. He is such a respected Madrid figure that he can control the egos of Ronaldo, Bale, Ramos etc. A man who has no respect in football media such as Rafa Benitez whether he is or isnt a fantastic tactician will never receive their respect. Mourinho saw this also (I remember Ramos calling him a shit defender).

I think Zidane and Madrid are a match made in heaven.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its quite funny really because I remember back around 2011 people would say Messi only wins these games because of his team (I was one of those) while he was taking the ball from the halfway line and scoring vs the likes of Madrid in the CL semis. Now Ronaldo has by far the best teams in football history who could have won the CL without him and he plays as a poacher yet his fans completely forget about there argument from before.

Well way I see it Messi is the best player while Ronaldo is the best goalscorer/poacher. I truly believe that with the decline of Barca and the emergence of the likes of Asensio at Madrid this year Messi and Ronaldo's era will come to a close.

- - - Updated - - -

You know I remember hearing this when Zidane was first hired. He is such a respected Madrid figure that he can control the egos of Ronaldo, Bale, Ramos etc. A man who has no respect in football media such as Rafa Benitez whether he is or isnt a fantastic tactician will never receive their respect. Mourinho saw this also (I remember Ramos calling him a shit defender).

I think Zidane and Madrid are a match made in heaven.
Real Madrid hasent remotely gotten the best football team in history lol. A fit juve would have had 50% change of winning the trophee

May 23, 2013
Real Madrid hasent remotely gotten the best football team in history lol. A fit juve would have had 50% change of winning the trophee
Okay I do agree that we definitely would have had half chance if Pjanic and Mandzukic were fully fit. However most pundits, fans, Perez etc are considering this Madrid fans as one of the best teams in history.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah have been waiting for this for a long time. I wont miss them either.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Okay I do agree that we definitely would have had half chance if Pjanic and Mandzukic were fully fit. However most pundits, fans, Perez etc are considering this Madrid fans as one of the best teams in history.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah have been waiting for this for a long time. I wont miss them either.
My god, then Juve must be an absolutely fantastic team, to completely shut that shit down despite beeing out of form. Untill injuries kicked in that is

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
thats pretty idiotic to say considering the trophee's Ronaldo won and the idiotic amount of clutch goals he scored.
The guy is a dunce.

Ronaldo just a poacher. :lol:

Ronaldo holds the all-time record for both goals and assists in CL history. Ronaldo has 31 assists to Messi's 24.

16 assists in just the last 4 seasons to Messi's 8. And Messi's been playing with Suarez and Neymar, far more prolific goalscorers than Benzema and Bale.

Just a poacher. :lol:

May 23, 2013
The guy is a complete dunce.

Ronaldo just a poacher. :lol:

Ronaldo holds the all-time record for both goals and assists in CL history. Ronaldo has 31 assists to Messi's 24.

16 assists in just the last 4 seasons to Messi's 8. And Messi's been playing with Suarez and Neymar, far more prolific goalscorer than Benzema and Bale.

Just a poacher. :lol:
No point in arguing with an idiot like yourself so this will be my last response. You obviously do not watch these players live if your going to consider Ronaldo of the last 3 season anything more than poacher and actually give weight to the fact that he has more assists than Messi who plays far more deep than Ronaldo.

Also since all you know about football is stats here are videos for you. This guy Gaebba collects every goal, assist, key pass, dribble, tackle, interception, aerial duel won etc of the season. Though Ronaldo's 2017 isnt available yet just compare the two videos.

It really is just incredible that idiots can actually compare the two players :lol:

Lastly I will leave you all with this quote from Cruyff (RIP)

"I've always liked smaller, more technically gifted players because I was one. Cristiano is a great player but he's a goalscorer. He'll never be that creative player you build a team around, the one in charge of how a team plays. His job is the end product, the goal. On the other hand, Messi is much more of a team player: he passes the ball, notches up no end of assists... In my opinion, there is a huge difference between a great player and a goalscorer".

Read more: "Messi vs Ronaldo? You can't build a team around Cristiano Ronaldo" - MARCA.com (English version)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Do you guys think anyone will ever reach Ronaldo and Messi's numbers?
Both played in an era where for the biggest part Serie a was done, germany was shitty except one season and the EPL was sniffing its ass, in the worst area of defending since football became professional.

If they were 16 today, they wouldnt repeat it themselves cause the competition is significantly growing back

- - - Updated - - -

No point in arguing with an idiot like yourself so this will be my last response. You obviously do not watch these players live if your going to consider Ronaldo of the last 3 season anything more than poacher and actually give weight to the fact that he has more assists than Messi who plays far more deep than Ronaldo.

Also since all you know about football is stats here are videos for you. This guy Gaebba collects every goal, assist, key pass, dribble, tackle, interception, aerial duel won etc of the season. Though Ronaldo's 2017 isnt available yet just compare the two videos.

It really is just incredible that idiots can actually compare the two players :lol:

Lastly I will leave you all with this quote from Cruyff (RIP)

"I've always liked smaller, more technically gifted players because I was one. Cristiano is a great player but he's a goalscorer. He'll never be that creative player you build a team around, the one in charge of how a team plays. His job is the end product, the goal. On the other hand, Messi is much more of a team player: he passes the ball, notches up no end of assists... In my opinion, there is a huge difference between a great player and a goalscorer".

Read more: "Messi vs Ronaldo? You can't build a team around Cristiano Ronaldo" - MARCA.com (English version)
Madrid build a team exactly around ronaldo

May 23, 2013
My god, then Juve must be an absolutely fantastic team, to completely shut that $#@! down despite beeing out of form. Untill injuries kicked in that is
Well it seems like your being sarcastic. Im guessing you dont consider Juve a fantastic team? That was one of the most disciplined teams of this era definitely a fantastic team. With more depth we would have won that game imo but Mandzukic was sadly worn out. That is why I can definitely see us pulling off a CL win this season however I hope the defense is strengthened a lil bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Both played in an era where for the biggest part Serie a was done, germany was $#@!ty except one season and the EPL was sniffing its ass, in the worst area of defending since football became professional.

If they were 16 today, they wouldnt repeat it themselves cause the competition is significantly growing back

- - - Updated - - -

Madrid build a team exactly around ronaldo
Well they built around him in the sense that he is the main finisher on the team and the playmakers are usually looking to set him up. However not in that sense that everything in attack goes through him.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys think anyone will ever reach Ronaldo and Messi's numbers?
Well Suarez did a season ago

But we are approaching a more balanced era so im not going to expect these numbers 3 years from now. We are just exiting the era of super teams (Real, Barca, and Bayern) with the EPL and Serie A restrengthening along with the emergence of Ligue 1 it will no longer be 3 teams dominating football.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But but but... he's only a poacher. Messi is better at everything else.

Oh, and just that one caveat that he's the most prolific assister of goals in CL history.

Cruyff is a moron, don't know why you are quoting him as support for your argument. He literally said that there is no end to assists with Messi, but Ronaldo is just a goalscorer. He's completely oblivious to the fact that Ronaldo assists even more goals than Messi on the biggest stage.

And Afghan, myself and most others rate Messi above C. Ronaldo. But acting like there is some vast gulf between them makes you look like a dunce with a complete lack of understanding about the skill, talent, and intelligence required to play the game the way Ronaldo does. Off-ball movement and positioning (which is the reason Ronaldo is the most prolific CL player in football history) is easily as important as Messi's ability to dribble through a half-dozen players, as they create the same result in the end.

May 23, 2013
:lol:

Oh, and just that one caveat that he's the most prolific assister of goals in CL history.

Cruyff is a moron, don't know why you are quoting him as support for your argument. He literally said that there is no end to assists with Messi, but Ronaldo is just a goalscorer. He's completely oblivious to the fact that Ronaldo assists even more goals than Messi on the biggest stage.

But Messi is like miles above :lol:

And Afghan, myself and most others rate Messi above C. Ronaldo. But acting like there is some vast gulf between them makes you a complete dunce with a complete lack of understanding about the skill, talent, and intelligence required to play the game the way Ronaldo does. Off-ball movement and positioning (which is the reason Ronaldo is the most prolific CL player in football history) is easily as important as Messi's ability to dribble through a half-dozen players, as they create the same result in the end.
While off the ball movement is very important (I havent denied that) in my opinion it does not match the importance of being able to create chance or goals WITH the ball out of nothing as the former abilities requires another footballer to be able to pick you out. There is a reason why players like Cruyff are universally rated higher than the likes Gerd Muller.

Also though I think there is a gap. I respect Ronaldo's ability as a poacher and more so respect his longevity and the huge transformation he undertook as a football in his 30's. For that imo he deserves a place in the top 25 footballers of all time.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
While off the ball movement is very important (I havent denied that) in my opinion it does not match the importance of being able to create chance or goals WITH the ball out of nothing as the former abilities requires another footballer to be able to pick you out. There is a reason why players like Cruyff are universally rated higher than the likes Gerd Muller.

Also though I think there is a gap. I respect Ronaldo's ability as a poacher and more so respect his longevity and the huge transformation he undertook as a football in his 30's. For that imo he deserves a place in the top 25 footballers of all time.
:tup:

This is perfectly fine. The problem is when people ridicule those who rate Ronaldo. I think he's far closer to Messi than you do. I think the gap between them is minimal, I see that in the end results of their play and the success they've had. And while I do believe Messi is greater, and will go down as a top 5 player of all time, unfortunately for those who constantly bash Ronaldo or say he's just a poacher, the consensus will almost certainly end up placing him as a top 10 player of all time, when all is said and done. The last 5 years for him were truly quite extraordinary, in terms of trophies won, goals scored, assists...

I don't really like rating players outside of era myself. It's impossible to know how they would perform in another era, especially considering the way super teams have formed and competitive balance has gone so far askew during this era. Or how the greats of past eras would perform today. Messi and Ronaldo are number 1 and 2, for me, respectively of the last decade. Before them you had fat Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, etc. Before them Baggio, Romario, etc. Before them, Maradona, Platini... and so on and so forth. All else is really unknowable.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I hate Ramos but Messi here...

[video=gfycat;ThirdWhichArgentinehornedfrog]https://gfycat.com/ThirdWhichArgentinehornedfrog[/video]
Zero class Ramos as usual. There is no reason to be a childish douche when you dominating and it's been a peaceful game.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

May 23, 2013
:tup:

This is perfectly fine. The problem is when people ridicule those who rate Ronaldo. I think he's far closer to Messi than you do. I think the gap between them is minimal, I see that in the end results of their play and the success they've had. And while I do believe Messi is greater, and will go down as a top 5 player of all time, unfortunately for those who constantly bash Ronaldo or say he's just a poacher, the consensus will almost certainly end up placing him as a top 10 player of all time, when all is said and done. The last 5 years for him were truly quite extraordinary, in terms of trophies won, goals scored, assists...

I don't really like rating players outside of era myself. It's impossible to know how they would perform in another era, especially considering the way super teams have formed and competitive balance has gone so far askew during this era. Or how the greats of past eras would perform today. Messi and Ronaldo are number 1 and 2, for me, respectively of the last decade. Before them you had fat Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, etc. Before them Baggio, Romario, etc. Before them, Maradona, Platini... and so on and so forth. All else is really unknowable.
:tup: fair enough bro.

Agree on the whole rating players from different eras thing aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Zero class Ramos as usual. There is no reason to be a childish douche when you dominating and it's been a peaceful game.

You wouldnt see Chiellini do something like that to an Inter player. Don't see the point of doing that in a super coppa.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

This. But to be fair Barcelona do this all the time too.

- - - Updated - - -

This. But to be fair Barcelona do this all the time too.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

And Afghan, myself and most others rate Messi above C. Ronaldo. But acting like there is some vast gulf between them makes you look like a dunce with a complete lack of understanding about the skill, talent, and intelligence required to play the game the way Ronaldo does. Off-ball movement and positioning (which is the reason Ronaldo is the most prolific CL player in football history) is easily as important as Messi's ability to dribble through a half-dozen players, as they create the same result in the end.
I will keep arguing that in better defensive era's, basically everyone before this shit, Messi would have been considerably less effective, where as Ronaldo's ridiculous ability to score would have been a great danger.

He's not gonna make those chances himself. But get the ball there and he'll deliver

- - - Updated - - -

I will keep arguing that in better defensive era's, basically everyone before this shit, Messi would have been considerably less effective, where as Ronaldo's ridiculous ability to score would have been a great danger.

He's not gonna make those chances himself. But get the ball there and he'll deliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)