La Liga 2017/18 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Suarez, Neymar, Robben, Lewandowski, Ibra, Ribery, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Bale, Eto.... most of these are easily on par with Raul, Del Piero, Totti, Nistelroy, Shevchenko, Nedved, Owen, Henry, Vieri, Crespo, Trezguet, Seedorf etc...if not better. I'd say this generation is even better than the one we grew up watching and by quite a bit.
That's your opinion, and I respect it, but I humbly disagree. Also, Owen has no business being on that list. He was too inconsistent and injury prone.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Of course you wont, you are one of those sad people, who will keep convincing yourself that everything was better back in the day, even if there comes a guy like Ronaldo that destroys everything on his path. Carries his national team and every single team he is on
:agree:

han er et stykke ristet med det hele

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Such nostalgic bullshit. The game has changed on a variety of parameters but the argument that it is somehow easier is bull.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk
I never said the game is easier, but it is easier for the big teams to win because they have all the money. Football was far more balanced in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you trying to say that Ronaldo choked at the Euro's and his nation was better off without him?
In a way I agree, until they lead their n teams to a world cup, its hard to say they're the best of all times. But then again, if.trophies mean everything, is Buffon not the best goalie even without CL?
I'm not saying Ronaldo choked, but he doesn't have the same impact for his national team that he has for Real Madrid. Messi has been shit for Argentina when it mattered most. Maradona made an impact at Napoli, and led Argentina to a WC in 86. Zidane helped France to the 98 title, and led Madrid to CL glory in 2002.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I like to think there were more absolute worldclass players around back then. the likes of Ronaldo and Messi are unreal and deserve to be named among the best ever, but what comes after them is what makes the generation i grew up with better imo.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Of course you wont, you are one of those sad people, who will keep convincing yourself that everything was better back in the day, even if there comes a guy like Ronaldo that destroys everything on his path. Carries his national team and every single team he is on
I don't give a shit what some pathetic cretin thinks. That's my fucking opinion, and it sticks until either Messi or Ronaldo do something extraordinary for their national teams. Let me remind you that Portugal won Euro 2016 in spite of Ronaldo, not because of him you imbecile. Carries his national team and every single team he is on? :howler:

It's not that he had a star studded team @ United, or currently has an eclectic bunch of superstars @ Madrid :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I like to think there were more absolute worldclass players around back then. the likes of Ronaldo and Messi are unreal and deserve to be named among the best ever, but what comes after them is what makes the generation i grew up with better imo.
Finally. Someone with a brain :heart: :touched:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I never said the game is easier, but it is easier for the big teams to win because they have all the money. Football was far more balanced in the past.
If you look at the CHL winners in the 90's there is only one real upset, Red Star Belgrade. We have a similar upset in the 00's with Porto. Other than that it goes to a European powerhouse every single year. Ronaldo has 285 goals in 241 games for RMA. And it's not like he's chocking in Europe and just bagging 6 against Osasuna. He's the all time CHL top scorer and he won the EC with Portugal.

Oh. And he's still at his peak and considering his physicality it could carry on for 2-3 seasons more.

fucking GOAT.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Suarez, Neymar, Robben, Lewandowski, Ibra, Ribery, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Bale, Eto.... most of these are easily on par with Raul, Del Piero, Totti, Nistelroy, Shevchenko, Nedved, Owen, Henry, Vieri, Crespo, Trezguet, Seedorf etc...if not better. I'd say this generation is even better than the one we grew up watching and by quite a bit.
I regret giving you that +rep while spreading, should've read the post.....:sergio:

Sheva alone shits Lewa, Neymar, Bale
Ibra belongs with the Raul's and the Nistelroy's
So does Pirlo and Ribery
Bale is weak as fuck compared to Pavel

- - - Updated - - -

And sneakily put Pirlo in the upper list of players even though he's the same age as Owen. While leaving players such as Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo, Kaka, Scholes, Redondo and many more unmentioned.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add Salah for this generation's list though :baus:

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011

han er et stykke ristet med det hele
Han er helt væk

Let me remind you that Portugal won Euro 2016 in spite of Ronaldo, not because of him you imbecile.
He was their topscorer and with 3 assists aswell, gtfo

It's not that he had a star studded team @ United, or currently has an eclectic bunch of superstars @ Madrid :lol:
And yet he still carried both. :baus:

12 goals in 13 games in CL
25 goals in 29 games in La Liga

Sit down imbecile

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I regret giving you that +rep while spreading, should've read the post.....:sergio:

Sheva alone $#@!s Lewa, Neymar, Bale
So does Pirlo and Ribery
Bale is weak as $#@! compared to Pavel

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

How do you rate Ribery when talking all time greatest? Robben too for that matter

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
How do you rate Ribery when talking all time greatest? Robben too for that matter
Ribery is an almost, he was so close to being a legendary player, injury ridden, missed the WC by a hair, multiple cl final losses.
Same for Robben.
I rate them both very highly probably amongst top 10 wingers of all times imo. Only when they're on form of course :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Han er helt væk

He was their topscorer and with 3 assists aswell, gtfo

And yet he still carried both. :baus:

12 goals in 13 games in CL
25 goals in 29 games in La Liga

Sit down imbecile
Says the guy resorting to stats to support his argument. Top Scorer and three assists for a Portugal team that played like shit and were incredibly fortunate to make the final. Did you even watch the games ffs, or are you just regurgitating shit? Kinda like the kid at school who resorts to rote memorization without actually comprehending shit to seem smart.

He had star studded teams @ United and Madrid. That's a fucking fact. He helped them win, but it's not like he didn't have a fuckton of help (whether from his teammates or the referees) along the way.

That's like saying Lebron is the greatest because he has scored more playoff points than anyone in history, or breaking Magic Johnson's record for triple doubles in the finals. I still rate both Magic and Jordan ahead of Lebron, because while their teams were great, they had competition. They actually had to beat tough opposition to win and not some mickey mouse teams who lack the mental toughness and fortitude to compete.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Ribery is an almost, he was so close to being a legendary player, injury ridden, missed the WC by a hair, multiple cl final losses.
Same for Robben.
I rate them both very highly probably amongst top 10 wingers of all times imo. Only when they're on form of course :D
To me they are the best pair of wings trough history or at least a candidate being

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Sheva alone shits Lewa, Neymar, Bale
So does Pirlo and Ribery
Bale is weak as fuck compared to Pavel

- - - Updated - - -

]

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a list of players who come after Messi and CR7 during the last decade of their domination. I am comparing them to those who come after R9 and Zizou. The former are better by a margin.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I think Robben is definitely an all time great. It's a shame he choked at the WC final, otherwise there'd be no doubt of his greatness. But the way he is so unstoppable puts him up there for me. Players know what he's going to do yet he still manages to get past them every single time.

Ribery's good but not in that upper tier imo

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Robben is all time great for sure. Ribery is awesome but Robben is of a higher class to me.

Remember when we almost got robben?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Robben probably is one of the best players/wingers of his generation but all time great is pushing it imo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying Ronaldo choked, but he doesn't have the same impact for his national team that he has for Real Madrid. Messi has been shit for Argentina when it mattered most. Maradona made an impact at Napoli, and led Argentina to a WC in 86. Zidane helped France to the 98 title, and led Madrid to CL glory in 2002.
People also conveniently overlook the fact the game has been changed to favour attacking play. As well, with the money involved in football smaller clubs can no longer keep their best players past early 20s. A Maradona at Napoli doesn't happen anymore. Lazio in the late 90s-early 00s doesn't happen, and so on and so forth.

What Ronaldo and Messi have done is special, and they are all-time greats certainly. But football was far more balanced and positions outside of attacking players were far better (more evidence of the shifting game towards attacking play).

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

Portugal have two players at RM, next season it will be just Cristiano. You really expect his role to stay the same with such a huge difference in quality?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think Robben is definitely an all time great. It's a shame he choked at the WC final, otherwise there'd be no doubt of his greatness. But the way he is so unstoppable puts him up there for me. Players know what he's going to do yet he still manages to get past them every single time.

Ribery's good but not in that upper tier imo
I agree.

But to me Ribery should also be considered there, he was so close to winning the Ballon d`Or and should have got it if there was any justice in the competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Robben probably is one of the best players/wingers of his generation but all time great is pushing it imo.
Offcourse im biased, but I think its fair to put him in one of the all time greatest. The guy is freaking good, even at 33 he is not slowing down at all. And even more when you think of all the injuries he had, most players cant keep up the level he does when they get injured so often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)