"La Juve ha preferito Del Piero" - Miccoli (1 Viewer)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    But I'm not sure why one of the two had to be sacrificed in the first place.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    But I'm not sure why one of the two had to be sacrificed in the first place.
    Exactly; unless we needed the Miccoli money to fund Zlatan's transfer, which in my book is a load of tripe because that amount of money shouldn't be making a huge difference

Jul 19, 2003
    That's what Moggi said on channel4........he had to be sacrificed because of finance reasons. B.S..........how about do away with Montero, Iuliano, Pessotto who're veterans and I'm sure got paid much more than Miccoli.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    What surprises me is that Miccoli makes it sound like as if there actually was a possibility they would sacrifice Del Piero. Which would mean this really is a new Juventus.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    What surprises me is that Miccoli makes it sound like as if there actually was a possibility they would sacrifice Del Piero. Which would mean this really is a new Juventus.
    maybe our management is starting to think with their heads instead of their hearts

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

maybe our management is starting to think with their heads instead of their hearts
    Well, they made the right decision. But in a year or two, possibly even next year, it's time to get on and ditch Del Piero.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Channel4 said that Miccoli was pissed at Juve for signing Zlatan and he requested a transfer.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    That rhymes to what I was saying about Micco's departure.

He left cause DP, and he only be back if he proves he is good enough to take the most important role in a team like Juve (what I doubt).

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

cmon. if miccoli should be pissed at juve for something it is for still playing alex.
    Not pissed at Juve, pissed at Lippi, and Lippi's gone. Imo that's not a fair assessment as we've only played two official games thus far this season, and Miccoli started in one of them.

wookie

Aug 5, 2004
    perhaps "DP" is going to be the scorerking in the serie a this year . and he will play the following year also on a workclasslevel, then juve musn't replace him . o_O

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    "Tornare? Non lo so"

I dont speak italian, but with the help of an online dictionary I translated as something like:

Returning? (to juve) Not alone.

or it can mean the opposite as well, so someone should translate it.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Juve snub angers Miccoli Wednesday 1 September, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A disappointed Fabrizio Miccoli has blamed his shock Juve exit on the presence of Alessandro Del Piero.

"Between the two of us, the club decided to sacrifice me," said the new Fiorentina signing on Wednesday.

"I’ll take nothing with me from Turin. I would have no hesitation in taking a penalty against them if given the chance.

"Do I want to return? I don’t know. I’m now just thinking about Fiorentina, a club who I said yes to in just 10 minutes."

The former Perugia star joined the Viola last night in a co-ownership deal after Juve signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic. And the attacking sensation admits the switch surprised him.

"I really didn’t expect this seeing as Ibrahimovic is very different from me," he continued.

"I also spoke to director general Luciano Moggi yesterday morning and he told me to stay calm – then Fiorentina arrived.

"Some may think this is a step back for me but it isn’t. Staying at Juventus and not playing would have been useless for me and the team."

Miccoli also admitted that he would have liked to join home-town club Lecce but he’s happy with Fiorentina.

"Lecce was a desire of mine but I’m very satisfied with the Viola," he revealed. "They are a club which will allow me to push for a place in the national side.

"I’m happy with the strength of the squad and I think we will be battling to win a place in the UEFA Cup.

"I’m enthusiastic about the new campaign and I have already spoken to boss Emiliano Mondonico."

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
    "Tornare? Non lo so"

I dont speak italian, but with the help of an online dictionary I translated as something like:

They ask him if he will like to come back to Juve and he said: "I don't know"

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    Im not the greatest of translators,

To blame Juve for not selling DP to create space for him, well, he thinks a bit too much about himself I think.

He had one good year in Perugia, why should be the captain of the team sacrificed for him??

I think he reacted a bit too enthusistic, and a bit unjustly as well.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Im not saying that we should have to sacrifice Miccoli or DP, what boders me is that if Juve needed the money why didn't we sell Pessoto, Iuliano, Montero or Zalayeta... even Camoranesi would have been fine... Why Miccoli!!!???

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
    "Tornare? Non lo so"

returning. i dont know about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)