LA COPPA: Juventus - Siena (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juve controversially defeated Siena in the first leg, 2-1, and thanks to those two away goals the Bianconeri shouldn't have too many problems on Thursday in the Delle Alpi.

Zalayeta will most likely start upfront alongside Del Piero, and il capitano should play for at least 60 minutes IMO, so as to regain form and fitness.

Prediction? 2-2 maybe...

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
yea....micco+benjamin! camo shud play, just to see if he still sucks. i wanna see olivera in the line-up as well...the kid shud be given another chance

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Nah, I think DP should start this one with MIccoli. We should see if the two masters could combine. Also Dp needs to gain fitness and Miccoli is on fire, and we need to take advantage of that. Why not play your most in-form player??? I think Nedved should be rested and Olivera should start as a playmaker. With Appiah and Maresca in midfield

DP...Miccoli
Olivera
Zambrotta...Maresca...Appiah
and the defense could be any of Ferrara, Biri, Montero, Legro etc.

maybe Chimenti could be given a start...

Aug 1, 2003
I think DP should start for this one. Benjamin could come in later. Or maybe Benjamin start and DP come in later. Well both should be given a few minutes.

I think we'll win this one, 2-0. ;)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
As long as we win I'm happy :D

I want Lo scudetto, Coppa Italia and Champions League this season......I can dream can't I ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
dp should play,and probably leggrotaglie as well,for him to regain some confidence.

i wish we'd some experimenting,say with miccoli and alex as persianmafia suggested,and a new formation.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
i want to see Benjamin score again :D

My formation would be :

---------------Del Piero------------Benjamin--------------------

---------------------------Olivera----------------------------------

Maresca ---------------- Conte ----------------- Zalayeta----

----Fresi --------- Tudor ----- Legrottaglie -------- Pesotto------

--------------------------Chimenti--------------------------------

Miccoli can come on if necessary.

Del Piero needs as much playing time as possible.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I can't see Maresca playing his 3rd match in 11 days. Everything else seems to be right, though.

I'd move Conte over and put davids in Central midfield.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    Rest Maresca and Nedved, in their places put Davids and Olivera. Start with the second choice strikers upfront, ie. Zala and DP. If we're leading comfortably then Benjamin can make an appearance, if we need a goal then bring in Miccoli for Zala. This way we'll probably get that needed goal AND see if Micco and DP can coexist.

my line-up:

Chimenti
    Fresi Tudor Legro Pesso
    Camo Conte Davids
    Olivera
    Zalayeta Del Piero

possible changes:

- Biri for Fresi or move Tudor to right back.
    - Put Benjamin upfront and play Zalayeta on the wing like against Olympiakos.
    - Micco/DV for Zala/DP if we need help in the second half.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    well, something is very clear..... Del Piero have to start this one!!.

This game will help him a lot!. He can be partnered with Divaio upfront, who is not having a great time. Miccoli needs a rest. Maybe Lippi will go for a DP-Zalayeta attack.

Apart from that, i think he will use almost the same line up of the last siena game. Maybe he will want to use davids in this game.
    Maresca would be agreta plus, but he have beel playing a lot lately so maybe will be rested too.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Rest Maresca and Nedved, in their places put Davids and Olivera. Start with the second choice strikers upfront, ie. Zala and DP. If we're leading comfortably then Benjamin can make an appearance, if we need a goal then bring in Miccoli for Zala. This way we'll probably get that needed goal AND see if Micco and DP can coexist.

my line-up:

Chimenti
    Fresi Tudor Legro Pesso
    Camo Conte Davids
    Olivera
    Zalayeta Del Piero

possible changes:

- Biri for Fresi or move Tudor to right back.
    - Put Benjamin upfront and play Zalayeta on the wing like against Olympiakos.
    - Micco/DV for Zala/DP if we need help in the second half.

I originally thought that Davids should start in the middle, but now, looking at your line up, I can see why he is on the wing, as he'll probably need to help out Pessotto in defense.

DP must play in this match, as he may be the only one who can generate some offense for Juve.

Babak87

Dec 15, 2003
    I don't know what Lippi did with Carini but now he is not so famous anymore.
    Come on Chimenti is old, I think that Lippi should let Mirante protect the goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)