LA COPPA: Juventus - Siena (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #62
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

That is Sick.

That's the "second squad". Good to see Benjamin on the roster.

Vin, that's AWESOME news!! Now I can tape it. Thanks, buddy.

BTW- I ended up losing to Brescia 3-2, from when last we spoke on the soccergaming forum.

So it looks like the line-up will be

Chimenti
    Fresi Tudor Legro Pessoto
    Camo Davids Appiah (I hope, anyway)
    Oliveira
    DP Zala(?)
    The line-up is going to look like this:

Chimenti
    Biri Tudor Legro Pesso
    Camo Conte Appiah Davids
    Del Piero Di Vaio

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Any Idea why Biri would be starting again?? He played this past sunday, will be playing again tomorrow, and then play Sunday against Lecce?

Must have something to do with the holiday break coming up.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    Any Idea why Biri would be starting again?? He played this past sunday, will be playing again tomorrow, and then play Sunday against Lecce?

Must have something to do with the holiday break coming up.
    lippi did say he'll play only inform players....and biri had a good game against parma. or maybe lippi just forgot that this IS coppa italia....he's just so messed up with the schedule :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Why would they risk putting Trez out there?

It's not as if Juve didn't win the first leg of this tournament.

This is crazy. I could see if they lost the first game, but they won, and scored 2 away goals in the process. It's nearly impossible for Siena to advance unless they win 3-0

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #68
    Just to correct you Serge, Siena would progress with a 2-0 victory ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Serge the reason is quite good. Trez just came back from injury so he will need to play to get back in fitnes...better play him tomorrow than on Sunday against Lecce, no? Anyway I think he will only play one half or a bit more than Zalayeta will take his place. DV has been playing a lot lately so I don't mind him sitting down for this match.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #70
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    No he won't cos he's not even a reserve.

Btw Trez is going to play not DV, otherwise the formation is the same.
    I hope Lippi knows what he's doing :rolleyes:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #71
    @Glenn: so I suppose it's Micco and DV upfront against Lecce then?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Glenn, I just have a bad feeling about it. Juve has a decided advantage in this round, with the win and 2 away goals. I don't want to risk further injury to Trez aby playing him in this match. Think about it, this is actually a better lineup than what they used the first time, so I'm not sure Trez is a necessity.

Stu, thanks. I didn't have a chance to correct it, because I was just so flabbergasted to hear that Trez would play.:)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Stuart considering that Miccoli has not been called as a reserve I guess he will be playing on Sunday. whoever will partner him will probably be either DP or DV, though I personally don`t think that DP and Miccoli are compatible together...two small technical forwards.

YEs Serge, but if wedon't play him in this match, when are we going to play him again before the end of the season ;)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Well, Give the guy the extra week to recuperate, and then come back, along with Thuram, on Jan 6th.

He's a striker, and a non-creative one at that. How much time does he need to remember how to stand in the box 10 metres from goal?:)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Del Piero and Trezeguet will be on front
    The midfield will consist of Camoranesi, Conte Appiah and Davids
    Defense will be: Birindelli, Legrottaglie, Tudor, Pessotto
    Chimenti will be the goalkeeper

On the bench: Mirante, Fresi, Zambrotta, Maresca, Olivera, Di Vaio and Zalayeta

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    Del Piero and Trezeguet will be on front
    The midfield will consist of Camoranesi, Conte Appiah and Davids
    Defense will be: Birindelli, Legrottaglie, Tudor, Pessotto
    Chimenti will be the goalkeeper

On the bench: Mirante, Fresi, Zambrotta, Maresca, Olivera, Di Vaio and Zalayeta
    From where u got thay fabi? :)

I would prefer o sit Trez in the bench..... we all know that he, like del piero, can injure very easiyly and he is coming from a slight injuy so....
    Maybe we can make him enter in the last 20 minutes.

Hey Fabaina...please tell me the hour of the game IN RAI venexuela`plis :fero:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I could have sworn that I saw 3 matches to be televised on RAI International 2 days ago but today the TV listing seems not to recognise the matches will be on today :wallbang:
    Anyway this will be tough but I think we should go through.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Last night Inter were on their way out against 10-man Reggina until a very late lucky incident happened .. deep into injury time Cruz's shot hit the post but the ball went in after it bounced off Belardi's head (Reggina GK) !! Roma also were threatened to leave early before scoring 2 goals, whereas Parma were defeated but still made it through .. Chievo are already out after loosing 0-3 to Perugia ..

It seems that all 'big' teams are struggling in this competition :undecide:

Anyway, Trez's injury isn't as bad as first feared .. his ankle swelled and it was thought that it was due to a serious injury but the swelling went away and scans didn't reveal anything, which means he is good to play .. bad news? I don't think so ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)