L' Angolo del nuovo manager...lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate (107 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
Yes but still it happened. A coach that won nothing turned out to be a great choice.

That's because it's possible he was always a good coach and his teams were obviously shit. Success of the coach is always heavily dependent on the players he has. I don't want Sarri here but if coached us last year, he would have won the Scudetto. Then does he become a great coach? Not necessarily.

The argument of, "What did he win?" is like the simplest, most un-analytical argument possible. Should we hire Di Matteo since won UCL? Or bring back Ranieri since he won EPL?

Are they better than Pochettino who won nothing? It's so dumb, these arguments.
I sort of agree. Quite often you need to coach a big team in order to win things. However looking at a coaches resume is the only objective way to rate coaches. All the other stuff like play style and how good of a squad he had compared to opponents are pretty subjective. The Napoli and Chelsea squads were good enough to challenge and possibly to even win trophies with. Napoli didn't lose the Scudetto to us because their players lacked football ability, they lost because they weren't mentally strong enough.

I'm not sure some on here quite understand how difficult it is to win let alone win multiple years in a row. It's certainly not a foregone conclusion that we simply win because we're Juventus. You need constant motivation and concentration on top of the obvious football ability in order to keep winning. The mental part of football is too often forgotten and I'll guess we'll find out soon how well Sarri handles that part here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
And I agree with that. There is no reason to rate Sarri over Allegri. The best you can say is that Sarri could win with a bigger, better team like Juventus. But he hasn't proven this fact so to say with certainty that he's better than Allegri is just being hopeful.
True at its core, but we have a direct comparison and Sarri's Napoli could beat Juve with an inferior squad.
We can only be certain of one thing, that Max can't win the CL and Sarri is just a gamble.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Clearly the ones who made more mistakes is bound to repeat them, Pep has lost titles and CLs when having so much better teams, than even fish could have win them, esp at his first years with mighty Bayern.
Poor Sarri always took the best of his teams.
We don't really know how good Sarri can be, but we know how bad Pep can be.
We know that Pep can't win the CL with a team like Bayern and Man City, we can't tell this about Sarri though...
Or Del Neri :lol:
I shouldn't feed the trolls but I couldn't resist.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
You know what I know? Pep Guardiola has 8 league titles in 11 years coaching career, and Sarri has zero, and the latter is dozen years older.

And Pep didnt win in highly competitive EPL in first season (his style clearly takes more adapting then Conte, who is more high motivation then ccomplex football ideas), how is that the same risk of not winning in a team that won 8 league titles in a row? For that to happen he needs to have a disastrous coaching season.

And who is more at risk at failing like that in a big club (losing with odds stacked in your favour? )A coach who has 1 title won in 30 years, or the one who won 27 titles in 11?

So yes I ask again, are you truly ok?
I didn't say same risk. I said more unlikely. It was unlikely at City too but happened. And you realize the same Conte will be coaching Inter.

Yes, his style takes more adapting, and Serie A is more unique. Tiki taka and defensive calcio are polar opposites. Will be far more unlikely if, I mean when, we go from Sarri to Pep.

Sarri making a far inferior Napoli a scudo contender has already been mentioned and argued a million times. Nothing else to add.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but still it happened. A coach that won nothing turned out to be a great choice.

That's because it's possible he was always a good coach and his teams were obviously shit. Success of the coach is always heavily dependent on the players he has. I don't want Sarri here but if coached us last year, he would have won the Scudetto. Then does he become a great coach? Not necessarily.

The argument of, "What did he win?" is like the simplest, most un-analytical argument possible. Should we hire Di Matteo since won UCL? Or bring back Ranieri since he won EPL?

Are they better than Pochettino who won nothing? It's so dumb, these arguments.
Lol thank you.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I sort of agree. Quite often you need to coach a big team in order to win things. However looking at a coaches resume is the only objective way to rate coaches. All the other stuff like play style and how good of a squad he had compared to opponents are pretty subjective. The Napoli and Chelsea squads were good enough to challenge and possibly to even win trophies with. Napoli didn't lose the Scudetto to us because their players lacked football ability, they lost because they weren't mentally strong enough.

I'm not sure some on here quite understand how difficult it is to win let alone win multiple years in a row. It's certainly not a foregone conclusion that we simply win because we're Juventus. You need constant motivation and concentration on top of the obvious football ability in order to keep winning. The mental part of football is too often forgotten and I'll guess we'll find out soon how well Sarri handles that part here.
There are indeed so many variables that go into winning, especially the UCL. For example the final against Barcelona. If the ref calls a penalty when Alves mugs Pogba in the box, we win the UCL and Allegri is immortalized. But it goes the other way and we lose. But Allegri still did the same job, which was good enough to win in that year.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I didn't say same risk. I said more unlikely. It was unlikely at City too but happened. And you realize the same Conte will be coaching Inter.

Yes, his style takes more adapting, and Serie A is more unique. Tiki taka and defensive calcio are polar opposites. Will be far more unlikely if, I mean when, we go from Sarri to Pep.

Sarri making a far inferior Napoli a scudo contender has already been mentioned and argued a million times. Nothing else to add.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol thank you.
So you think a coach who's grand credentials is making a team contender, not win, but contending , is more likely or safer bet for league title then someone who has 8 league titles in 11 years?

This ofcourse moot since neither should be hired for Juve as league title as the main goal, but with the focus of Europe (and no not EL). It just comes with the territory. For Juve, we are much more at risk losing that territory with a coach who hasn't won any then a coach who is the most constistent winner amongst the active coaches.

This shouldn't be argued on any level.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,490
    Empoli President: Saturday some people at Juve told me things would get sorted out. Today Sarri seemed pessimistic.

Last edited:
    Jul 20, 2012
    Close thread, put us out of our misery.
    According to ac who believes the marinara blog, guardiola was caught eating burrata and there was a line of pepper on it making it black and white.

- - - Updated - - -

@AlexJuventino
    Welcome Sarrismo :tuttosport:

#teamsarriboiz :weee:

@Dru

Going to bust out a pack real flamethrower cigarettes to celebrate. Gauloises.
    My 3inch chode is fucking rock hard :tuttosport:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    So you think a coach who's grand credentials is making a team contender, not win, but contending , is more likely or safer bet for league title then someone who has 8 league titles in 11 years?

This ofcourse moot since neither should be hired for Juve as league title as the main goal, but with the focus of Europe (and no not EL). It just comes with the territory. For Juve, we are much more at risk losing that territory with a coach who hasn't won any then a coach who is the most constistent winner amongst the active coaches.

This shouldn't be argued on any level.
    Reply to 1st paragraph: Generally, no, but I like to be more descriptive. In this particular case, yes and only for the first season.

Reply to 2nd: I don't disagree and I want Pep. I was replying to those committing harakiri saying we'll lose scudetto batch with Sarri.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)