Kwadwo Asamoah (17 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
From the very first day, may I add.

If memory isn't betraying me, when we bought him from Udinese he was a midfielder. Having Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal, as well as an upcoming Pogba in the squad, Asamoah had to accept a completely new position for him on the pitch, as a left back. Not only he didn't complain, but he ended up as the best rated fullback in serie A for two straight seasons and in the record 102 pts season he played more minutes than anyone else in Juve bar Buffon, Chiellini and Pogba. Then the terrible knee injury happened, which made him miss most of the 2014/15 season, a good part of the following season and almost ended his career. Never heard him complain or demand a transfer, he worked really hard to get back on the pitch and, once he did, he accepted the substitute role to Alex Sandro.
I rated Asa very, very high. He'd be the next Vidal had that injury never happened. :sad:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
For me he falls short of the status Lichtsteiner has, as an example, and unfortunately it's because of his injury(ies). He was a starter and after those two seasons his career was curtailed. There were signs this season that he might have been getting close to his physical best (well, more like 80-90% of it), but over 6 years I don't think he quite started enough games or had a big enough impact in those latter seasons to get a kind of legend/icon status.

The word "legend" shouldn't be bandied about lightly anyway.

Great team player and seems like a real pro and nice guy as well.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
People throw the word "Legend" around just too much nowadays. To me it's a very strong word. Very. Only the likes of Boniperti, Del Piero, Buffon, Conte, Scirea and some other are the legends of this club. All other players fall in a lower rank which is not called legends.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
People throw the word "Legend" around just too much nowadays. To me it's a very strong word. Very. Only the likes of Boniperti, Del Piero, Buffon, Conte, Scirea and some other are the legends of this club. All other players fall in a lower rank which is not called legends.
so you are telling me that nedved camoranesi and trezeguet are not ones ? okay then.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
so you are telling me that nedved camoranesi and trezeguet are not ones ? okay then.
Although @Powis has a point there, regarding this particular situation i will only say that every single player/coach/staff/cleaning lady/groudnsman/bus driver that decided to stay with us when we went in Seria B, deserves to be called a legend and thats final. It was THE darkest period of this club in its entire history, so anyone who helped us back then, are Legends.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
From the very first day, may I add.

If memory isn't betraying me, when we bought him from Udinese he was a midfielder. Having Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal, as well as an upcoming Pogba in the squad, Asamoah had to accept a completely new position for him on the pitch, as a left back. Not only he didn't complain, but he ended up as the best rated fullback in serie A for two straight seasons and in the record 102 pts season he played more minutes than anyone else in Juve bar Buffon, Chiellini and Pogba. Then the terrible knee injury happened, which made him miss most of the 2014/15 season, a good part of the following season and almost ended his career. Never heard him complain or demand a transfer, he worked really hard to get back on the pitch and, once he did, he accepted the substitute role to Alex Sandro.
He was so good that Conte had him play LWB so he would still see the pitch despite our immense quality at CM. And he never complained.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
And P.S. Assamoah certainly isnt a Legend.. He is something like "a Highly Respected Past Member of Juventus Who Always Gave His Best For The Team and Was a Pure Professional." or HRPMJWAGHBFTTWPP for short.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Gigi was inches away from Milan and only luck prevented him from leaving us. the whole thing is silly
Gigi was the best keeper in the world, im sure he could have easily went anywhere he wanted once the Milan transfer failed. fact is tho, he stayed

- - - Updated - - -

He was so good that Conte had him play LWB so he would still see the pitch despite our immense quality at CM. And he never complained.
im not sure why he would complain? he was a starter for a top club, position doesent matter

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Wait isn't he going to Inter?
Legend for a player who's going to Inter?
It's not silly if you're a fan. I'm not a teenager who lives or dies with things like this, but I can't be happy that he's going to Inter. I understand why he did it but can't be happy.
And Gigi ended up not going to Milan. Those inches make or break a legend in sporting terms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's not silly if you're a fan. I'm not a teenager who lives or dies with things like this, but I can't be happy that he's going to Inter. I understand why he did it but can't be happy.
And Gigi ended up not going to Milan. Those inches make or break a legend in sporting terms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:agree: just like the guy in your avatar, thanks to Doc Rivers

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
By saying "some others" I exactly meant the Serie B crew mate. They are definitely Legends with a capital L.

Although @Powis has a point there, regarding this particular situation i will only say that every single player/coach/staff/cleaning lady/groudnsman/bus driver that decided to stay with us when we went in Seria B, deserves to be called a legend and thats final. It was THE darkest period of this club in its entire history, so anyone who helped us back then, are Legends.
Hell yeah boss. Couldn't agree more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)