Kwadwo Asamoah (8 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Great man and perfect squad player, and I thought this season he was twice the player Sandro is if not more.

Thank you Asa, I know you're doing it for your family or else you wouldn't join these fake dickarms.

Much love!

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Thought he played his best football in years this season. Shame he wants to move on. The club offered him another contract. Fair enough for him. He could go somewhere else and be a regular starter.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
A club stuck with a player through career-ending injuries and they offer him a renewal but he choses to go to their arch rivals for FREE? Fuck him.

He isn't announcing Inter because he doesn't want to get booed and jeered tomorrow, but I hope the J Stadium crowd give him a shitty goodbye.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Meh wont annoy me whatever he does. He has had a rough few years always seemed like a good guy and his interview seemed sincere.

- - - Updated - - -

Zlatan and Bonucci were both fair too then.
They were big starters not back up players struggling for playing time.

Huge difference

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Zlatan and Bonucci were both fair too then.
To some probably yes, we are all biased at some point.

Personally, I can't compare Asa's influence to the two you mentioned. It doesn't make sense.

Oh and I was extremely happy when Zlatan joined Inter, they did fit perfect :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
A club stuck with a player through career-ending injuries and they offer him a renewal but he choses to go to their arch rivals for FREE? Fuck him.

He isn't announcing Inter because he doesn't want to get booed and jeered tomorrow, but I hope the J Stadium crowd give him a shitty goodbye.
Did we offer him a renewal before or after the Spinazzola injury? Because no one likes to be asked to stay out of desperation if the clubs heart really wasn't in it. Why sign if you know you will be benched as soon as the player comes back from injury?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
They were big starters not back up players struggling for playing time.

Huge difference
this season, he played 1570 minutes in the championship (sandro: ~2000), 4 of 5 matches in the coppa, and played 100 minutes in the knockout stages of the cl. he was on the pitch for more than 2000 minutes, not something i'd call a struggle. he was an important squad player, with similar playtime to barza or rugani. he played more than licht, cuadrado, ds, berna or szczesny.

also, he won 6 scudetti in 6 years, that's exactly what inda did in the last 30 years, their cardboard scudetto included. and those 6 years were not enough to understand the juve-inda relations.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
juve offered him a new contract. he could have simply accepted it.

make no mistake, he moves for the money.
And i'm sure he would have, if the offer would have been about the same as inters, but
3 years instead if 2 is a huge plus already. As long as i don't know the numbers i take it that we offered him a maybe slightly improved contract, out of respect, but weren't too interested in keeping him really.

And before people come in and compare him to guys like Witsel, Asa's salary was a joke imo.
And he deserved a raise. I'm sure he could have moved abroad for even more money (China says hi) but he didn't want to leave italy (that's where the for the family part comes in).

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Did we offer him a renewal before or after the Spinazzola injury? Because no one likes to be asked to stay out of desperation if the clubs heart really wasn't in it. Why sign if you know you will be benched as soon as the player comes back from injury?
Marrotta in March 31st: “If a player wants to leave, whether they are under contract or not, we try to make them happy. If Asamoah has already agreed a transfer elsewhere, and that doesn’t seem to be the case, it’d only be logical. We don’t try to convince players who no longer feel happy to continue here, we just let them go.”

Sounds like Asamoah's heart wasn't in it, which is strange given how long the club waited for him to get back to full fitness

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marrotta in March 31st: “If a player wants to leave, whether they are under contract or not, we try to make them happy. If Asamoah has already agreed a transfer elsewhere, and that doesn’t seem to be the case, it’d only be logical. We don’t try to convince players who no longer feel happy to continue here, we just let them go.”

Sounds like Asamoah's heart wasn't in it, which is strange given how long the club waited for him to get back to full fitness
Sad. He spent the last 6 or so years filling up that credibility cup only to spill it with this decision. Major loss of credibility as fan but what can you expect? Last chance to earn some serious money.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
this season, he played 1570 minutes in the championship (sandro: ~2000), 4 of 5 matches in the coppa, and played 100 minutes in the knockout stages of the cl. he was on the pitch for more than 2000 minutes, not something i'd call a struggle. he was an important squad player, with similar playtime to barza or rugani. he played more than licht, cuadrado, ds, berna or szczesny.

also, he won 6 scudetti in 6 years, that's exactly what inda did in the last 30 years, their cardboard scudetto included. and those 6 years were not enough to understand the juve-inda relations.
Im not defending him im just saying i dont really care because it will barely make a difference, he just wasnt that important to me as a Juve fan.

I can see why he wanted to leave and i definatly see an argument for us being annoyed because we gave him so much but at the same time fuck it he is no big loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)