Kwadwo Asamoah (7 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Spina will be RB here.

AS and Asa as LB, Spina and MDS as RB.

Move onto that midfield now.
according to TM, hes never played RB before. out of close to 200 games, hes played 8 times as a RM and 15 as a RW. on whoscored for this season (no idea how to check all his seasons), hes played all 15 games as either LB or LM so i dont see why we should get someone whos played all his career on the left side to play RB. id rather have a real RB, Vrsaljko, Darmian, Pereira, Meunier, probably some others as well, could all be available in the summer.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
For me Spinazzola is a great backup option. I would prefer him as that. But if we are re-signing Asamoah does that mean he will be a starter? Not a good idea for me.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If we are signing Asamoah then it would seem we expect Sandro to leave :depressed

Unless the thought process is use Spinazzola and DC to cover RB, I suppose it would be better to keep Asamoah for another year than Lichtsteiner or actually spend money on a Howedes we can't count on.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's weird to me that Spinazzola has spent all this time at Atalanta on the left when he is right-footed. But I recall him playing on the right a little bit for the NT.

Naturally you think if he played RB for us it would be better than LB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)